• The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

INNER SPHERE MECHS ONLY!

What is this, you ask?

We use stock mode in the private lobby system to run a lance vs. lance tournament.

When is this? 2pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Sunday, 27 November for team captains and solo players looking for a team.

The rest should be there by 2:30pm EST, first drops at 3pm EST.

(Europeans and Pacific folks, remember we're on Daylight Savings Time)

How long will it last? IDK, I would commit to four hours if you intend to win, to be safe.

What are the rules?

Inner Sphere mechs ONLY.
Limit to (1) mech with ECM, maximum.
No Hero Mechs.

We will shut off quirks, efficiencies (pilot skills), and modules.

"True Lance" = 1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, 1 assault per team.

Who can play? YOU can play!

Where will this be? House Steiner Hub

Where? Teamspeak address: housesteiner.com

Premium Time? Glad you asked! ONE person on each team needs to have premium time, so at least two people in each drop have it in order for you to play with less than 12 per drop.

What if I don't have a team? BE THERE anyway. There may be others, or extras from units that want to play but have an odd number of players.

Never played stock mode?? Well, there are places you can play!

@ Steiner Hub on Mondays and Thursdays 8pm EST (Thankgiving night might be iffy)

@ ts.clanjadefalcon.com (see this LINK for details/stock night schedules)

What if you KNOW you have a team, can you preregister? HELL YES!

Please do. Post a note in this thread saying so, and the player's names. This will help us tourney organizers by pre-slotting your team into the bracket.

Bracket eh? What kind? No idea as of yet. Might be single elimination, might be swiss pairs. We want everyone to have fun and make friends.

Are there sponsors or prizes? Maybe, if so, I'll try to update the thread. YES!!! THERE ARE PRIZES! Prizes for the first and second place team. $20 mech packs for the winning team, and 1000 MC for the second place team. *yes, that's for each player in the lance!

Maps will be selected by the tourney organizers, to be announced.

Contact people? Peiper (Devil Dogs) and CobaltGreen (Clan Wolf International)

Does this Peiper guy even know what he's doing? Well, I used to run lance tournaments a year or so back, so yeah, kinda. Maybe...

Questions? Post in the thread!

Rules: (posted 11/26 8:30pm CST)

Stock Lance Tournament Rules:

Each team will have a name [displayed] in brackets. Please keep it simple like [BEER] [WOMBAT] or something.

Each team will have a captain, who is required to communicate with Peiper/CobaltGreen and opponents. Otherwise, stay in your channels.

PREMIUM TIME: The team captain SHOULD have premium time as well - if not, someone else will have to make the lobby. You are required to have at least one player in your lance with active premium time.

Each team will be responsible for taking screenshots at the end showing the win/loss and displaying all mechs in the drop. We will only need the screenshots if there is a disagreement after the drop of who won, or allegations of taking the wrong mechs. NOTE: it may be convenient to designate someone other than the team captain/premium time owner to take screenshots. This way, if someone has to log out to access the screenshot for some reason, they will not break down the lobby. This saves time.

(Screenshots are taken with the PRINT SCREEN button, and automatically saved in your C:/users/(user name)/saved games/mechwarrior online/screenshots folder. If asked for, please post the requested screenshot to the teamspeak folder where the scorekeepers are. Before you do, rename them to: team name round #. Example: DOGS ROUND 4. Steam screenshots are okay, too. Just be ready with the link.)

Mechs allowed: Inner sphere ONLY. No Clan mechs. No IIC variants. No Omnimechs. And
NO HEROES.

Lance makeup: 1 light (20-25t), 1 medium (40-55t), 1 heavy (60-75t), 1 assault (80-100t).

LIMIT of ONE (1) ECM equipped mech per team. You don't HAVE to take ECM, but if you do, you can have only ONE ECM mech.

Setting up the Lobby.
Team Captains will set up EVERY lobby, unless instructed otherwise, as follows.

Game Mode [Skirmish]
Map [TBD]
Region [North America (unless both teams agree on a different server)]
Time of Day [random]
Match Time [20 minutes]
View Mode: [1st Person]
Stock Loadouts: [YES]
Ignore Quirks [YES]
Ignore Efficiencies [YES]
Tonnage Rules [ignore]
Full Teams [NO]

Observers: Official observers/streamers will be placed in the 'spectator' area. Official Observers will be selected and tagged by the tournament organizers only (Peiper/Cobaltgreen) Unofficial observers (casual players, streamers) must be invited by the Lance Leader, pick a mech that can suicide/jump or run off the map, and placed in a lance other than the dropping team. The opposing team MUST agree to allow that player or players to observe/stream. Only OFFICIAL observers need not have permission to spectate and stream.

Sequence of drops:
When both teams have 'readied up,' the private lobby host hit's 'launch.'
Upon landing NOBODY MOVES.

If there are observers in mechs, those observers immediately run off/blow themselves up.

All players in the lance have a chance at this point to set their weapon groups, as they never save in stock mode. When all players on your lance are ready the lance captain posts in ALL CHAT: 'Ready.'
When BOTH teams have said ready and ARE ready, they type: 'GO' in ALL CHAT. This tells the OTHER team they may begin to move. If ONE team says 'GO' and the other does not, STAY STILL. Something may be wrong on the other team. NO ONE moves until BOTH teams say: 'GO' in all chat.
The sequence is called 'ready, ready, go, go.' If those four words are not said in that order by BOTH teams, no one moves.

Once both teams say GO, the fight begins. The fight ends when one team is destroyed, or the time runs out. If the time runs out, count the surviving mechs. The team that destroys more mechs than the other won. Damage is not counted. If no team destroyed more mechs than the other, it is a tie, and the game must be replayed. If the 'replay' is a tie, then both teams are considered to have lost that round. Mech selections will remain unchanged for the next drop. Screenshots can be taken at the end of the match to prove this if you wish. (For time's sake. Other teams will be waiting for you to finish and move on to the next bracket.)

Upon completion of the match, the team captains (or designated screenshotters) take a pic of the final scores showing ALL players and mechs that participated. I would also recommend the lobby owner keep the lobby open to save time for the next drop.

After the fight, the LOSING team captain reports the loss to the judges (Peiper/Cobaltgreen).
Brackets will be set and updated on a google spreadsheet to be linked on the day of the tournament.

MISDROPS/DISCOS

Mistakes happen and technology is imperfect.

If a player fails to connect or disconnects BEFORE both teams say "GO," the players will wait a couple minutes for the player to reconnect. If after 5 minutes both teams have not said 'GO' due to connection issues, it is considered a miss-drop. The players on the team with the misdropped player LEAVE the game first. This prevents the team with the technical difficulties to see the opposing team's mechs upon exit.

The lobby is recreated, and the drop starts anew. If the same player has connection issues in the subsequent drop that are not cleared up within 5 minutes of the drop, then the game automatically starts at the 15 minute mark. This may not seem fair, but time is of the essence when multiple teams are dropping in brackets. Five minutes should be enough for any machine-restart/reconnect.

SHIzniT! I took the wrong mech! If you drop into a match, realizing that you took an illegal mech, it is up to your OPPONENT whether to let you play with it, make you sit out the match, or allow for a restart. If they allow you to restart, the team with the illegal mech leaves the lobby first to prevent using the opportunity to see what your opponents are running. Neither team has to take the same mechs upon the next drop. Remember, if you take the wrong mech, that's YOUR fault, and unfortunately, if your opponent doesn't allow you to run in it, or doesn't allow for a restart, then that's what happens. So BE CAREFUL when you set yourself up in the lobby. Watch each other's mechs!

Official observer privilege. Official observers MAY create lobbies and after, put themselves in spectator mode. With this power, they can hop into your teams and look around. They may be running commentary, talking about who is playing what. They should NOT be hopping into your teamspeak channel before or during your drop, though. Invited (unofficial observers) must remain with their team, and must stay in their chat channel in teamspeak.

SPORTSMANSHIP, Dignity, and Honor.
These tournaments can get pretty heated, even though they are designed to be casual. It seems silly to remind you that we're all here to have fun and have a good time, meet new friends, and find new rivals. But that's the truth behind 99% of all of our INTENTIONS.
While it would be nice that the tournament organizers are perfect adjudicators in the midst of conflict and misunderstanding, that's just not the truth of it. Even the best umpire can make a bad call, and even the most perfect gentleman or lady can snap when the heat is on. Cobaltgreen and I implore you to first attempt to find a solution between you before coming to us. Think of it this way: if there's an accident, the people who know the truth of the accident are the people involved in that accident. If both sides are truthful, then it is easy to resolve. If one or both sides are untruthful, turning to an outside judge to determine who is at fault means that someone who was not there will attempt to tell those who were there what is what. If it's a rules dispute, then sure, bring it to us.

Dignity: Remember, we Mechwarrior players live in a small world. We WILL all see each other again, on the same team or opposing, and that is normally a good thing. A way to keep it a good thing, I implore you to remember that behind EVERY screen, every collection of pixels representing a mech, that there is a PERSON behind the curtain. In every drop, there will be EIGHT persons fighting each other for supremacy. When in doubt, TAKE THE HIGH GROUND. Shiznit WILL happen. It's just the way it is. It is sometimes better to walk away: Ask yourself this question: do you want to be right, or want to be happy? If you can be happy knowing you're right, win or loss, then you will win the game of life.

Honor: Knowing you did what is right, even if it causes you a loss, means you have retained your honor. If it's any consolation to you, I would rather play a loser with honor than a winner with no moral fiber.

Cheating: If you think someone is cheating, PM Peiper or Cobaltgreen. We may or may not be able to do something about it. We will try to address it, but the results may not be immediate or what you wished for. That's the best promise I can make.

If you have questions, PLEASE post them here.

Edited by Peiper, 26 November 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#2 CykloneJack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:21 PM

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!

#3 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hey Peip, are there any restrictions on tech? Ie, DHS, heroes, etc?

#4 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 19 November 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey Peip, are there any restrictions on tech? Ie, DHS, heroes, etc?

Inner Sphere mechs only. I thought about restricting ECM - maybe a sort of 'Catch the Raven' type event where only Ravens could have ECM.

Good question on the heroes. The question is: are heroes any less balanced than stock mechs? If so, which ones? The Yen-Lo-Wang is proving to be popular during our stock nights at the hub. I'll hang in your TS to talk about it, find me!

#5 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

Sounds fun, I'll try my darndest to be there!

#6 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Excellent!

#7 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

Rules added.

ONE ECM mech maximum.

No hero mechs.

#8 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

Peiper, I would like to support this event with prizes. Can you please PM me when you get the chance?

#9 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

THERE WILL BE PRIZES! GOOD prizes too! I'm excited!

#10 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

Put me down as a maybe, if a group needs a person.

Unfortunately I work sunday and won't be home until 4pm est, hoping there are some leftovers. :P

#11 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

Any rules on streaming?

#12 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

Awesome event Peiper, and thx to PGI for the prizes!

I should be available for this. If anyone wants to form a team with me and run some practice drops tonight or tomorrow before the event; send me a message or add me in-game. I have a TS at blueteam.typefrag.com:7970 we can use for practice too if needed.

#13 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 26 November 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Any rules on streaming?

Players who are part of a lance may stream. Observers, who are not on a team may stream with permission from both teams. It should be understood that a player who wants to observe that is in the same unit as the team they want to stream may be looked upon with suspicion.

If a player wants to stream and there is suspicion they want to 'observe' to give intel for their teammates may still stream by dropping in a fifth mech on that team, blow up their mech, and ride in the cockpits of their own unit/team. Still, this is all with permission from BOTH teams to do this.

There may be some 'official' observers there streaming, and those people will have to be cleared with me and Cobaltgreen that may choose to observe your drops. I aim to post some more rules/format later tonight. Stay tuned!

#14 Warpig1227

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

I'm looking for lancemates to drop in this. Never had a comp drop and don't get to play as often as I would like but I'm a fair light/medium pilot. PM me or add me in game, I should be dropping tonight or tomorrow around 1 EST.

#15 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:33 PM

EDIT: friendly easy to read version

Stock Lance Tournament Rules:

Each team will have a name [displayed] in brackets. Please keep it simple like [BEER] [WOMBAT] or something.

Each team will have a captain, who is required to communicate with Peiper/CobaltGreen and opponents. Otherwise, stay in your channels.

PREMIUM TIME: The team captain SHOULD have premium time as well - if not, someone else will have to make the lobby. You are required to have at least one player in your lance with active premium time.

Each team will be responsible for taking screenshots at the end showing the win/loss and displaying all mechs in the drop. We will only need the screenshots if there is a disagreement after the drop of who won, or allegations of taking the wrong mechs. NOTE: it may be convenient to designate someone other than the team captain/premium time owner to take screenshots. This way, if someone has to log out to access the screenshot for some reason, they will not break down the lobby. This saves time.

(Screenshots are taken with the PRINT SCREEN button, and automatically saved in your C:/users/(user name)/saved games/mechwarrior online/screenshots folder. If asked for, please post the requested screenshot to the teamspeak folder where the scorekeepers are. Before you do, rename them to: team name round #. Example: DOGS ROUND 4. Steam screenshots are okay, too. Just be ready with the link.)

Mechs allowed: Inner sphere ONLY. No Clan mechs. No IIC variants. No Omnimechs. And
NO HEROES.

Lance makeup: 1 light (20-35t), 1 medium (40-55t), 1 heavy (60-75t), 1 assault (80-100t).

LIMIT of ONE (1) ECM equipped mech per team. You don't HAVE to take ECM, but if you do, you can have only ONE ECM mech.

Setting up the Lobby.
Team Captains will set up EVERY lobby, unless instructed otherwise, as follows.

Game Mode [Skirmish]
Map [TBD]
Region [North America (unless both teams agree on a different server)]
Time of Day [random]
Match Time [20 minutes]
View Mode: [1st Person]
Stock Loadouts: [YES]
Ignore Quirks [YES]
Ignore Efficiencies [YES]
Tonnage Rules [ignore]
Full Teams [NO]

Observers: Official observers/streamers will be placed in the 'spectator' area. Official Observers will be selected and tagged by the tournament organizers only (Peiper/Cobaltgreen) Unofficial observers (casual players, streamers) must be invited by the Lance Leader, pick a mech that can suicide/jump or run off the map, and placed in a lance other than the dropping team. The opposing team MUST agree to allow that player or players to observe/stream. Only OFFICIAL observers need not have permission to spectate and stream.

Sequence of drops:
When both teams have 'readied up,' the private lobby host hit's 'launch.'
Upon landing NOBODY MOVES.

If there are observers in mechs, those observers immediately run off/blow themselves up.

All players in the lance have a chance at this point to set their weapon groups, as they never save in stock mode. When all players on your lance are ready the lance captain posts in ALL CHAT: 'Ready.'
When BOTH teams have said ready and ARE ready, they type: 'GO' in ALL CHAT. This tells the OTHER team they may begin to move. If ONE team says 'GO' and the other does not, STAY STILL. Something may be wrong on the other team. NO ONE moves until BOTH teams say: 'GO' in all chat.
The sequence is called 'ready, ready, go, go.' If those four words are not said in that order by BOTH teams, no one moves.

Once both teams say GO, the fight begins. The fight ends when one team is destroyed, or the time runs out. If the time runs out, count the surviving mechs. The team that destroys more mechs than the other won. Damage is not counted. If no team destroyed more mechs than the other, it is a tie, and the game must be replayed. If the 'replay' is a tie, then both teams are considered to have lost that round. Mech selections will remain unchanged for the next drop. Screenshots can be taken at the end of the match to prove this if you wish. (For time's sake. Other teams will be waiting for you to finish and move on to the next bracket.)

Upon completion of the match, the team captains (or designated screenshotters) take a pic of the final scores showing ALL players and mechs that participated. I would also recommend the lobby owner keep the lobby open to save time for the next drop.

After the fight, the LOSING team captain reports the loss to the judges (Peiper/Cobaltgreen).
Brackets will be set and updated on a google spreadsheet to be linked on the day of the tournament.

MISDROPS/DISCOS

Mistakes happen and technology is imperfect.

If a player fails to connect or disconnects BEFORE both teams say "GO," the players will wait a couple minutes for the player to reconnect. If after 5 minutes both teams have not said 'GO' due to connection issues, it is considered a miss-drop. The players on the team with the misdropped player LEAVE the game first. This prevents the team with the technical difficulties to see the opposing team's mechs upon exit.

The lobby is recreated, and the drop starts anew. If the same player has connection issues in the subsequent drop that are not cleared up within 5 minutes of the drop, then the game automatically starts at the 15 minute mark. This may not seem fair, but time is of the essence when multiple teams are dropping in brackets. Five minutes should be enough for any machine-restart/reconnect.

SHIzniT! I took the wrong mech! If you drop into a match, realizing that you took an illegal mech, it is up to your OPPONENT whether to let you play with it, make you sit out the match, or allow for a restart. If they allow you to restart, the team with the illegal mech leaves the lobby first to prevent using the opportunity to see what your opponents are running. Neither team has to take the same mechs upon the next drop. Remember, if you take the wrong mech, that's YOUR fault, and unfortunately, if your opponent doesn't allow you to run in it, or doesn't allow for a restart, then that's what happens. So BE CAREFUL when you set yourself up in the lobby. Watch each other's mechs!

Official observer privilege. Official observers MAY create lobbies and after, put themselves in spectator mode. With this power, they can hop into your teams and look around. They may be running commentary, talking about who is playing what. They should NOT be hopping into your teamspeak channel before or during your drop, though. Invited (unofficial observers) must remain with their team, and must stay in their chat channel in teamspeak.

SPORTSMANSHIP, Dignity, and Honor.
These tournaments can get pretty heated, even though they are designed to be casual. It seems silly to remind you that we're all here to have fun and have a good time, meet new friends, and find new rivals. But that's the truth behind 99% of all of our INTENTIONS.
While it would be nice that the tournament organizers are perfect adjudicators in the midst of conflict and misunderstanding, that's just not the truth of it. Even the best umpire can make a bad call, and even the most perfect gentleman or lady can snap when the heat is on. Cobaltgreen and I implore you to first attempt to find a solution between you before coming to us. Think of it this way: if there's an accident, the people who know the truth of the accident are the people involved in that accident. If both sides are truthful, then it is easy to resolve. If one or both sides are untruthful, turning to an outside judge to determine who is at fault means that someone who was not there will attempt to tell those who were there what is what. If it's a rules dispute, then sure, bring it to us.

Dignity: Remember, we Mechwarrior players live in a small world. We WILL all see each other again, on the same team or opposing, and that is normally a good thing. A way to keep it a good thing, I implore you to remember that behind EVERY screen, every collection of pixels representing a mech, that there is a PERSON behind the curtain. In every drop, there will be EIGHT persons fighting each other for supremacy. When in doubt, TAKE THE HIGH GROUND. Shiznit WILL happen. It's just the way it is. It is sometimes better to walk away: Ask yourself this question: do you want to be right, or want to be happy? If you can be happy knowing you're right, win or loss, then you will win the game of life.

Honor: Knowing you did what is right, even if it causes you a loss, means you have retained your honor. If it's any consolation to you, I would rather play a loser with honor than a winner with no moral fiber.

Cheating: If you think someone is cheating, PM Peiper or Cobaltgreen. We may or may not be able to do something about it. We will try to address it, but the results may not be immediate or what you wished for. That's the best promise I can make.

If you have questions, PLEASE post them here.

Edited by Peiper, 26 November 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#16 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hey Peiper, probably a typo, but you got light tonnage as 20-25t; please confirm?

For anyone else reading, I still have room; specifically could use a heavy pilot but will work with whatever we can get. I'll have premium time up for the lance and we're gonna try and get some practice drops in around 1pm Est tomorrow if folks are available.

#17 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostFragnot, on 26 November 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hey Peiper, probably a typo, but you got light tonnage as 20-25t; please confirm?

For anyone else reading, I still have room; specifically could use a heavy pilot but will work with whatever we can get. I'll have premium time up for the lance and we're gonna try and get some practice drops in around 1pm Est tomorrow if folks are available.

Fixed. TY

#18 Top Gun Killer

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

Are Champs good to go ?? And what Maps will be played ?

#19 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostTop Gun Killer, on 26 November 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

Are Champs good to go ?? And what Maps will be played ?

Champs are alright, as they revert to their stock configuration. An Atlas RS (C) will simply be an Atlas RS in the tournament. Remember, the champions are not variants per se. I suppose I should say any UNNAMED mech is good to go (with the exception of Sarah, which is a Jenner D with a special paint job). (L) ( R) and (C) mechs should all be fine. They are all canon variants, I believe.

Maps will be announced before drops, when brackets are made. I am aiming to not have any map used more than once.

Edited by Peiper, 26 November 2016 - 09:02 PM.

#20 Top Gun Killer

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

Ok but if they use the champ con fig they are going to be banned or its ok ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users