Kit Fox Purifier Quirks?

58 replies to this topic

#1 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

Is there any complete list? I've tried looking for such on smurfy website but apparently there are no side torso quirks listed there.

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

From the latest patch notes

Clan Quirks

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:07 AM

Posted Image

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

There is one thing I'm loving among many about this Hero Mech. The Kit Fox was not good against other, faster lights. So they keep coming at me thinking they have an easy kill. And I kill them easily.

It is important to notice that instead of being one of the first to die, I'm now often the last one remaining. The SHC pilot and I had a great end of the game. We two went against 4 of them including a Kodiak and won.

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 23 November 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

PR STs have no quirks. This is reasonable, tbh; it's got a LOT of energy hardpoints if you want to brawl with small pulses or small lasers.

I personally found the high mounted STs to be cumbersome to aim compared to the rather high RA mount. But each to their own, I guess.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 23 November 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

PR STs have no quirks. This is reasonable, tbh; it's got a LOT of energy hardpoints if you want to brawl with small pulses or small lasers.

I personally found the high mounted STs to be cumbersome to aim compared to the rather high RA mount. But each to their own, I guess.

ST?

And what are you running if I can ask Posted Image

P.S, I so hate Smurfy's. I'm supposed to have room for another ER SL in my left arm and that arm goes up to 40 armor and I have mine at 31.

I'm running now a Clan ER LL, 4 ER SLs, and a fake MG to fool people into aiming for that hit box. I have the KFX-S left torso for a "hop jet".

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...faa10bd67144bb5

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 23 November 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

#9 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 23 November 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

ST?

And what are you running if I can ask Posted Image

P.S, I so hate Smurfy's. I'm supposed to have room for another ER SL in my left arm and that arm goes up to 40 armor and I have mine at 31.

I'm running now a Clan ER LL, 4 ER SLs, and a fake MG to fool people into aiming for that hit box. I have the KFX-S left torso for a "hop jet".

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...faa10bd67144bb5

ST = side torso.

I'm running a BlasterFox. 2 ERPPCs, 4 extra DHS, no jumpjets, no ECM. Runs hotter than the surface of the sun, but the KFX-C STs have 5% heat reduction each (for a total of 10%) so it makes it somewhat more tolerable...

*guzzles down cool shots like there's no tomorrow*

For example of results: Posted Image

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

Wow, awesome score.

I think the Kit Fox is going to become one of my favorites again to play.

So you are running the PPCs in it's arms?

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 24 November 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#11 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 23 November 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I'm running a BlasterFox. 2 ERPPCs, 4 extra DHS, no jumpjets, no ECM.

Tournaments like this one favor extreme builds that work exceptionally well in 1 in a 10 games and rely on both your team and your enemies being cowardly and incompetent.

I prefer to use a "meta" build that is most dependable on any map in every situation: POKE-FOX 4xERML 3xERSL ECM TC1 2xJJ
It can get into poking positions on every map and has 28 alpha @ 462 meters. ERSLs are much more heat efficient and easier to aim - useful when the enemy is aggressively pushing.

A build like this: PURIFIER 2xERPPC 14 DHS is extremely situational - you cannot defend against other lights, you don't have jump jets, can't surprise the enemy with without ECM. Despite quirks, you can only sustain 2,4 DPS. The enemy pushes, you are done.

In theory , the most deadly build should be PURIFIER 5xSPL 19 DHS ECM, because it can sustain 7,9 DPS. For example the most deadly 9xSPL Nova can sustain 8,2 DPS.
But the Kit Fox is super-fragile in a brawl and it's probably better to use 7xSPL to hit less often but harder.

#12 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 23 November 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

The Kit Fox is super-fragile

That is why I snipe. And with the extra firepower, I now seek out lights to kill.

If I ditch the "hop jet" I can run one ER LL and 5 ER SLs. That gives me far and close and allows me to strike hard near the end of the game. Plus as I said, Lights now run from me after a few seconds of fighting.

#13 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 23 November 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Tournaments like this one favor extreme builds that work exceptionally well in 1 in a 10 games and rely on both your team and your enemies being cowardly and incompetent.

This is a bit harsh I think.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

Fox, do you have both PPCs in one arm?

I tried it with two in the torso. But I'm afraid of losing the arm and having no weapons. I've been spreading out my weapons because of this. I do not see well but I know that a lot of players aim for the arms, hit boxes etc. With is why I have the "fake MG".

I'm going to try it with one in the arm (to fire down or up) and the other in the torso.

#15 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 November 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is a bit harsh I think.

He's - very generally - correct in that the best-of-ten-format favors extreme performance over steady utility. So a build (and the required tactics) which yields very good results only in a small set of tactical situations can score much better than a build that turns out solid but unexceptional performances. His analysis is a bit simplistic, however, because there are solid, reliable builds that can turn out the occasionally amazing performance as well.

It's also true that in a match where one or both teams are highly aggressive, the dual ERPPC build for the Purifier will turn out decidedly lower numbers because of the ERPPC's low absolute DPS. However, the tournament always brings out the LRM monkeys, so a build that's well-suited to longer matches makes a lot of sense - particularly in lower tiers.

#16 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 24 November 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

He's - very generally - correct in that the best-of-ten-format favors extreme performance over steady utility. So a build (and the required tactics) which yields very good results only in a small set of tactical situations can score much better than a build that turns out solid but unexceptional performances. His analysis is a bit simplistic, however, because there are solid, reliable builds that can turn out the occasionally amazing performance as well.

It's also true that in a match where one or both teams are highly aggressive, the dual ERPPC build for the Purifier will turn out decidedly lower numbers because of the ERPPC's low absolute DPS. However, the tournament always brings out the LRM monkeys, so a build that's well-suited to longer matches makes a lot of sense - particularly in lower tiers.

I understand that. Which is why I would not run the twin PPCs although I am trying it. In 4 games I've averaged 600 in damage which is good for me. And yes, the LRMs be crazy right now. I have walked my Stormcrow and Summoner up close to IS LRM boats and just wasted them.

I did just have a game where I was the last one remaining and they had 4 left. After I killed 3 of them the other one played keep away until time ended and we had a tie. And that is the second tie I've had today. Which is odd but again, the last two enemy mechs hid from us 2. Was it because of my ER PPCs?

There are a couple of reasons I like the PPC (which I do not shoot well). It's fast, I've learned to shoot and get back without waiting to see if it hits. So using it often saves me from taking a lot of the damage using another, slower weapon would cause. Enemy Mechs are scared of it...until they see that a Kit Fox is firing it but even then they respect it.

I have a one ER PPC load out but I prefer the ER LL for now until I get better at the PPC. I can "paint" a light mech and kill it at 800 meters with the ER LL.

I do believe that I help the team. I work to keep the enemy's head down and really go after the LRM boats and spotters. On my two PCC Kit Fox I carry ECM (why would you not?)

What I thought was out of line was this statement : "it relies on both your team and your enemies being cowardly and incompetent."

#17 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 November 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

Fox, do you have both PPCs in one arm?

I tried it with two in the torso. But I'm afraid of losing the arm and having no weapons. I've been spreading out my weapons because of this. I do not see well but I know that a lot of players aim for the arms, hit boxes etc. With is why I have the "fake MG".

I'm going to try it with one in the arm (to fire down or up) and the other in the torso.

Yes, they're both in one arm.

KFX-S RA has 2E on it, which are both fairly high mounted (not quite torso mount, but almost there). KFX-C side torsi give it 10% less heat, which brings the 2x ERPPCs down from 7.50 heat/sec to 6.75 heat/sec, which is equivalent to an extra 5 DHS on the mech for free.

While it is true that the 2x ERPPCs have low DPS on paper, you have to consider that a Kit Fox is NOT designed for face time. Snap shots keep it alive, especially when it can accelerate and decelerate like a boss in an environment filled with PokeBears and Sniper DWFs. Using 2 ERLLs on it is an invitation to get dual gauss to the CT or worse. And with some practice, you'll find that it's actually an okay weapon to murder other lights with - if very painful to learn HOW to do it.

That being said, the 2 ERPPC build has been my go-to build for the KFX-Purifier. It hasn't let me down many times, I think, if my stats on it are anything to go by.

PURIFIER 139 86 51 1.69 186 81 2.30 64,375 176,233
That's 64.4k damage over 140 matches, or ~460 damage/match.

#18 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

I ran one game with one in the arm and I lost that arm, lol. It was the torso mounted one that saved me.

But that right arm on the Kit Fox is higher than the left one.

And yes, the Kit Fox is not going to stand and fight, something I've learned the hard way. Set up like this it reminds me of the American Tank Destroyers in WW2. They only fired a few times from each position using speed and firepower over armor.

This oddly reminds of one of the problems I have playing this game. I was an Army Officer in the early 80's and we prepared for war in Germany against the Soviets. One of the things I did was set up or train how to set up anti-tank ambushes and to shoot and move to the next position that had already been set up.

The thing was that it was expected that most front line and more troops would die. Our job was to slow the Soviets down while dying in the effort. For a long time, I play this game semi like that. I was the one that filled that gap and stood my ground...and died. And I considered this the right thing.

Now I know that living longer helps my team more and I'm no longer the first to die here.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 24 November 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

KFX-C side torso gives it 10% less heat, which brings the 2x ERPPCs down from 7.50 heat/sec to 6.75 heat/sec, which is equivalent to an extra 5 DHS on the mech for free.o

Can anyone explain the math here and how this works?

#20 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 November 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

Can anyone explain the math here and how this works?

A single ERPPC generates 3.75 heat/sec if fired as soon as it enters cooldown. That is, if you were continuously firing it.

KFX-C side torsi have 5% heat reduction each, which if you have both of them you have a total of 10%.

Having two ERPPCs, therefore, generates 7.50 heat/sec without quirks. With the heat reduction quirk, this brings it down to 6.75 heat/sec. This is a saving of (7.50 - 6.75 = 0.75) heat/sec

A clan DHS dissipates 0.15 heat/sec. Therefore, the savings of that 10% heat reduction quirk (0.75 heat/sec) turns out to be equivalent to (0.75 / 0.15 = 5) clan DHS.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 24 November 2016 - 04:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users