- - - - -

Mech Weapon Requirements?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Pulse Nova

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys, my questions is a fairly simple one, but I haven't been able to find the answer online:

How do I know which Mechs can carry which weapons?

I am buying my first Mech, and even though I like the Speed and Torso movement of the Griffin, all the build I've seen are medium Range ones, and can only carry like 2 or 3 Weapons Top.

The Hunchback, carries up to 5 weapons and short and long range ones. Which is more desirable atm.

#2 Dryderian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

If you want look at the mastery bundles, one way is to write their designations(Hunchback Grid Iron for example) down and then compare them in the ingame store, there you can look at each specific mech. Although you cannot see where the hardpoints are, only the number of weapon slots and their type.

If you want to look at packages you can normally choose and view a mech at the bottom of the page, there you can see the weapon slots and the wepaons the specfic variant has.

I can further recommend the Battletech Technical Readouts 3039 and 3052.(not serious)

edit: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ would be a solution. (and ninja'ed).

Edited by Dryderian, 21 November 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

You can use this online mechlab to make builds for any mech in the game http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

You can also take mechs into the mechlab without purchasing them ingame to look at builds and what weapons they can carry.

You can actually change what weapons mechs have, though there are limits in place, if you purchase a mech. The Trial mechs you start out with come with locked builds.

#4 Pulse Nova

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Thanks. I've been doing crazy reading, and can't find that specification.

Where can I do a fast read, for example, Hunchback model X: Weapon Slots availabe for Lrm, Mid Range Lasers, Ballistic, AIM.

Something I could look into it fast. Then look at the comparisons in the Mech Lab or .coms.

I would love to buy a Bundle and thus support the game, but atm I am in a country where I can't spend my own money outside the country.

#5 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

On the store page click mech your interested in looking at then click view in mech lab. Often times default stock load out when purchasing a mech happen to be sub par in performance. The latest mech I purchased was the ice ferret d variant which is a clan medium 45 ton mech with solid agility and speed. I dropped the ams put another medium pulse laser in it called it good. I would not recommend this mech for a beginner mech because it's squish squish and can be killed by 2 or 3 Mechs sneezing on it lol. For a beginner mech try the ShadowCat with 2 large lasers 3 machine gun and ecm. Ecm makes you harder to detect and the shadowcat is a great support learner mech.

#6 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Careful with masc which all shadow cats have which can blow your self up with the left ALt key default. Masc is a temporary speed boost more or less. Super usefull, makes the shadowcat very mobile.

Edited by Natred, 21 November 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#7 Pulse Nova

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Natred for the explanation and the recomendation.

#8 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Your welcome pulse nova, add me in game and I would be more then willing to help you out. My unit buddies are also super helpful and comical group of guys to chill with. Hit me up in game, we usually chill in the clan wolf international TeamSpeak.

#9 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

https://youtu.be/qfUI8Kezun0
Shadow Cat two large pulse laser plus ecm build is pretty strong. I have not tried it since the pulse laser range max range reduction but it still probably viable. People will say pulse laser op.. honestly notice how long this match is way longer then most people are used too.

Edited by Natred, 21 November 2016 - 04:16 PM.

#10 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

First, as seen here at the upper right, it shows how what types of weapons (missiles, ballistics, energy, AMS, ECM (if applicable) and how many can be equipped on the mech.

Posted Image

And where it says MECH STATS lower right, click on that to bring it up and it will show this info, on what type of hardpoints and how many hardpoints for said weapon is in that location.
Posted Image

It is funny seeing the previous Mechlabs that had existed.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 November 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

View PostPulse Nova, on 21 November 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hey guys, my questions is a fairly simple one, but I haven't been able to find the answer online:

How do I know which Mechs can carry which weapons?

I am buying my first Mech, and even though I like the Speed and Torso movement of the Griffin, all the build I've seen are medium Range ones, and can only carry like 2 or 3 Weapons Top.

The Hunchback, carries up to 5 weapons and short and long range ones. Which is more desirable atm.

Funny thought I have is the Griffin is intended to exclusively have long range weapons in canon (Battletech).

Any mech can carry any range weapons. Builds you often see are people's preferences. This said the HBK 4p can carry 9 weapons but all must be energy-based

Ultimately what limits them is Hardpoint classification.
Ballistic carries "guns"
Energy carries a small range of weapons all of which are energy based.
Missile carries missiles.
Oddballs include AMS, ECM, and cockpit (example IS mechs heavy or assault can carry a command console. This game barely does justice to it but the command console is poorly named as it is an entire second seat, with controls for the mech in case if the main pilot lost consciousness as well as an entire command interface with the equivalent of an extra ton of comm equipment (meaning control over remote sensor drones, access to probe feed, everything short of satellite hacking). Here it just gives a sensor boost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users