#101 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

@Bill Lumbar
me as well i loved HBS Shadowrun Returns-Ect, missed Necropolis though, still unsure about it,
i think PGI when it comes to MWO they lost their way, they had a Huge Concept and Creative Vision,
but like most undertakings such as this(a well known loved and seasoned IP) they got in over their head,

im not saying their start wasnt rocky, im not saying that what we have now is what we all invisioned,
im saying PGI did give us an amazing game that we all love and care about, which is why we are all here,
im not saying forget the past, im just saying lets not dwell on it, lets look to the Future,

we may not ever get what we originally thought we would, what we where promised,
we all knew we where taking a Risk in investing in MWO, we all knew it was a Grand vision that could fail,
not every kickstarter succeeds, but we wanted a MW title, we believed it would work,

if you knew what you knew now about PGI would you still invest in MWO when it was in the founder Program?
many will say no, but just think, we have a MechWarrior game thats still Fun, thats lasted for +3Years,

im sorry for Rambling, i guess what i mean to say is just:
Never forget, Remember what we Never Got, but Never Forget what we have been Given,
Edit- Spelling,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 24 November 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#102 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Just saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Yeah, and an apology from Russ to this community, for all the BS of the last year, but most especially for his conduct toward the community and his customers, would be about the most cathartic thing I can think of. But like that ounce of prevention it aint ever going to be applied, sought after or even thought of by these people.

It really is a shame that hubris is such a burden for some folks.

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 November 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#103 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

#104 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

So it is nice finally see the devs taking an active role here. Good on you. Please come back and talk more. I don't do reddit or twitter, so this is the only place I get information about the game. It would be nice to see you all in the game more too. Used to see Mark Nicholson and Stella Ku for a bit but not much anymore. I realize Mark got a new job, but he was pretty good in a Dire and a SCat. Stella was pretty good in a Timber as well.

P.S. I am a very anti-religion type person, but I was actually kind of surprised Russ' post was not in red. You know, like in that big book lots of people read on Sundays...

#105 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

@Bill Lumbar
me as well i loved HBS Shadowrun Returns-Ect, missed Necropolis though, still unsure about it,
i think PGI when it comes to MWO they lost their way, they had a Huge Concept and Creative Vision,
but like most undertakings such as this(a well known loved and seasoned IP) they got in over their head,

im not saying their start wasnt rocky, im not saying that what we have now is what we all invisioned,
im saying PGI did give us an amazing game that we all love and care about, which is why we are all here,
im not saying forget the past, im just saying lets not dwell on it, lets look to the Future,

we may not ever get what we originally thought we would, what we where promised,
we all knew we where taking a Risk in investing in MWO, we all knew it was a Grand vision that could fail,
not every kickstarter succeeds, but we wanted a MW title, we believed it would work,

if you knew what you knew now about PGI would you still invest in MWO when it was in the founder Program?
many will say no, but just think, we have a MechWarrior game thats still Fun, thats lasted for +3Years,

Never forget, Remember what we Never Got, but Never Forget what we have been Given,
Edit- Spelling,

Andi, I am not one to dwell on the past, and I really could care less to do so. I am still here for now, and when I do drop in this game, which isn't as often as I once did back in 2013, (due to the really snails pace grind/ and lack of real content) I give it my all. I come to play, I try to have honor in this game while I am playing it.

I understand the concept of a vision, and a company trying to follow through with that vision to the best their abilities. I also truly believe that PGI has gotten in over their heads in regards to their original vision they pitched to the founders of this game. Would I of thrown down for the Founders pack back then, Idk... I was to busy building my home at that time, cash, no mortgage. Maybe, maybe not given what I have seen in the past 3 years from PGI. All I know is I have thrown around $100 bucks to this game. I know it is a drop in the bucket compared to what some have thrown at this game, but it still counts as supporting this game non the less. I want to see this game succeed, I want to see PGI succeed with this game, really I do. Not trying to be a Debby downer here, really, I promise, but at some point, PGI has to come through with their vision they pitched the founders, or not.... its getting pretty close to that time, don't you think?

When I look at what we have been given....sure, it is fun to a point, but seriously.....come on, its nothing more then a FPS in robots with the BT image....that's it. No real content, nothing to really fight for, no real story behind it or within the game. Its all about the next sale... its all about buy this for this price, etc etc.... it seriously gets old.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 November 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#106 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

Dr. Ian Deathlike: Gee, the lack of humility before customers that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me.
Andi Nagasia: Well thank you, Dr. Deathlike, but I think things are a little bit different then you and I had feared...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse.
Andi Nagasia: Now, wait a second now, we haven't even seen the 'Con...
Matt Newman: No, no, Andi, Andi, Andi... let him talk. There's no reason... I want to hear every viewpoint, I really do.
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Don't you see the danger, Matt, inherent in what you're doing here? Developer power is the most awesome force the gaming industry's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun.
Andi Nagasia: It's hardly appropriate to start hurling generalizations...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the developer power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You didn't read what others have done and you took a blind step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of developers to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now [bangs on the table] you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...
Matt Newman: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our programmers have done things which nobody's ever done before...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Yeah, yeah, but your programmers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
Matt Newman: Mackies. Mackies are on the verge of obscurity...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: [shaking his head] No...
Matt Newman: If I was to create a mechpack of Mackies in this game, you wouldn't have anything to say.
Dr. Ian Deathlike: No, hold on. This isn't some game that was emptied by mechpacks, or the addition of decals. IGP had their shot, and capitalism selected them for closure.
Matt Newman: I simply don't understand this troll attitude, especially from a long time player. I mean, how can we stand in the light of F2P, and not act?
Dr. Ian Deathlike: What's so great about F2P? It's a violent, penetrative genre that scars what it exploits. What you call a game, I call minimally viable.
Dr. Ellie Sader: Well, the question is, how can you know anything about the initial performance of a mech sim? And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it? I mean, you have players in this forum that are poisonous, you tolerate them because they pay you, but these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in, and they'll defend themselves, violently if necessary.
Matt Newman: Dr. Gas Guzzler, if there's one person here who could appreciate what I'm trying to do...
Dr. Alan Gas Guzzler: The world has just changed so radically, and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look... IGP and PGI, two companies separated by a couple of neighborhood blocks have just been suddenly associated together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to think?
Matt Newman: [laughing] I don't believe it. I don't believe it! You're meant to come down here and defend me against these characters, and the only one I've got on my side is the blood-sucking moderator!
Andi Nagasia: Thank you.

#107 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Just saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

On this we do agree. Unfortunately backwards prevention is hardly possible. People do not forget PGIs mistakes in the past. Undoing those would be the only way for PGI to prevent escalations like this one. And that is something they can not do. There are way too many people pouring their salt into these forums.

To elaborate - I understand Russ comment about words being just words as the simple statement that they are not facts. Other people (I am assuming here) connect that comment to the infamous island statement and take it as an insult to the community or a sign of indifference.

Please don't get me wrong here. I don't want to play the white knight. Certainly not everything is great. But I also despise how fast everything on these forums gets interpreted against PGI out of old habit/experience. As long as that is the case there will be no prevention cause every tiny spark will ignite the forums.

#108 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

@Bill Lumbar

Edit- Spelling,

I'd suggest refraining from using the words "we" as if you speak for everyone in this community. Not everybody is as accepting of the practice and execution by our overlords - PGI. Members of this community have the right to feel cheated. Battletech has been an IP that has had a huge following since conception, Kerensky is rolling in his grave right now given the state of Mechwarrior.

#109 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:54 PM

And now for something completely different...just realized a lot of folks faction badges just disappeared. But not everyone's.
What's up with that?

#110 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

On this we do agree. Unfortunately backwards prevention is hardly possible. People do not forget PGIs mistakes in the past. Undoing those would be the only way for PGI to prevent escalations like this one. And that is something they can not do. There are way too many people pouring their salt into these forums.

To elaborate - I understand Russ comment about words being just words as the simple statement that they are not facts. Other people (I am assuming here) connect that comment to the infamous island statement and take it as an insult to the community or a sign of indifference.

Please don't get me wrong here. I don't want to play the white knight. Certainly not everything is great. But I also despise how fast everything on these forums gets interpreted against PGI out of old habit/experience. As long as that is the case there will be no prevention cause every tiny spark will ignite the forums.

You have a point

#111 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

And now for something completely different...just realized a lot of folks faction badges just disappeared. But not everyone's.
What's up with that?

Looks like Clanner factions have been stripped temporarily, I only see IS factions so far.

#112 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

@Bill Lumbar

Edit- Spelling,

There is one major issue I have with what you said Andi. I dont mind(though not happy about it) PGI not following through on the the vision and what they promised.

What I dont like in any way shape or form is the complete lack of communication or any kind of 'sorry guys, we dropped the ball and couldnt make this happen'.

Instead we get given stuff like CW, years late, but due in 90 days. A meeting in July and something about a list to be ready in 2 weeks and a few months later a meeting about FW where it all boiled down to 'muh bukkets'.

If we look to the future what are we going to see, FW which is actually QP that is just IS v Clan with respawns? A redone skill tree which should have been done a long time ago. A shrinking player base.

I am holding on till December announcements at mech con, if I see half assed stuff im gone for good and im already not playing, im going to hazard a guess that a lot of other people are feeling exactly the same and will do exactly the same too.

#113 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

What's up with that?

The servers, game and webpage (And seriously, why in the hell are those two connected when it comes to maintenance and the like?) took a massive dump earlier. Presumably has something to do with it.

Or maybe everyone's contract reset at the same time.

I just re-upped to Davion, but it isn't showing, so... dunno.

#114 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Looks like Clanner factions have been stripped temporarily, I only see IS factions so far.

Not just clanners. I've never been anything but FRR, mine's gone here too. Game shows my unit still FRR loyalists so that aint it, It seems to be a forum thing.

Edit: Whatever, sorry to interrupt. Please continue all with the giving PGI the benefit of the doubt or getting irrationally pissed off (raises hand).

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 November 2016 - 10:01 PM.

#115 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

#116 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 November 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

I am holding on till December announcements at mech con, if I see half assed stuff im gone for good and im already not playing, im going to hazard a guess that a lot of other people are feeling exactly the same and will do exactly the same too.

You and a good amount of people, including myself, are in the same boat. Best case scenario is that the announcement is CW overhaul, timeskip with new weaponry... Oh and HBS buying out PGI. Which likely wouldn't happen unless Battletech 2017 sells well. That would be the best early Christmas present Saint Russ could give me.

Wishful thinking at best. For all we know, it's just going to be an underwhelming "Clan Wave 4" announcement, and the golden Mad Cat MK II can be bought at the low price of $500.

#117 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

You and a good amount of people, including myself, are in the same boat. Best case scenario is that the announcement is CW overhaul, timeskip with new weaponry... Oh and HBS buying out PGI. Which likely wouldn't happen unless Battletech 2017 sells well. That would be the best early Christmas present Saint Russ could give me.

Wishful thinking at best. For all we know, it's just going to be an underwhelming "Clan Wave 4" announcement, and the golden Mad Cat MK II can be bought at the low price of $500.

I was thinking they would go plat this time around.... gold is so last year right? Don't forget the event that follows that rewards players for killing the mech's sold..... this is a key factor in the master plan, Right?Posted Image

#118 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 November 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

I was thinking they would go plat this time around.... gold is so last year right?  Don't forget the event that follows that rewards players for killing the mech's sold..... this is a key factor in the master plan, Right?https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

The "Hunt or be Hunted" or whatever event it was called was without a doubt the worst event I've seen so far in this game. I could not pilot my Huntsman and enjoy myself a majority of the time during that entire event. I found an effective build (4 ERMLs & U/AC10) and then... The U/AC nerf which subsequently made carrying single U/ACs absolutely pointless.

I love my Huntsman, and I won't degrade them by turning them into twin PPC poptarts, but brawling isn't wise since it suffers ginormous CT syndrome. Oh well I suppose. Back to piloting meta Warhammers and uninspired PPFLD builds.

Edited by SoloidSnake, 24 November 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#119 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

The "Hunt or be Hunted" or whatever event it was called was without a doubt the worst event I've seen so far in this game. I could not pilot my Huntsman and enjoy myself a majority of the time during that entire event. I found an effective build (4 ERMLs & U/AC10) and then... The U/AC nerf which subsequently made carrying single U/ACs absolutely pointless.

I love my Huntsman, and I won't degrade them by turning them into twin PPC poptarts, but brawling isn't wise since it suffers ginormous CT syndrome. Oh well I suppose. Back to piloting meta Warhammers and uninspired PPFLD builds.

SRM6 Pakhet works quite well in brawls and as an assassin. You should try that if you got the hero.

#120 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

SRM6 Pakhet works quite well in brawls and as an assassin. You should try that if you got the hero.

When you are being focused down due to an event... does it really matter what you try? I mean after the Gold mechs sold, I was one that defended gold mech owners that was on my team, but to be honest, when I seen one on the field that was on the enemy team, damn right I focused them down. What? Posted Image

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users