333 replies to this topic

#1 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:00 AM

I didn't know that the NGNG guys are community managers.

https://soundcloud.c...and-daeron-katz

56:00 onward

Starts about Tina but makes very clear that they are also community managers.

Talks about all the great direct feedback they've gotten and passed on to the devs.

#2 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:05 AM

Posted Image

Yeah, I have no comment. I don't want to say anything inappropriate.

#3 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

Well it confirms what I've suspected for two years now, why the Catapult, Kodiak and Warhammers ballistic's hard points are so high on the torso's and why the games going down hill in enjoyment.

53.29 is also intresting

just after they got *&^% for publishers and had to with friends form I.G.P

So as many many people thought, I.G.P and P.G.I are, or were until they folded that section, the same company and buying out has now been proven as a pack of Russ lies.

Also it couldn't have been I.G.P forcing P.G.I to make golden mech money grab packs.

Because it's all P.G.I

Edited by Cathy, 24 November 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:46 AM

anyways I took from that what phil said at 41:22, despite the toxicity of the forums at times and the players, when you can help people at the end of the day, and get messages of thanks and appreciation for what you do. It is worth it to keep going.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 24 November 2016 - 05:53 AM.

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:40 AM

Community managers... yeah... hmm well. Alright so it seems.
So its not so conspiracy at all, to think that PGI scapegoated IGP? Because last time I heard something about the very cozy relationship between the two, it was IGP who were the ultracapitalistic, greedy money grabber and PGI had to bend over against their will?

Money speaks and corrupts no matter what. You gotta have a behind comprehension kind of stubborness not to get lured with going the "money road"

Edited by Tordin, 24 November 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#6 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostCathy, on 24 November 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Well it confirms what I've suspected for two years now, why the Catapult, Kodiak and Warhammers ballistic's hard points are so high on the torso's and why the games going down hill in enjoyment.

I don't think having Mechs with high mounted hardpoints needs to deteriorate the enjoyment of the game AS LONG AS those Mechs with low slung hardpoints are adequately buffed. Remember the Wolvervine variant that had strong Energy quirks and was a beast with LPLs? It was a joy to play with those low slung lasers.

Now there's something else that I'm experiencing is getting lower and lower slung with the passing years buts that's an issue for a different thread.

Edited by His Holiness Pope Buster, 24 November 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#7 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostHis Holiness Pope Buster, on 24 November 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

I don't think having Mechs with high mounted hardpoints needs to deteriorate the enjoyment of the game AS LONG AS those Mechs with low slung hardpoints are adequately buffed. Remember the Wolvervine variant that had strong Energy quirks and was a beast with LPLs? It was a joy to play with those low slung lasers.

That kind of joy was unacceptable...like the DRG-1N, Grid Iron, TDRs, etc...

#8 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

I guess there are 2 different camps here in the playerbase. 1.) The combat sim crowd that PGI originally wanted to cater to, and 2.) The BattleTech crowd that PGI originally wanted to cater to.

Unfortunately you cannot cater to both crowds.

The BattleTech crowd wants am entirely different game from what the combat sim crowd wants. I, for one, think that Mechs with low hardpoints and ridiculous weapon combinations are to be avoided because the are generally-poor designs. The BattleTech crowd loves these designs because it drags the battle out longer since they are poor-performing combat vehicles.

It's an unfortunate dichotomy.

#9 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 24 November 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

Talks about all the great direct feedback they've gotten and passed on to the devs.

I think the jury is still out on that one, great is quite a stretch.

I will also hold my tongue, not trying to upset anyone.

View PostHis Holiness Pope Buster, on 24 November 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Now there's something else that I'm experiencing is getting lower and lower slung with the passing years buts that's an issue for a different thread.

You were having fun at the expense of others and PGI just wont have that.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 24 November 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

If those guys are "community managers", they totally suck at feedback.

I'm sure they are the "go ahead" for Ghost Heat and Energy Draw.

#11 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:09 AM

I won't comment on the podcast other than to say I listened to it and wasn't surprised by anything they said. Why so many people watch/listen to Sean and Bombadil's streams and podcasts is beyond me.

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 24 November 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

I won't comment on the podcast other than to say I listened to it and wasn't surprised by anything they said. Why so many people watch/listen to Sean and Bombadil's streams and podcasts is beyond me.

Ideally, it's for PGI supporters, but their reality is not catching up with their idealism.

#13 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Bombadil is a pretty decent guy if you ever meet him. Sean is a bit more awkward but he's okay too. He introduced me to Timothy Seals's great covers of the MW2 soundtracks after all.

#14 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 November 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

Ideally, it's for PGI supporters, but their reality is not catching up with their idealism.

Well I'm pretty sure that Russ is going to be annoyed at the I.G.P thing being outed by an employee, as it's the exact opposite of what he said at the time of what was clearly now, the non buy out.

It's certainly made me feel less inclined to support the game than ever before, and possibly unistall, if Mechcon, just turns into ******** promises again, and there isn't something big ready to roll out in January, I think I'm done here as a monetary supporter of this bunch of liars, at the very least.

#15 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 November 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well I'm pretty sure that Russ is going to be annoyed at the I.G.P thing being outed by an employee, as it's the exact opposite of what he said at the time of what was clearly now, the non buy out.

It's certainly made me feel less inclined to support the game than ever before, and possibly unistall, if Mechcon, just turns into ******** promises again, and there isn't something big ready to roll out in January, I think I'm done here as a monetary supporter of this bunch of liars, at the very least.

There wasn't enough disappointment and lies before?

The only thing PGI guarantees is a mechpack. Everything else is as good as the Dartboard of Balance.

#16 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 November 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

If what they said is true, that PGI created IGP as their publisher, then that's a pretty damn big lie. Not to mention that IGP took peoples money for Mechwarrior Tactics and then did a disappearing act......just wow.

Anyhow...the fact that NGNG are paid shills and community managers, the job description of which must contain the phrase "sit on your hands with your thumb buried in your nether regions" should not come as a surprise to anyone who has been around awhile.

Edited by TLBFestus, 24 November 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#17 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Well it confirms what I've suspected for two years now, why the Catapult, Kodiak and Warhammers ballistic's hard points are so high on the torso's and why the games going down hill in enjoyment. 53.29 is also intresting just after they got *&^% for publishers and had to with friends form I.G.P So as many many people thought, I.G.P and P.G.I are, or were until they folded that section, the same company and buying out has now been proven as a pack of Russ lies. Also it couldn't have been I.G.P forcing P.G.I to make golden mech money grab packs. Because it's all P.G.I

Hey Folks

I normally would not speak up on such nonsense but I just wanted to put the brakes on the IGP equals PGI ********.
I held the title of Producer for the entire time we were working IGP and at times we were at odds with each other on decisions for the product. As with most Publisher and Developer relationships you end up making compromises.

For anyone who has been with us through that transition knows how different things are now.

I will be sorely disappointed in anyone who wants to believe we were ever the "same company".
And I will be downright pissed at anyone who spreads this nonsense.

Phil and Daeron summarized a long story of how we got a publishing deal into 2 sentances. End of Story.

Matt Newman.

#18 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

Thanks Matt.

I don't know why Phil used the choice of words that he did, but as Matt says it was simply words.

I don't think anyone at IGP or PGI even realized that our acronyms were each other reversed until you the community pointed it out.

One last time: Piranha had zero ownership or involvement in the management of IGP they were a completely separate publishing entity formed by an acquaintance from Vancouver. But we formed a very classic publisher / developer relationship until they decided to close their doors.

That is all.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:06 PM

this is why they don't usually post on the forums..................................................thanks

#20 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 November 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

Hey Folks

I normally would not speak up on such nonsense but I just wanted to put the brakes on the IGP equals PGI ********.

Omg Matt, I have to moderate your posting behavior.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users