Community Managers Located

333 replies to this topic

#61 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 November 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

All I could add right now would get me at least a 30 day ban. There's plenty I'd like to add, but no, there's nothing I will add at this time.

Why fight the feeling? Just go with it man
Posted Image

#62 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

View Postcazidin, on 24 November 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Second. We have no fewer than 3 members of PGI, including Russ Bullock himself apparently, to attempt and quell the flames of burning rage of the theory that IGP was the scapegoat for any and all problems with PGI - that, I might add, have not only persisted but have arguably worsened given the state of the game and the lack of any real direct communication between the players and the developers.

Third. Going back to the fact that THREE MEMBERS OF PGI, INCLUDING RUSS BULLOCK HIMSELF have commented on this thread to argue against the legitimacy of the theory. This is unprecedented! On a good day we get Tina doing her job, but to have the rest of you here? Yeah, that's odd.

This is what bothers me, developers kicking and screaming when they've been found out, attempting damage control, is NOT the proper response to the situation. These three actively making a presence in this thread will only garner more attention, something they probably would like to avoid with this community.

As Bud Crue stated, they're just "simply words." In that case, there's literally no motivation to believe anything from Russ and PGI. Now that we know that NGNG are more or less professional advertisers for PGI, even if Sean were to come forward and discredit what he stated in that podcast, why should we believe him and PGI in the first place? I mean, they're damage control are just simply words with no meaning, going by Russ' logic.

#63 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

No, but as irrational as it is...I always hoped for better.

Right..... you are not the only one

#64 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

Why are you guys upset? This has been painfully obvious for several years.

Edited by dervishx5, 24 November 2016 - 08:15 PM.

#65 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Why are you guys upset? This has been painfully obvious for several years.

The lingering hope that they were better than the evidence suggested. Alas, even those of us who stupidly and stubbornly hung on to that hope far longer than we should have, inevitably wake up when slapped in the face.

#66 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

And this is why in 3 years, I have only dropped around $100 bucks on this game. I feel for you that have thrown more, I mean thank you for keeping the mech packs, I mean content coming, but ummm yeah... Posted Image

#67 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

Phil is away with his family for the holiday and unable to respond himself, so I will for now.

I'm going to keep this straight to the point, despite how I feel about how rude and misinformed some of this thread is.

Phil and I were not anywhere near being on the inside when IGP formed, and can only base our knowledge on what we've heard over the years, just like you. I can only assume that Phil took the previous knowledge that IGP was formed by an acquaintance, and then expanded on that and unfortunately said or implied some things that simply weren't fully accurate.

The podcast was unscripted, and we had no idea what they were going to ask us, so we were just answering as best we could off the top of our heads. Phil made a mistake, he's human. I think that's what Russ meant when he said words are words, meaning that they can easily be misspoken and/or misunderstood, not that they are unimportant. But I think most of you already knew that.

#68 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostBombadil, on 24 November 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

I think that's what Russ meant when he said words are words, meaning that they can easily be misspoken and/or misunderstood, not that they are unimportant. But I think most of you already knew that.

I could give a damn about the whole PGI IGP thing. It is the resulting commentary from Russ that is raising my ire.
Yes, people make mistakes, yep, I can live with that. Even sympathize with that. I'll move on. No problem.

But when companies, or more specifically in this case: company presidents, insult their customers...repeatedly...they should not be shocked that their customers get upset by that. They should in no way be surprised when those customers respond with outrage. They certainly should not be righteously indignant when those customers call them out for their dishonesty or even give up having faith in their company or products.

No, their is no misunderstanding here. His post is after all "simply words", and those words are prettying f-ing clear.

#69 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

Hey guys, why are you on this thread? There is a thread under the announcements, would you like to buy a light performance II pack??? I promise this time it will be differentPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 November 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#70 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

I could give a damn about the whole PGI IGP thing. It is the resulting commentary from Russ that is raising my ire.
Yes, people make mistakes, yep, I can live with that. Even sympathize with that. I'll move on. No problem.

But when companies, or more specifically in this case: company presidents, insult their customers...repeatedly...they should not be shocked that their customers get upset by that. They should in no way be surprised when those customers respond with outrage. They certainly should not be righteously indignant when those customers call them out for their dishonesty or even give up having faith in their company or products.

No, their is no misunderstanding here. His post is after all "simply words", and those words are prettying f-ing clear.

"I don't think anyone at IGP or PGI even realized that our acronyms were each other reversed until you the community pointed it out."

We're customers, not 6 year olds that are particularly slow for their age. No-one that has any respect for who they're talking to would honestly think we would believe that. I'm pretty sure a goddamn dolphin could tell.

Do I really care about IGP/PGI situation? Not really. I used to care, but at this point I'm too burned out for it. Do I care about NGNG? Not at all. But what I really care about is being treated like we're idiots by telling us something ridiculous to try and calm things down. If you want to tell us IGP/PGI aren't the same, then go right ahead. But don't tell us a bald-faced lie with it.

Edited by RestosIII, 24 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#71 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

This is proof that these people are not "developing" a game based on a 40 year old beloved IP, but rather just running a con to get old nostalgic whales to buy as many mechs as possible before the doors are shut by microsoft or by their own failure to actually DEVELOP the game.

Christ on a ******* this is not hard stuff. Here is a hint: Tell your customers what you intend to do, and then create a track record of actually doing it. Yes, you might fail along the way, but so what? Stick to your word and people will come back as long as you put in the effort and are honest about your intentions. As far as I am concerned everything since April and now this thread as a metaphorical exclamation point is proof positive that PGI, or at least Russ is incapable of being honest or actually putting in that effort.

40 Year old IP? more like 32. But what are 8 years if 40 is so much more dramatic. Do we need facts? Probably not. Most in here are not interested in facts after all.

Matt, Russ, Tina and now Bombadil tell us it was a misunderstanding? That can not be true. They are denying way too vehemently, so they must be lying. Sometimes I wonder how people would react if they told us, everything we suspect was true. Would we suspect them to lie out of habit again? Probably not cause "we" always knew the truth.

What I can say is that things got better since IGP is out of the picture. That is a good thing in my opinion. I have no knowledge beyond that and will not claim so. But I can use google and looked up Kelly Zmak.

https://www.linkedin...-zmak-bb578b/de

That does not look like a guy Russ would snatch up on the street as sockpuppet for some conspiracy.

Just my 2 cent.

Edit: Given, it is unlikely that nobody working for those companies realized IGP and PGI are acronyms. But there is still the question how they were addressing each other. I would assume terms like "you" and "we" or "our company" and "your company" were used in correspondence and talks and full names instead of abbreviations in official documents. Abbreviations are more common in forums like this.

So yeah, unlikely that nobody realized it, but not as impossible as you depict it.

Edited by Duvanor, 24 November 2016 - 09:02 PM.

#72 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostBombadil, on 24 November 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Phil is away with his family for the holiday and unable to respond himself, so I will for now.

I'm going to keep this straight to the point, despite how I feel about how rude and misinformed some of this thread is.

Phil and I were not anywhere near being on the inside when IGP formed, and can only base our knowledge on what we've heard over the years, just like you. I can only assume that Phil took the previous knowledge that IGP was formed by an acquaintance, and then expanded on that and unfortunately said or implied some things that simply weren't fully accurate.

The podcast was unscripted, and we had no idea what they were going to ask us, so we were just answering as best we could off the top of our heads. Phil made a mistake, he's human. I think that's what Russ meant when he said words are words, meaning that they can easily be misspoken and/or misunderstood, not that they are unimportant. But I think most of you already knew that.

Well when you act as the state-run media for a company for as long as you guys have, eventually you're going to get your strings tangled up.

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

That does not look like a guy Russ would snatch up on the street as sockpuppet for some conspiracy.

Just my 2 cent.

Well good thing we have your perception on it. Wouldn't want to mess it up with facts or anything. Just as long as the guy looks like something that Russ wouldn't snatch up.

#73 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Russ like all of us is Human, just check his personal Twitter, hes also a die hard Sports fan,
i dont think he ment any Insult with his words, as that wasnt why he said what he said,

but its up to how you feel he ment it, you can take it as him saying what he said maliciously,
or you can believe that he cares about MWO and cares enough to set the record Straight,

anyone can be emotional at times, everyone can say things they dont mean,
when misunderstandings happen, we can assume the Worse of people, or we can remember they are human,

Edit-
remember he thought this was important enough to comment personally,
that has to count for something, and im glad he did to set the record Straight,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 24 November 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#74 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Well... I have made it in before the lock....and that is a fact, and it counts Posted Image

#75 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

40 Year old IP? more like 32. But what are 8 years if 40 is so much more dramatic. Do we need facts? Probably not. Most in here are not interested in facts after all.

Matt, Russ, Tina and now Bombadil tell us it was a misunderstanding? That can not be true. They are denying way too vehemently, so they must be lying. Sometimes I wonder how people would react if they told us, everything we suspect was true. Would we suspect them to lie out of habit again? Probably not cause "we" always knew the truth.

What I can say is that things got better since IGP is out of the picture. That is a good thing in my opinion. I have no knowledge beyond that and will not claim so. But I can use google and looked up Kelly Zmak.

https://www.linkedin...-zmak-bb578b/de

Just my 2 cent.

Fine 40 years 32 years. I am more than willing to admit I made an error. But I am not going to do a Russ and say in effect "so what,it doesn't matter, its just words". That's what these people do...with EVERYTHING, but this is the first time I've seen them admit it.

Hope everyone is excited for all those big announcements at Mechcon...think they will be more that "simply words" I sure hope so because that is apparently what CW has been for a couple years now.

#76 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Russ like all of us is Human, just check his personal Twitter, hes also a die hard Sports fan,
i dont think he ment any Insult with his words, as that wasnt why he said what he said,

but its up to how you feel he ment it, you can take it as him saying what he said maliciously,
or you can believe that he cares about MWO and cares enough to set the record Straight,

when misunderstandings happen, we can assume the Worse of people, or we can remember they are human,

I agree, we are all human, hopefully Russ really does care, and shows us just how much he does care about this game, and soon.

#77 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

#78 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Infinite Game Publishing is a digital media publisher based in Montreal specializing in free-to-play AAA online games. IGP works with various developers to publish, market and sell free-to-play games online. Published titles include MechWarrior® Online & MechWarrior® Tactics.

Lol, see the part in bold lettering, shouldnt that be free-to-play minimally viable product?

#79 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Edit-
remember he thought this was important enough to comment personally,
that has to count for something, and im glad he did to set the record Straight,

Maybe if he interacted with the community more without his NGNG filter, he'd receive more respect.

Posted Image

#80 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

Maybe if he interacted with the community more without his NGNG filter, he'd receive more respect.

Posted Image

Yeah... the filter has to go, or not

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 November 2016 - 09:04 PM.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users