333 replies to this topic

#121 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

SRM6 Pakhet works quite well in brawls and as an assassin. You should try that if you got the hero.

Heh, I have a friend who likes his 4 ERSL x 4 SRM6 Ketchup Packet. Not trying to sound like an elitist when I say this, but brawling is almost non-existent in Tier 1. Almost everything is PPFLD or laser vomit. I'll have to give it a shot eventually in group queue, though I'm not fond of brawling in slower mediums, discounting the Nova.

#122 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

Heh, I have a friend who likes his 4 ERSL x 4 SRM6 Ketchup Packet. Not trying to sound like an elitist when I say this, but brawling is almost non-existent in Tier 1. Almost everything is PPFLD or laser vomit. I'll have to give it a shot eventually in group queue, though I'm not fond of brawling in slower mediums, discounting the Nova.

Ha ha.... You have killed it for me, I am about to move up to tier 2.... I love to brawl, and most of my builds reflect that love. Damn it, it's all over nowPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM.

#123 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Maybe I was just lucky then. I leveled my Huntsmen during the event and it worked out quite good, most of the time. That one with LB-X 10 not so much, but that's probably cause it sucks.

#124 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:32 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

Ha ha.... You have killed it for me, I am about to move up to tier 2.... I love to brawl, and most of my builds reflect that love. Damn it, it's all over nowPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

For the love of all that is holy, stay away from Tier 1 and 2. Seriously. Both tiers are fun vacuums.

If you enjoy emulating upper divisional MRBC tourney players, then it's a great place. But if you like to have fun on your own accord, look somewhere else. Posted Image

#125 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

For the love of all that is holy, stay away from Tier 1 and 2. Seriously. Both tiers are fun vacuums.

If you enjoy emulating upper divisional MRBC tourney players, then it's a great place. But if you like to have fun on your own accord, look somewhere else. Posted Image

If things don't take a different path, I will be looking somewhere else. Honestly, Tiers are not about pilot skill, they are about how many games you play. I don't spend 8 hours a day playing this game anymore, but I once did. Those days are pretty much over.

#126 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 November 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

If things don't take a different path, I will be looking somewhere else. Honestly, Tiers are not about pilot skill, they are about how many games you play. I don't spend 8 hours a day playing this game anymore, but I once did. Those days are pretty much over.

I'd consider myself a newer player, I got into the game the day the client came to Steam. Within a couple months of playing I was already in Tier 2, and the fun dropped off from there. The only solace I find yet in this game is group queue and sparring against guys in my unit. Other than that, sitting down and doing quickplay is more of a chore and not a relaxing activity.

God I hope the announcement at Mehcon is CW revival or overhaul.

Edited by SoloidSnake, 24 November 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#127 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

Wow, the emotion in this thread is overwhelming. Well, unfortunately PGI, your community is kinda sick of you guys not listening to them. There are dozens of issues we want dealt with, and you have responded to absolutely none of them. You guys really shouldn't be surprised about the rage, seeing as this is the first time in recent memory where you have come to the forums to address something.

#128 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

brawling is very much alive in t2 thought there might be a little waiting for it to start. Dont let people tell you what you can and cannot do or what loadout to use, just kill them anyways.

#129 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

Amazing... MWO and its drama out of nothing... and we didn't even need peef this time and no one got banned (yet) Posted Image

#130 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:10 AM

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

Questions!

What happened to assault game mode revamp and if you say one more time Mech Con I am going to start a **** throwing contest. Also what about the faction warfare fixes? What about any big feature since mech re-scale? How about that Energy Draw System, what is going on there?

IF YOU SAY ONE MORE &^%$^&%$&^ TIME MECH CON!!!

As for PGI and IGP I could care less ... having put so much money in I just want the game to work.

#131 F1oyd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I get the COC, but really why keep it civil?

They're simply words.

i guess we have more ppl banned in mwo for using words than for cheating since the first banwave

#132 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:46 AM

View Postjonfett, on 24 November 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's awfully convenient that no info for IGP can be found anywhere...
Very little, but hardly "no info" unless someone isn't really looking.
https://www.raymondc...5747241737b.pdf
The company's assets have been auctioned off as part of their bankruptcy proceedings, though the link to the exact list of those items is no longer valid as a result of changes on the website it was originally at.
http://www.clickonli...-montreal/4663/
https://ca.linkedin....ny-brown-4a5251

Had the two companies really been one and the same, PGI would be unlikely to survive that intact.
As much as you consider PGI incompetent, it's nothing compared to the show of ineptitude IGP has produced on Mechwarrior Tactics, and had they both been the same company then a number of IGP's choices on MWT would make a negative amount of sense.

Edited by Horseman, 25 November 2016 - 12:49 AM.

#133 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:55 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Dr. Ian Deathlike: Gee, the lack of humility before customers that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me.
Andi Nagasia: Well thank you, Dr. Deathlike, but I think things are a little bit different then you and I had feared...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse.
Andi Nagasia: Now, wait a second now, we haven't even seen the 'Con...
Matt Newman: No, no, Andi, Andi, Andi... let him talk. There's no reason... I want to hear every viewpoint, I really do.
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Don't you see the danger, Matt, inherent in what you're doing here? Developer power is the most awesome force the gaming industry's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun.
Andi Nagasia: It's hardly appropriate to start hurling generalizations...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the developer power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You didn't read what others have done and you took a blind step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of developers to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now [bangs on the table] you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...
Matt Newman: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our programmers have done things which nobody's ever done before...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: Yeah, yeah, but your programmers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
Matt Newman: Mackies. Mackies are on the verge of obscurity...
Dr. Ian Deathlike: [shaking his head] No...
Matt Newman: If I was to create a mechpack of Mackies in this game, you wouldn't have anything to say.
Dr. Ian Deathlike: No, hold on. This isn't some game that was emptied by mechpacks, or the addition of decals. IGP had their shot, and capitalism selected them for closure.
Matt Newman: I simply don't understand this troll attitude, especially from a long time player. I mean, how can we stand in the light of F2P, and not act?
Dr. Ian Deathlike: What's so great about F2P? It's a violent, penetrative genre that scars what it exploits. What you call a game, I call minimally viable.
Dr. Ellie Sader: Well, the question is, how can you know anything about the initial performance of a mech sim? And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it? I mean, you have players in this forum that are poisonous, you tolerate them because they pay you, but these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in, and they'll defend themselves, violently if necessary.
Matt Newman: Dr. Gas Guzzler, if there's one person here who could appreciate what I'm trying to do...
Dr. Alan Gas Guzzler: The world has just changed so radically, and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look... IGP and PGI, two companies separated by a couple of neighborhood blocks have just been suddenly associated together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to think?
Matt Newman: [laughing] I don't believe it. I don't believe it! You're meant to come down here and defend me against these characters, and the only one I've got on my side is the blood-sucking moderator!
Andi Nagasia: Thank you.

This was hilarious to read ... Thank You!

Posted Image

#134 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:23 AM

Nobody cares about IGP theories

I am actually kinda surprised 1 tinfoil post can summon three PGI devs

Can someone post something about IGP over in the CW forums?

#135 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:15 AM

View PostSoloidSnake, on 24 November 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Now that we know that NGNG are more or less professional advertisers for PGI, even if Sean were to come forward and discredit what he stated in that podcast, why should we believe him and PGI in the first place? I mean, they're damage control are just simply words with no meaning, going by Russ' logic.

I'm still shocked to know that it took until now for some people to figure out that NGNG was a paid shill for the game. Seriously? It's been abundantly obvious if you listen to a few podcasts and a townhall or two when all they do is occasionally make some lukewarm complaint about the game, ignore the hot button issues and pitch nothing but softballs to Russ or any other Dev that they talk to.

This isn't news, it's history.

View PostBombadil, on 24 November 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Phil is away with his family for the holiday and unable to respond himself, so I will for now.

I'm going to keep this straight to the point, despite how I feel about how rude and misinformed some of this thread is.

Phil and I were not anywhere near being on the inside when IGP formed, and can only base our knowledge on what we've heard over the years, just like you. I can only assume that Phil took the previous knowledge that IGP was formed by an acquaintance, and then expanded on that and unfortunately said or implied some things that simply weren't fully accurate.

The podcast was unscripted, and we had no idea what they were going to ask us, so we were just answering as best we could off the top of our heads. Phil made a mistake, he's human. I think that's what Russ meant when he said words are words, meaning that they can easily be misspoken and/or misunderstood, not that they are unimportant. But I think most of you already knew that.

Is this a paid advertisement for PGI? Just asking because, well, they do pay you, and it's usually a good idea not to bite the hand that feeds you, right?

I get how Paul could accidentally say something like he said and unexpectedly cause a ruckus in the forums, really I do.
I honestly believe the answers we got as well.

Not impressed by the attitude though. Surely PGI can handle a little rudeness and misinformation can't they? I mean, it's sort of their bread and butter when communicating to the community.

I believe it qualifies as rude to ignore requests for information, tell the community that their ideas are not welcome, and not bothering to reply to questions about long standing issues, not to mention the odd bit of misinformation PGI has dished out over the years.

Classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Russ like all of us is Human, just check his personal Twitter, hes also a die hard Sports fan,
i dont think he ment any Insult with his words, as that wasn't why he said what he said,

but its up to how you feel he ment it, you can take it as him saying what he said maliciously,
or you can believe that he cares about MWO and cares enough to set the record Straight,

anyone can be emotional at times, everyone can say things they dont mean,
when misunderstandings happen, we can assume the Worse of people, or we can remember they are human,

Edit-
remember he thought this was important enough to comment personally,
that has to count for something, and im glad he did to set the record Straight,

Would it be too much to respectfully ask the Mods to make an effort to use proper spelling and punctuation? Caps at the start of a sentence, apostrophes, spell checks, and stuff like that? Small details can make or break a post or explanation.
You know, sorta like what Paul did that set off this "wit-storm"

#136 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:17 AM

Heh, I have a friend who likes his 4 ERSL x 4 SRM6 Ketchup Packet.

That's 3x Spls/4x ASRM6 Snake :Y

#137 MoJomo

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:23 AM

theres plenty of tier 1 full bar brawlers out there (since two weeks ago). people who have actual skills don't need to be meta ****** to be get the job done, or maybe 100kph+ 72+ alphas is the new meta. pay attention to the parts where the linebackers charged in with no fear and left the ballistics/ppcs at home. (some 70$ mechpacks may be required)

#138 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:39 AM

[michael jackson popcorn pic]

IMO it's perfectly OK that the CEO doesn't sit on the forums talking with the playerbase. I have never seen a CEO of any sized company who isn't incredibly busy. That Russ is so active on Twitter is a very nice thing, however much some people like to disparage that platform.

I'm a little more mystified by how little OTHER PGI folks come to the forums though. My armchair psychologist view would be that it's just not a rewarding thing to do, when the game development is arguably lagging on many fronts apart from 'mech packs, and there's little exciting news to offer. So you just tend to go to fortress mode.

Edited by jss78, 25 November 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#139 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:41 AM

Says alot the game makers actually showed up from yet another "Misplacement of words"

Hah.

#140 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

View PostMoJomo, on 25 November 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

*snip*

Oh shi-! There's Mojo too! D:

I agree with what Mojo said (ofc this applies mostly to the group queue since almost everybody tends to run range in QP nowadays).

Btw talking about the main topic of this thread: as TLBFestus already said above it was already known among most of the old timers that NGNG were paid by PGI.

Also, LOL at the damage control attempts. :Y

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users