87 replies to this topic

#81 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostIllMentalState, on 19 December 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

$200 USD for a 3d printed statue? I was really excited for these but that is horrendously over priced.

View PostBombast, on 19 December 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

That's pretty standard pricing for statues, probably towards the cheaper side of the equation. The cost is mostly in man hours painting.

If you think that's bad... oh boy. Should see how much the super high end DC/Marvel/Movie licensed statues go for. There's one company I check out from time to time to torture myself to sells those bad boys for 500 bucks, at the least, and up to a 2 grand for the more intricate stuff.

View PostIllMentalState, on 19 December 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

If that's the case they would have more luck selling them unpainted. That's over $260 Canadian. People complain about mech pack prices as it is.

Don't forget the timing as I already pointed out. Most peoples cash reserves at this point would probably be tapped out after both Black Friday and Christmas shopping.

Really bad timing on their part. Should have waited for the New Year.

#82 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostIllMentalState, on 19 December 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

If that's the case they would have more luck selling them unpainted. That's over $260 Canadian. People complain about mech pack prices as it is.

A certain subset would probably like that, but people like me, who either lack the tools and artistic talent to paint (Me), or the physical ability (I've taken one too many head hits and my hands aren't stable enough to paint even if I had an eye for it) would be automatically excluded from purchasing.

Guess it just comes down to which crowd one thinks is bigger, the one with disposable income or the ones with a painting desk.

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 December 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

Really bad timing on their part. Should have waited for the New Year.

This first wave of products lasts until mid January, and later waves are incoming. While this first batch may suffer, I think everything is going to go just fine over all.

Edited by Bombast, 19 December 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#83 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

The amount of time on that Atlas is what you are paying for, Hand painted even if it takes 3 hours is hand painted...

gonna be $100 bucks alone and thats if you stiff the painter!

Also im sure that thing takes a long time to print, its no so much the materials really but the time. Hand made, hand painted means lots of time and money. And i know they arent truly hand made, 3d printed parts that are more then likely put together and not by someone from a 3rd world country i would imagine or it would be much cheaper.

and yea, id love to buy the clan banner pack for the office but i simply cant justify spending $85 on myself around the holidays.

#84 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

I had a feeling these models would be out of my price league.. :(

I wonder if they are all going to be that much, or if some might be lower.. Maybe if i save i can get one very special mech....

#85 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostCathy, on 19 December 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I was thinking of a hoodie but that became a no thanks when I saw it has MWO on the sleeve, I was hoping for HBS logo items, more than anything else.

Once I realised the money isn't going solely to H.B.S I lost all interest

Must be a big conundrum seeing HBS is working with PGI to actually make the game.. with out them, there would be no BT... But what ever floats your boat...

A hooded t-****? i stopped wearing them in 7th grade... Now, if they would only make a normal T.. i'd be in

#86 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, I'll pass on the merchandise. Way out of my price range. It probably would have been a better move if they kept the atlas unpainted for about half the price. I have a feeling that most of this merch is going to scare off potential customers with the prices that they are asking (let alone trying to please a very niche customer fan base).

#87 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

Even without the holidays, I don't see 1000 Atlas statues being sold, and that does not bode well for a hopeful future Timber Wolf.

#88 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 19 December 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

A hooded t-****? i stopped wearing them in 7th grade... Now, if they would only make a normal T.. i'd be in

I suspect the T-Shirt hoody was chosen because it works well well the Kickstarter Battletech jacket that is heavy as hell, but lacks a hood. I'm tempted, but I have some pretty nice super heavy Army coats, so I doubt I'd use the combo even if I had it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users