Feminine Mech Designs? Do They Exist In Battletech?

165 replies to this topic

#21 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

View Postjjm1, on 02 December 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

Any imagined challenge to their also imagined alpha man status is bad. Not just diversity.

There is nothing wrong with diversity but when you start applying it video game robot design, its a little over the top.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostMole, on 02 December 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hold on. Is that supposed to be the pilot standing next to that protomech? I thought in lore clan protomech pilots were permanently entombed in their protomechs and hooked up to control the protomech with their nervous system. Unless I'm mistaken a protomech pilot cannot leave their protomech.

Clan protomech pilots can leave their mechs just fine. The pilot entombed versions are that of Word of Blake protomechs, since they lacked the necessary technology to duplicate Clan ones.

Clans OP. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 02 December 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#23 Single Mom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 02 December 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

Hello all,
I am not really very familiar with the Battltech universe but I was looking through all of the mechs the other day in game and unless I am blind I noticed that every single mech appears to have a masculine frame.

By that I mean mechs have bulky arms and chests, overall proportions and designs that appear much more like a "guy" than a girl. Some way more tough guy looking than others.

I was curious, is there space in the game for feminine looking mechs?

If anyone has played warframe for instance, that is a good idea of the kind of thing I mean, having both masculine and feminine frame designs.

What do you mean? Have you not seen the stormcrow? Is that not feminine enough for you? Please consider the gender identify preference of imaginary giant robots before labeling them as masculine or feminine.

Does this grid iron not look feminine to you??

Posted Image

Edited by Single Mom, 02 December 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#24 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 December 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Clan protomech pilots can leave their mechs just fine. The pilot entombed versions are that of Word of Blake protomechs, since they lacked the necessary technology to duplicate Clan ones.

Oh, okay. My mistake then.

#25 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

View PostImperial X, on 02 December 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

There is nothing wrong with diversity but when you start applying it video game robot design, its a little over the top.

That's not what anyone in this quote chain is commenting on.

This forum defaulting to only quoting the person you're directly quoting is ********.

#26 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

Paint it Pink so it's suddenly more feminine Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 02 December 2016 - 06:32 AM, said:

so a Mech for "Eulenschießen"
Posted Image

Gaa!

Whatever you say nurse Ratched! Whatever you say! Of course I'll take my pills. Please, just point those things at someone else. Please!

#28 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

Oh boy, this thread doesn't look like it is going anywhere good, but Inhad a couple thoughts so I know you all want to hear them.

First, it seems like it would be very difficult to create "feminine" mechs without falling back on stereotypical female figures (hour glass silhouette, slender, long legs, maybe pink accents and such).

Second, regarding diversity: given that lighter skin and hair tones are genetically recessive and (for the most part) the removal of social mores on interracial marriage and procreation. It is very likely that 1,000 years in the future that it would be relatively rare to find people that look Caucasian (they are in fact a minority in the world right now).

#29 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:05 AM

Hello all,
I am not really very familiar with the Battltech universe but I was looking through all of the mechs the other day in game and unless I am blind I noticed that every single mech appears to have a masculine frame.

By that I mean mechs have bulky arms and chests, overall proportions and designs that appear much more like a "guy" than a girl. Some way more tough guy looking than others.

Here it comes:

Eyleuka

Posted Image

#30 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostBombast, on 02 December 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

That's not what anyone in this quote chain is commenting on.

This forum defaulting to only quoting the person you're directly quoting is ********.

Apologies for misinterpreting the statement. Your right, my fault for not reading beyond his actual post.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 02 December 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Oh boy, this thread doesn't look like it is going anywhere good, but Inhad a couple thoughts so I know you all want to hear them.

First, it seems like it would be very difficult to create "feminine" mechs without falling back on stereotypical female figures (hour glass silhouette, slender, long legs, maybe pink accents and such).

Second, regarding diversity: given that lighter skin and hair tones are genetically recessive and (for the most part) the removal of social mores on interracial marriage and procreation. It is very likely that 1,000 years in the future that it would be relatively rare to find people that look Caucasian (they are in fact a minority in the world right now).

Screw you and your kumbia we are all one nonsense. This game is a full of bias and stereotypes and always will be...even in a 1000 years! Look no further than my "Viking" horn badge, the over representation of christian iconography and mythology on the undertaker badge, the crusader camo pattern and the horridly offensive Firebrand! Speaking of mechs; I demand equal representation of implied hair styles! If a Centurion gets a mo-hawk, and an Atlas is bald as Kojak, I want a giant afro for my Quickdraws (especially if we don't get cowboy hats). Rise up! Demand equal treatment for all the suppressed stompy robot issues of the day!

#32 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:19 AM

I do have a leopard print camo TBR, does that count ?

#33 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostImperial X, on 02 December 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

Apologies for misinterpreting the statement. Your right, my fault for not reading beyond his actual post.

It's not your fault. It's often hard to track sub-conversations on forums, doubly so for one like this that doesn't allow for avatars. Context is easily lost.

#34 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

Technically, shouldn't the Banshee have a more feminine design given its name, or do I trigger a micro-aggression in the mech by assuming its gender?

#35 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:28 AM

View Postcazidin, on 02 December 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

Technically, shouldn't the Banshee have a more feminine design given its name, or do I trigger a micro-aggression in the mech by assuming its gender?

Well.. it does kind of have breasts, as lopsided and oddly shapped as they may be.

Posted Image

#36 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

Wait a minute... doesn't *****ing Betty make all battlemechs female?

#37 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Hello all,

If anyone has played warframe for instance, that is a good idea of the kind of thing I mean, having both masculine and feminine frame designs.

Well we have already a femine mech... night gyr look like metroid main character, who is a woman.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 December 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Well we have already a femine mech... night gyr look like metroid main character, who is a woman.

Posted Image

#39 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hello all,

What? No. It's a giant war machine there is no male or female version of machines of destruction. That said, lots of bad *** female pilots in the universe.

#40 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostKonrad, on 02 December 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

That said, lots of bad *** female pilots in the universe.

The most badass mechwarrior of all time, only rivaled by maybe one or two guys, and the only one of those that may have been better was a Jedi.

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 02 December 2016 - 07:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users