Urbie Builds

51 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image

I love Urbie! That is all.

These are my builds, i hope that it be of use.

UM-R63 DAKKA - (UAC5 [75] + 3x ERML, XL170)
K-9 Dakka - (UAC5 [75] + 3x ERML)

A standard Urbanmech build, it can shoot quite fast. XL170 is used instead of XL180 as i found it to be more feasible than the XL180 as the speed drop isn't that significant, that extra 0.5t after an extra heatsink is quite useful. You can forgo the 1/2-ton UAC5 ammo if you don't feel like dropping a few KPH. Considering the K9 loadout, and the weapon-specific quirks it would get, it could be the best platform to Dakka.

If you feel you can go slower, the XL145 offers 84.2 KPH with speed tweak, it will allow you to get more tonnage for more ammo/laser. This build makes lasers and acs both as primary weapons and would yield better results if you would always use both if you can.

Once you get the magazine quirks, you can just opt for 2.5t ammo for 90 shots anyways.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R60L RAC2 Dakka - 4x ERML + RAC2 [600]
UM-R63 RAC5 Dakka - RAC5 [450] + 2x ERML

Relatively formidable, its the most fun dakka setup for the Urbanmech, however how the RAC is currently implemented in MWO, it's kind of bad due to reasons, but make no mistake this is how you do it.

Being a fun build doesn't mean you're going to build it trollishly -- with just RAC and a bunch of ammo. Put Lasers there, sure as hell you need to piggyback at it for success. But mind it well enough, because the RAC5 is rather hot already, likewise the ER-ML is also hot that a few bursts of lasers rob you of your RAC volleys.

Skills:
Spoiler

UM ERLL Sniper - (2x ERLL + 2x MG + AMS, XL180)

A standard energy build, compared to the AC10 it doesn't run out of ammo, though it is quite hot. Replace the ERLL for LLs to your convenience if you prefer heat efficiency over range. The AMS is meant to be used with Overload, and to add to the AMS of your team. You can also use the R60 variant, even use LL + 4x MGs with XL170, forgoing the extra range with extra close-range DPS if you like.

Skills
Spoiler

Spoiler

UM-R60L Laser Vomit - LPL + 3x ERML + 2x LMG [1250]
K-9 Laser Vomit - LPL + 4x ERML + MG [1000]

If you are to build LL and want to stick closer and deal more damage, try LPL + 3x ML. It does a 25-damage alpha versus 18 of the 2x large laser, dealt at a shorter duration too, that is of the same 10 tons. It forgoes the range and takes extra heat for the nearly twice the damage. Being usually close with the team, use AMS to help with the LRMs. You can also remove the AMS and allot the remaining 1.5t as you wish.

With the K9, you can build it with the most alpha. Runs very hot, but it's just right.

Skills
Spoiler

Spoiler

UM-R60 "Protector" - (AC2 [187] + 3x LMG [3750] + 2x ERML + LAMS, XL145)
UM-R60 "Protector" V2 - (LB2X [187] + 3x LMG [3750] + 2x ERML + AMS [2000], XL145

Using the R60's 4 Ballistic-hardpoints, this builds an AC2 + 3x LMG that allows you to rip and shred mechs with naked armor but as opposed of 4x MG, the AC2 with the 3x MG is an unprecedented increase in firepower, as well as in range. You still have 2x ML for poking, use both for effect with great DPS. Usually hanging close with your team, the AMS is there to add to the AMS roster that protects the team, even though it's just 1 it will still be valuable especially when lots of your teammates brought AMS too. You can have consistent 300 damage depending on how much you mastered the art of urbanmeching, as long as you survive long enough to pepper your enemy. Hang with the nearest assault mech, and help him take down, you can get behind the enemy mech when preoccupied with your allied assault, and then you can rip that enemy mech from behind.

You can switch to LB2X for even more crit if you feel like it, however it comes short with crit slots that you need to use SHS, and to make it even more heat efficient you need to drop the LAMS for a regular AMS.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R63 SHOTGUN - (LB10X [50] + 2x ERML, XL170)

A semi-lore build, however it comes with faster engine, and has more ammo. The AC10 just doesn't have that much ammo despite more damage/ton, the -1 ton of the LB10X is quite useful.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R63 Sustainable Lore Build (AC10 [40] + 2x ERML, XL145)

As the title says, this is the Lore-Build -- AC10 + SL, but it has been optimize to remedy much of the issues of the actual Lore build, namely the super-slow-speed and the ammunition issue. The Viable AC10 builds get another ML and arm-shields the LA. The additional ML works, that it does not rely on the AC10 alone.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R63 PPC Sniper - (2x ERPPC, XL180)
UM-R63 PPC Poptart - (2x PPC, XL180)
UM-R60L LPPC Poptart - 3x LPPC + 2x LMG [2500], XL170, 11 DHS, 3x JJ
UM-R60L Snub-Nose PPC - 2x SNPPC + 2x LMG [1250], 11 DHS, XL170
UM-R60L Snub-Nose PPC - 2x SNPPC + 2x HMG [1000], XL145
UM-R63 SNPPC - (2x SNPPC, 2x LMG [1250], XL170, 11 DHS)

A different energy build using a different weapon, the use of PPC and variants provides PPFLD instead of that hit-scan spreadable laser damage. Different PPCs have different niches, such as the ERPPC is for long range -- that's for careful long range shots cause ERPPCs have higher range and higher projectile speed, are hot in general, despite no minimum-range it's not really advisable. Standard and LPPCs are for that normal short-range poptarting combat cause they run waay cooler. And the Snub-Nose build is for extreme short-range PPFLD burst like an AC20 build but unlimited ammo.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R63 GAUSS URBIE - (GR [30], XL145)
UM-R63 GAUSS URBIE - (GR [30], LFE100)
UM-R63 LIGHT GAUSS URBIE - (LGR [40] + 2x ERML, XL145)

Gauss can can be done, armor is shaven off, and unlike the AC20, the Gauss has immense range that you can afford to have low armor because you'd be far away anyways. It uses the XL145, that which results at 78.3 KPH, 84.2 KPH with speed tweak, still you are fast enough to relocate, while you have a bit enough armor thanks to the quirks and 30 shots. Still make every shot count.

It does not use DHS because Gauss is your only weapon, and it's really low heat. With module, you can reach up to 858m Optimal Range for the Gauss, despite the removed 3x range, that is still slightly farther as an ER-PPC with a faster projectile speed.

You can retain armor, and have backup lasers should you choose to use LGR instead. Or if you could go even slower, say down to 64 - 67 KPH or 54 - 58 KPH for more armor, you can. However there is only so much armor can do for you, if you couldn't preposition fast enough anyways.

The thing with this builds is that, you have no other weapons. So you have to compensate with a lot of strikes.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R60L Super Laser Sniper - (3x ER LL)

Like the PPC poptart, the Right Arm is dead sided, and your only weapon is the 3x ER-LL. It runs uber hot, but it does 27 damage per shot. Perfect for very very very long range where you are less likely to take damage, and has enough space to hide and cool down.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R60L Skirmisher - (AC5 + 4x ERML, XL180)

The best builds in Urbanmechs are actually energy weapons, but this is the best compromise of the two. A hit-and-run build that can get cheeky shots afar, though it's ballistic the ac5 piggy-backs on the lasers for success. The AC5 can hit pretty far, and you can hound your enemies at most ranges, it's not as fast as the UAC5 but you'll chew through your ammo reserves slower and you don't jam, used in tandem with the Medium Laser for an alpha of 25, which is just 1 damage short from the Laser Vomit, but the upside is that you can give off a steady rate of 5 PPFL-Damage, over long distance. Why it works better over the Laser Vomit is that even when the alpha is just weaker, you can still keep on shooting that AC5 when you're near overheating, like the thought on the Gauss Vomit.

You can shuffle between XL180 and XL170, the XL170 is usually fast enough to already and another JJ in place, or extra leg armor can be useful.

--

K-9 Skirmisher, 5x ML + AC2 [150] + AMS [2000]

As for the K9, you can adopt more laser for a single AC2. While it's not as powerful as the AC5, it can work as well. LAMS over AMS might be tempting, but 5 ERML goes pretty hot already, you don't need another weapon filling up the heat gauge.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R60L Duelist - (4x MPL + 2x MG, STD180)

Tanky AF, also quite fast too. It capitalizes on urbie's 360-degrees torso-twist, and you can remain useful with one side-torso missing. You can dish out immense damage quickly with your 4x MPL, and the MG arm serves as a shield and can still be useful with just 2 MGs, which was also previously buffed.

-

UM-R60 Duelist - (LPL + ML + 4x MG, STD170)

The R60 version of the Duelist -- it has even MOAR armor, even MOAR tanky AF than the R60L. It's laser damage is severely stunted, dealing less damage at a longer duration than 4x MPL, it has nice range though, runs cooler, and you have 4x MG. It's not something you brawl with, it's for hit-and-run tactic, using your range to your advantage cause you sure as hell don't deal that much damage in an instant.

-

UM-R63 Duelist - (LPL + 2x ML + 3x MG, STD170)

The R63 version of the Duelist -- it's not really that good compared to the other two, that ballistic cooldown isn't as good, nor the extra range you get for the MG. But it has that balance between Laser damage and MGs, and if it makes you feel any better you can sacrifice one arm without that much loss in your damage potential. Shield right, and you can make that torso weapon last for quite a while.

-

K-9 Duelist - 5x MPL + MG [1000]
K-9 Duelist - 3x ML + 2x MPL + MG [1000], 4 DHS

The K9 version has more potent firepower, due to the most energy hardpoint. While the CT energy hardpoint make it so that it can zombie -- that it still has some fight in it even when both side torsi are destroyed. Still goes pretty hot. If you want, you can change it to just simple medium lasers and have moar DHS.

Skills
Spoiler

UM-R63 Maximum Dakka - 2x RAC2 [900] + 2x ERSL, STD60, FFA, SHS
UM-R63 Maximum Dakka - 2x RAC2 [600] + 2x ERSL, LFE100, FFA, SHS
UM-R63 Maximum Dakka Only - 2x RAC2 [600], XL125, DHS

Like the Gauss Urbanmech, this is an obvious troll build. Dialling up the Dakka to eleven, this mounts two RAC2, with two ERSL as backup. Upon an STD60 engine for maximum trolling. Granted the RAC5 would actually par better, but it wouldn't be as funny. The RAC2 actually feels a lot better to dakka, due to it having better velocity, range, and lower spin-up time making it much more reactive. Shame it has anemic damage, requiring two to do something at all.

Skills:
Spoiler

UM-R68 Brawler - 2x SRM6A [200] + 3x ML, LFE170 (Placeholder)

A basic brawler setup for the R68 missile-urbie, it makes use of LFE for survivability. Skill nodes forgo a bit of speed for a bit more armor.

Skills:
Spoiler

MRM Urbie - 2x MRM10 [600] + 3x ERML + AMS [2000], XL170, 11 DHS (Placeholder)

A basic MRM setup for mid-range potential and fire-support, comes with AMS so stick with your team. 20 spread damage isn't that impactful, it's the lasers that's the most useful feature.

Skills:
Spoiler

R68 Rocket Vomit - LPL + 2x ERML + 2x RL20 + AMS [2000], XL170 (Placeholder)

A weaker laser-vomit setup of only 20 per vomit, however unlike the R63, it comes with 2x Rocket Launcher 20s, though one use, that's 80 damage.

Skills:
Spoiler

R68 PPC Rockets - 3x LPPC + 2x RL20 + AMS [2000], XL170 (Placeholder)

A 3x LPPC build for the Urbie, 15 alpha/shot, + 80 of that of the one-use rockets. Unlike the Laser Vomit version, though you do 5 damage less, you don't share down. For peekaboo moments at longer ranges, the PPC build would work best, but incognito pokes where you could safely stare, the Laser Vomit would work better.

Skills:
Spoiler

Build Rationale:

As opposed of XL180, XL170 gives additional 0.5-tons after the needed 4 external heatsinks, useful for heavy builds such as 2x PPCs, or most ballistic builds that would usually require so much ammunition.

Urbies will never be that fast to compete against usual lights like Locust or Jenner, but it's still going to be fast enough for most of Urbie's prey; most mediums, heavy, and assaults.

XL145 and XL125 are the slower engine, and best used only when you speed-tweaked your urbanmechs.

Though speed deprived, but that extra 1.0 to 1.5 tons over the XL180 can be a boon with heavy ballistic weapons.

XL125 and XL100 is literally Troll-Level, but it can be pulled off as XL125 and XL100 have this +0.5 tons "free" that does not follow the trend.

To put that into perspective, the XL145 requires 5 additional heat-sinks, while simmilarly the XL125 which also requires 5 additional heat-sinks is 0.5 tons less. Likewise the XL120 that requires 6 additional heat-sinks, the XL100 has 0.5 tons less, despite requiring the same 6 external heat-sinks.

Although realistically one musn't get XL120 at all, due to the step to XL125 is only 1 ton, and at that rating there's literally a free heat-sink to go with it. Basically XL125 and XL120 would have the simmilar required tonnage after adding the required additional heat-sinks, but the XL125 is faster and would use less slots.

The Light 100 is still tolerable, and would offer the best weight-saving engine. Being the same weight as the XL100, don't bother with the XL version

Head and Back have little armor, because while it's not impossible to head-shot a light, it is extremely unlikely.

Likewise you should always be moving and facing your enemies, as opposed of you being reared by the enemy. You are still pretty F-ing F-ed when against Jenners, and Locust is a damn riot to deal with.

As with the December 14 2016 quirk adjustment, Urbies now have +armor than +structure quirks.

The old amount felt adequate already, so i shaved off armor some armor to make room for more ammunition. Once your armor gets torn off, you're dead either way before so this has a bit more use.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 November 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#2 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Agree with the XL170, every scrap of spare tonnage has to be put to use on ballistic urbanmechs.

You forgot Gauss!
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...985ad15e6e9bbdd[/smurfy]

AC20
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad101b0bd902cd0[/smurfy]
... don't get hit...

Edited by stealthraccoon, 03 December 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 03 December 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

Agree with the XL170, every scrap of spare tonnage has to be put to use on ballistic urbanmechs.

You forgot Gauss!
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...985ad15e6e9bbdd[/smurfy]

AC20
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad101b0bd902cd0[/smurfy]
... don't get hit...

Yeah, i already tried those but i wouldn't again. These are the builds that i found to work with great results, those don't work at all.

Although i did made this: Gauss Urbie

I could squeeze out 3-t gauss ammo for it. What do you really need DHS for the gauss?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 03 December 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#4 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

I tend to go with lower engines(100-125 engines) to keep the slowness thing urbies are known for without being completely left behind. so that ac20 build with SHS, FF and a std 100 lets me get armor up to 125. sure it's slow but it's a 50% armor increase (plus the incoming structure to armor quirks coming up next patch) lets it at least take a couple shots before going down.

I do actually have max engine dual LL urbie but I feel bad everytime I use it :)

#5 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:04 AM

UM-R60L
2xLPL Almost meta Posted Image

Edited by Curccu, 10 December 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#6 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

I loved my urbie while i had it. I mostly did a UAC5 with some lasers. seemed to work great.

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostCurccu, on 10 December 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

UM-R60L
2xLPL Almost meta Posted Image

Oh please, go with 3x ML = LPL, has less tonnage and 26 point alpha at 10 tons vs the 22 point alpha of the 2x LPL at 14 tons.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 December 2016 - 01:22 AM.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 December 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

Oh please, go with 3x ML = LPL, has less tonnage and 26 point alpha at 10 tons vs the 22 point alpha of the 2x LPL at 14 tons.

Thanks for the advice but no thanks.
I'll keep my range and shorter burn time.

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostCurccu, on 13 December 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice but no thanks.
I'll keep my range and shorter burn time.

Same burn time. And urbies are best used for flanking, that means you should have plenty of time to get close.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 December 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#10 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 December 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

Same burn time. And urbies are best used for flanking, that means you should have plenty of time to get close.

0,67 != 0,9

#11 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

Urbies are legit, ive got mine set up with 2 erll and i think 4 jj's, its fun, im goin to put the 4 machine guns back on it though. Its just too much fun runnin around in a trashcan :P

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostCurccu, on 13 December 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

0,67 != 0,9

Oh, my bad. Still they work better.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 December 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#13 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Nothing says good times like a fist-full of MG's! Brawl baby, brawl!

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f67f13f29bd0dc6[/smurfy]

#14 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:42 AM

Better than MAD IIC.

Well may be not that much, but certainly an over quirked dangerous ####rd.

#15 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

Holy cow, UM-R60 has as much armor as a mech 20 tons heavier - 96 points of armor! Heck, that is as much as I wear when I'm rocking the AC20/Gauss builds.
Time to break out some STD engine builds just to be an unbreakable little nut! Halfway through a match today, i took a dual Gauss to the CT and was still ticking along with points to spare.
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...06639cef07d46d5[/smurfy]

Edited by stealthraccoon, 14 December 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#16 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Completely viable AC20 Urbie - [smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bfec4cf3631d89d[/smurfy]

With jj and mlas backup!

#17 Trez91

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9e0b8b8430d35d8

surprisingly effective Urbie

#18 Rug Sandugo

Rookie

• Gunsho-ni
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

A proud urbanmech pilot too. Mine is UM-R60 with 2 AC + 1 SL and 1 ML. Gettin some kills and sometimes gettin hit and runs which makes me lol for so many times. Iam really enjoyin this mech

#19 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

UM-R60 - UAC5 + 2ML
UM-R60L - LBX10 or 2AC2s + 1ML
UM-R63 - PPC + 2MGs (Heresy, I know)

All of them run a STD engines and single sinks because, Urbie!

Edited by VonBruinwald, 21 January 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#20 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

I'm with stealthraccoon, my grand Lordtrashmaster wrecks components with 2x mpl and 4x mg. Running a std engine, you can put assaults to shame in taking damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users