Urbie Builds

51 replies to this topic

#21 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 January 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

UM-R60 - UAC5 + 2ML
UM-R60L - LBX10 or 2AC2s + 1ML
UM-R63 - PPC + 2MGs (Heresy, I know)

All of them run a STD engines and single sinks because, Urbie!

View PostYumoshiri, on 25 January 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm with stealthraccoon, my grand Lordtrashmaster wrecks components with 2x mpl and 4x mg. Running a std engine, you can put assaults to shame in taking damage.

I've yet to do STD-engine builds. Tanky AF i bet, but the damage department might be stunted.

I wouldn't go with the STD R60 -- so what if it's tanky, the R60L can put out 4x MLP quickly, and use the 2x MG arm for shielding. I'm just saying that i don't think i should be capitalizing on the 4x MG of the R60L and 2x MPL) cause it's not really that powerful enough to strip armor quickly, and with the 4x MG being the power-house it's easily destroyed by being damage magnet. At best i could outlast most lights due to R60's immense armor, but that just means i can't put out so much damage to put enemies down faster that i'm most likely be the janitor when the games are nearing the end should i still have that MG intact and have enough ammo.

Using R60, i'd go with LPL + ML for a laser-vomit and 16 damage vs 12 damage, and capitalize on the range. Or i could go R63 and do LPL + 2x ML for 21 damage, and still have 3 MG.

View PostBrizna, on 14 December 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

Better than MAD IIC.

Well may be not that much, but certainly an over quirked dangerous ####rd.

Oh yeah, where's your JJ?

You can use XL170 -- it's still kind of fast, and you'll have additional tonnage for JJ so you can navigate better. You can also strip that much head-armor cause seriously you're extremely unlikely to get shot on the head cause you're a small and quick bugger, and some leg armor. Likewise put the heatsinks on the LA to make it less likey your lasers be critted out.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 31 January 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#22 Felz

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:14 AM

Had some fun in the UM-60 fielding xl180 engine, uac5, 3mgs and 2 mlasers.

Only had one run in this thing yesterday, but I made a short clip for youtube:

#23 UrbyPilot21

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

When I get enough cash, I'm making this.

UM-R60L

#24 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

View PostUrbyPilot21, on 17 February 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

When I get enough cash, I'm making this.

UM-R60L

*glare

Right well, you should go get endo steel and double heat-sinks, then try this instead: UM-R60L - STD170, ERPPC + 2x ML + AMS

It's faster while still being STD engine, also has more armor allotted -- cause seriously don't take armor from the only limbs you have damaging weapons at.

#25 UrbyPilot21

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

I''m still waiting for the Urbanmech IIC, being a Clanner and all. :D

So I'm running around in this little contraption (although I'm not quite sure where smurfy is getting it different, as I can still fit a standard heat sink on each leg).

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 February 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

*glare

Right well, you should go get endo steel and double heat-sinks, then try this instead: UM-R60L - STD170, ERPPC + 2x ML + AMS

It's faster while still being STD engine, also has more armor allotted -- cause seriously don't take armor from the only limbs you have damaging weapons at.

Noted. Why didn't I think of that.

#26 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 January 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

UM-R60 - UAC5 + 2ML
UM-R60L - LBX10 or 2AC2s + 1ML
UM-R63 - PPC + 2MGs (Heresy, I know)

All of them run a STD engines and single sinks because, Urbie!

Just finished mastering the last of them... now I'm holding out for a hero.

#27 Steiner Scout Lance

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

Just bought my first mech the other day, a UM-R60 because I am apparently terrible and want to start off with a terrible mech.

Would really prefer to go with a STD engine setup, but I can't see a way to get decent speed out of a STD engine while also carrying any sort of ballistic (and if it's an UrbanMech it'd feel wrong to just make it a generic laser boat IMO). What I think I am going to try is this setup: UAC5, 2xSPL, 4xJJ and a 170XL. Nearly max armor, almost 100kph once you've got speed tweak, but I'm worried about the two tons of UAC ammo.

I probably shouldn't be, I'd bet I won't often live long enough to use it all...

#28 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostSteiner Scout Lance, on 28 February 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Just bought my first mech the other day, a UM-R60 because I am apparently terrible and want to start off with a terrible mech.

Would really prefer to go with a STD engine setup, but I can't see a way to get decent speed out of a STD engine while also carrying any sort of ballistic (and if it's an UrbanMech it'd feel wrong to just make it a generic laser boat IMO). What I think I am going to try is this setup: UAC5, 2xSPL, 4xJJ and a 170XL. Nearly max armor, almost 100kph once you've got speed tweak, but I'm worried about the two tons of UAC ammo.

I probably shouldn't be, I'd bet I won't often live long enough to use it all...

could probably drop a couple JJs if you want for another ton of ammo. I usually only use 1 on mine and seems to be good enough most of the time. as far as stds. I think a 125 was about the biggest I could and still fit an AC5 , a couple tons of ammo and some backup lasers. but that only got to about 69kph after the initial speed tweak nerf (was 71-72kph before that). 62-63kph I think without it.

I actually use std 100s in a few of mine but i'm of the "slow urbie" school. at least fast enough to stay with the assaults. I do have one max engine laser heavy urbie but it feels wrong when I play it :)

#29 Steiner Scout Lance

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostTanar, on 28 February 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I actually use std 100s in a few of mine but i'm of the "slow urbie" school. at least fast enough to stay with the assaults. I do have one max engine laser heavy urbie but it feels wrong when I play it Posted Image

Yeah, I think I'm strange in that looking at builds in MWO I feel like I'm seeing some crazy speed inflation. Awesomes shouldn't be doing 80+ kph, Locusts are fast but not 160kph+ fast, etc etc.

Here's an attempt at a STD-engine UM-R60 - AC5, 2xML, keeps the JJs and near-max armor with a 120STD engine giving it a typical heavy's speed profile (64kph before speed tweak).

Is it true that torso yaw/pitch speed is a function of engine size?

#30 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

View PostSteiner Scout Lance, on 28 February 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yeah, I think I'm strange in that looking at builds in MWO I feel like I'm seeing some crazy speed inflation. Awesomes shouldn't be doing 80+ kph, Locusts are fast but not 160kph+ fast, etc etc.

Here's an attempt at a STD-engine UM-R60 - AC5, 2xML, keeps the JJs and near-max armor with a 120STD engine giving it a typical heavy's speed profile (64kph before speed tweak).

that's pretty close to one of my builds. I just stick with the 1 JJ though and go with dhs on mine and max armor. I forget if it has a std 120 or 125 though. may have ams on it in place of the extra 3 JJs- cause it sure ain;t gonna outrun any missiles at it's speed :)

#31 HIGH LORD KIT FAWKS THE WATCHFUL

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

HO THERE NEWFOUND BROTHERS IN ARMS.

I AM THE GODKING URBIE,

LORD OF MECHS!

I APPLAUDE YOUR CHOICE TO BEAR ARMS AGAINST THE DEMON APOSTLES OF THE BEAM WITH OUR DIVINE CHASSIS.

GO FORTH, AND CRY THE HOLY CHORUS OF OUR DIVINE BALLISTIC.

BLESSED BE HIS HOLY PROJECTILE!

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4fde5ac92972820[/smurfy]

#32 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

Yes.

For now--might be changing in the next 3 months or so.

#33 UrbyPilot21

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostTanar, on 28 February 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I actually use std 100s in a few of mine but i'm of the "slow urbie" school. at least fast enough to stay with the assaults. I do have one max engine laser heavy urbie but it feels wrong when I play it Posted Image

Ouch! My Lil Urbie actually makes 97.2Posted Image

Edited by UrbyPilot21, 02 March 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#34 Steiner Scout Lance

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostTHE GOD KING URBIE LORD OF MECHS, on 28 February 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

BLESSED BE HIS HOLY PROJECTILE!

I bring this humble offering of a Holy Projectile build:

LB10-X, 2xSL, 180XL UM-R60

I hope small lasers aren't heretical. After all, every urbanmech is brought into this world with one.

#35 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

You don't need that much Jump jets on the urbanmech -- it's not like it's a poptarting build, likewise ditch the SPLs, urbie is not something you should be knife-fighting with. Also DHS is a ******* must when you have laser weapons.

Use this: UM-R60, 2JJ, XL170 + UAC5 [90] + 2x ML

Sad and heretical it is, Urbie is most well performing with energy weapons than ballistic ones so the best course of action is to piggy back on the lasers. You need ML at least, that is 10 damage within 270m, you must strive to use the two at the same time. With the modified build above, you have better heat management, and more UAC5 ammo.

The R60 also has a lot of armor quirks, so it's fine to shave some leg armor.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 02 March 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#36 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

As much as I believe in AC10, I've been forcing myself to use AC5, and I plan on equipping my Deputy Dawg with 5small lasers and AC5.

#37 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 03 March 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

As much as I believe in AC10, I've been forcing myself to use AC5, and I plan on equipping my Deputy Dawg with 5small lasers and AC5.

Considering that it's stock loadout is UAC5, i think it has UAC jam-chance reduction, and it'd be a waste to not use them.

Likewise, generally energy builds are a lot more successful than ballistic ones, so the best course of action is to piggy back on energy weapons' success, unfortunately SLs are not that successful. You need to be able to also laser your enemy if you are to deal good damage over a match, and SLs have so little range mismatched with AC5 and UAC5s -- obviously they are a backup in this case for dire-situations, but those situations must be something you are actively avoiding in the first place. You could just go to 3 MLs, and it will allow you to at least have decent 15 damage at 270m to 324m with max bonuses.

AC5 [60] + 3x ML, XL170, 2JJ

tl;dr - SL sucks, just use 2-3 ML, those 2.5t and 5 slots ain't worth the small lasers.

#38 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

UAC jam reduction would be awesome. I currently run one of my two R63s with a UAC5 and it's my favorite Urb, if not my best peforming. If K9 gets a jam reduction then I'd strongly consider dropping to XL125 from 170 to run UAC5+5ML. Otherwise, it will probably be 5xML+AC2 or AC5. I will seriously consider grabbing a second K9 if for no other reason than I have a duplicate of every other Urbie and it only seems right.

Yeesh, how have I not posted in this thread?

UM-R60 "CanCannon"- Super-stock Urbie. AC10+2t ammo, SL. Surprisingly, it works quite well. Peek and punch is a good strategy for ballistic lights. I have, weirdly, gotten as many kills with that stupid SL as I have with the AC10.

UM-R60 "Can It"- 2xERLL, 4xMG. Booooring. Considering rebuilding it as a Gauss Urb.

UM-R60L "Boomcan"- AC20 Urbie. Screw practicality. Fun, but bad. BoomBird Raven eclipses AC20 Urb.

UM-R60L "Mo'Can"- AC5+2t, 4xML. Pretty damned decent.

UM-R63 "Can Opener"- LPL, 2xMPL, 3xMG+0.5t. My most successful Urbie, but not my favorite. Much better since the MG buffs.

UM-R63(S) "Can-Do"- UAC5+2t, 3xML. My favorite. Very useful, but less so since the UAC nerfs (has suffered greatly, and I am sad). I feckin' love the (S) geo and skin.

Theorycraft 1 for K9- UAC5+2t, 5xML (assume the Gauss ammo slots are MLs).

Theorycraft 2 for K9- AC5+2t, 5xML

Theorycraft 3 for K9- AC2+2t, 5xML, 4xJJ

Booooooring K9 Theorycraft 4- LPL+4xMPL. Assume the two spare tons are 2xMPL in CT. Likely the most powerful potential build, but hardly the most interesting.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 04 March 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#39 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

I took my R63(S) out recently, and scored terribly in it.

10 battles, 3 wins, 6 losses (1 draw), 4 kills, 8 deaths, 322 damage/battle.

Mostly ran it with twin ER Large or twin PPC builds, and found the twin ER Large to be most successful (which wasn't very successful at all). Tried UAC5 + twin Medium Lasers once, found it to be even worse.

Overall, I rate the mech as easily one of the worst in the game. If I want to play a slow light, I'd rather use a Kit Fox or Adder, which I can actually score reasonable well with.

Edited by Zergling, 06 March 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#40 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostZergling, on 06 March 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

I took my R63(S) out recently, and scored terribly in it.

10 battles, 3 wins, 6 losses (1 draw), 4 kills, 8 deaths, 322 damage/battle.

Mostly ran it with twin ER Large or twin PPC builds, and found the twin ER Large to be most successful (which wasn't very successful at all). Tried UAC5 + twin Medium Lasers once, found it to be even worse.

Overall, I rate the mech as easily one of the worst in the game. If I want to play a slow light, I'd rather use a Kit Fox or Adder, which I can actually score reasonable well with.

Its all about the play and having fun. Besides 2 ppc and 2 ERLL is trash in my opinion, too hot to make it worth while to use

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users