Clans already did. Posted Image

#223 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostMGA121285, on 16 December 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

Looks like our dear devs learn nothing. Single really unique feature - RGH-1A(S). Other parts of package - usual trash. But. To get S You need to pay 20$. So its 40$ for 1 unique mech. Lol, my month house rent payment (52m2, Moscow) is like 80$. So 40$ for ONE mech + some trash - no, thanks. 25, ok, even 30 - I'm in, other way - keep it for yourself, please.

P.S. I've told - change politics - make ANY package contain unique feature - standard pack - coming one month before all others, hero - unique pattern, available only for pre-ordered mechs etc. But now, when there is only one unique thing in whole pack - (S) variant....good luck with selling those.

Try paying house rent in Europe and count yourself lucky as my house mortgage is apparently sixteen times your rent ... you must have an incredible amount of free money to spend. ;)

#224 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

View PostAramuside, on 24 December 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Try paying house rent in Europe and count yourself lucky as my house mortgage is apparently sixteen times your rent ... you must have an incredible amount of free money to spend. ;)

Seriously, can i telecommute from russia? I will pay $60/month of your $80 rent to get out of my $1400/mo mortgage on a 900sqft house...

#225 Raby760

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 December 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a bit late for that.

WTF are you talking about? No, Clan didn't.

#226 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

View PostRaby760, on 26 December 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

WTF are you talking about? No, Clan didn't.

#227 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

It would be bad to sell and will not bring the real impact PGI. And the error here is only in the choice of mech size. We already have many excellent 65 tons and another to anybody especially did not need. I myself and many experienced players would be happy to have bought it if it was 75-85 tons.

But not 65.

#228 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 December 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a bit late for that.

Tabletop's Summarized Clan weaponry, sure I could believe that. Though with almost all the rules that do exist, Clans aren't 'that' special provided people don't min/max the living **** out of things with the "make your own 'Mech" rules as opposed to customization rules.

It's when games take tabletop's summarized damage to heat to time classifications and conveniently forget the 'time' factor, giving us weapons that fire up to 19x their tabletop counterparts in under 10 seconds with their own made up firing rates without thinking of what happens when those weapons are combined en masse, and allowing us to have the thermal capacity to fire them in bulk but not the cooling speed to encourage us to fire them rapidly but not all at once...
...it's when we get scenarios like that which ruin it all.

That said... Fighting Clan tech with basic battletech rules is kind of an exercise in futility. So fighting clan tech without tacops, stratops and maxtech rules is kinda bleh. Without 'em the best way to win against clan tech seems to be get close and smash them with your feet.
Actually the biggest rule that makes a real difference is "Heatsink taxing". That one rule is probably the most dramatic game changer. If you haven't tried heatsink taxing, give it a shot. Nothing ruins a Clanner's day like melting his heatsinks for firing too much and once he gets a single engine crit... Clan tech becomes a ticking time bomb of systematically melting heatsinks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users