4 replies to this topic

#1 A W 0 L

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

I wasn't following the Mechcon presentation and no time to do - I rather play.
But I have 2 questions regarding the skill tree
1) any indication if the skill tree be different for each variant or individual mech (I.e. If I have 2 Lct-1e will they share or can I skill them differently)?
2) will there still be individual xp & gxp

#2 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

Not trying to be snide, but there is a plethora of posts talking about the skill tree and a video that shows the same presentation shown at mechcon.

From the video, yes, each variant has its own tree and yes GXP and XP still exist.

Now the questions that remain unanswered:

1) Will the SP cost remain at 10000 XP for 1 SP?
2) Will future XP and GXP earnings be buffed to account for the exponential grind increase?
3) Will GXP spent to unlock a mech skill return to you as GXP or as variant specific XP?
4) What will the cost be to "undo" unlocked skills and try another path?
5) Will terrible mechs have increased SP cap limits, or at least a higher potential for unlocked quirks?
6) Will the MWO community lose its mind with speculative ramblings and fruitless arguements?

The last one is a gimme, but we all certainly have questions.

I am interested/excited and severely apprehensive about the change. It makes sense from PGI's perspective IMO. Now we can keep people engaged in a game that hasn't really evolved or added good content (sans a couple maps and a forced skirmish game mode). It also serves to quiet the "_______ is OP!" crowd, as you won't know what modifications or skills have been unlocked on an opposing mech, so it makes it hard to gripe about it.

#3 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostExplicitContent, on 05 December 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

It also serves to quiet the "_______ is OP!" crowd, as you won't know what modifications or skills have been unlocked on an opposing mech, so it makes it hard to gripe about it.

No, no it wont. If any thing it will laser focus the meta around mechs with high mounts and optimal tree choices that everyone will use. Expect to hear ALOT of "High mount mech is OP!" or "Skill node is OP!" threads

#4 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostFirestormClone218, on 05 December 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

No, no it wont. If any thing it will laser focus the meta around mechs with high mounts and optimal tree choices that everyone will use. Expect to hear ALOT of "High mount mech is OP!" or "Skill node is OP!" threads

Good point, but I think this at least results in a direct effect or their game as well. If they clammor for PGI to nerf a skill node, that effects all mechs. I am sure it won't end that crowd in its entirety

#5 Geist310

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

TO
[color=#B27204]ExplicitContent[/color]

on number 6).

the Answer is yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users