To Mickey Mouse Or Not To Mickey Moues...

22 replies to this topic

#21 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 08 December 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

No, he's proposing that it has its own health pool, where it will get blown off if it takes enough damage itself. Completely separate from the STs. That way, if someone is shooting the crap out of your ears, your ST literally doesn't take any damage. But if someone is shooting your STs, the ears don't take any damage from that, but (probably) will be destroyed if the ST is destroyed. Get what I mean? It makes no sense for an LRM rack completely disjointed from your engine to rip off your arm and half your engine when the box gets shot to hell.

he is complaining that what I say is giving the timber an unfair advantage... which is wrong.
Then he proposes something that is 2 times more advantageous that what I suggested.

#22 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 08 December 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

he is complaining that what I say is giving the timber an unfair advantage... which is wrong.
Then he proposes something that is 2 times more advantageous that what I suggested.

For the Timber, your idea wouldn't be as much of an advantage as his is. But for the Ebon Jaguar? Your idea would make that thing even more of a god at poking, while his would help make it more of a trade-off, where all your weapons can get blown off from poking, but not rip your torso out.

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

those high ballistic points are nice but they stick out like a sore thumb. many times ive seen those telltale ebj pods and blasted them off without the pilot of the mech even knowing i was just over the hill. but if you are running a ballistic though that high torso pod is really the best pod you can use. the arms arent so low on the thing that its a problem, but the width of the mech makes em tricky in tight formations.

i kind of think that the height of the hardpoints is less useful than proximity to the cockpit, the ones above eye level are always going to be better than the ones that are below it, but even a high point on say a jager, its way up there and out to the side. so if you need to do a trick shot, like shooting through holes in geometry, mounts closer to the cockpit are preferable. i ran a dual ppc ebj, using the two lower points on either side of the cockpit, and those guns almost never clip on geometry. if you can see it you can hit it. it also keeps your profile close to the ground, so cover is much easier to find (i call it the adder effect).

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users