Clan And I.s. Merceniers Contracts Limitations!

Gameplay General BattleMechs

32 replies to this topic

#21 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostBumbleBee, on 09 December 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

No the Clans did not use Mercs, in fact Mercs are seen as the worst form of scum, and are usually not given any form of honour or respect on the battlefield.

The closest you will find is the Dark Caste, which are basically pirate groups consisting of disgraced former Clansmen, and they were hunted, definitely not hired (at least not by the Warrior Caste)

The IS cant really use Clan Mechs at this point in the timeline anyway as they cant repair them. There are no spare parts, no infrastructure to manufacture said parts and they do not really understand much of the tech or techniques needed to make them.

The only ones you might find are captured Mechs, often sent straight to R&D, or to Royal Guard units

i was under the impression that a couple clans used the dark caste every now and then, and they just dont let people know since its such a taboo for them. i recall one of the clans was annihilated for having dealings with them, but it was kind of a quite assumption that the dark caste was used by some higher ups in variaus clans. i dont remeber to well since im not a clanner fan (aiden pryde and horse dont count as clan to me, im their fanboi forever). i wouldnt put it past elias critchell to use dark caste every now and then. plus theres also the red corsair, who was kinda a dark caste member (it was hella secret squirelly stuff, they didnt make it too clear). so mercs that work for clans could be dark cast, and maybe the dark caste includes some spheroids now that the clans have returned to the IS. the whole existence of the dark caste is the only selling point for allowing mercs to switch to clan lorewise, so i think pgi should play around with that title a bit more, it would help it make more sense.

#22 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

@OP

And that is why PGI's design is so bad -- hampers people ability to play with friends or the mechs they purchase. While lot's of people will give you excuses -- or have come to accept the way things are; the truth is that it is a bad design.

#23 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 09 December 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

@OP

And that is why PGI's design is so bad -- hampers people ability to play with friends or the mechs they purchase. While lot's of people will give you excuses -- or have come to accept the way things are; the truth is that it is a bad design.

Is the Alliance/Horde split in World of Borecraft also bad design?

This isn't a new idea, folks. If you want to play with your buddies, a modicum of coordination is expected and required. Either that or lots of time in trial 'Mechs.

#24 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Some one doesn't read how things work, and then comes here to demonstrate that lack of attention

Well done !

#25 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

View Post1453 R, on 09 December 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

Is the Alliance/Horde split in World of Borecraft also bad design?

This isn't a new idea, folks. If you want to play with your buddies, a modicum of coordination is expected and required. Either that or lots of time in trial 'Mechs.

You would figure the whole point of "mercenary" or "Freelancer" is to play where you want -- as opposed to loyalist or vat-born scum-face. And lets not pretend that MWO is anything like WoW etc.

#26 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostBEARDOOM, on 09 December 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Like in politics, bot's are everiwere...

Appreciate the PM, I think, but it was way, way to incoherent for me to even attempt to understand.

Did my best to wrap my head around those 4-5 sentences for a good 10 minutes, even double checked my Croatian-English translation.

137 IQ you say? That would put you less then 20pts under the 12th smartest person in the world....

#27 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

honestly i doubt your as smart as you claim either that or you have the emotional maturity of a child. as to your 'issue' just wait until the contact expires and then join Clan to use your Clan mechs, fairly simple and doesnt necessitate all that salt

#28 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

I thought the Clans didn't believe in Mercenaries.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostBEARDOOM, on 09 December 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

My IQ is 43 ...

FTFY.

Edited by Mystere, 09 December 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#30 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Babycakes your horrible engrish betrays you!
So no more silly video's?
I'll be really disappointed.
And everyone knows you're from Peoria Illinois stop faking.

Edited by Novakaine, 10 December 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#31 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:38 AM

I was in Clans, and my friends are long time I.S. We wanted to do some playing together but with motivation, not just quick's.
F... I.Q. I just want to make some progresion in playability. I am Srbin not Cro... We are alway's in europian war's. I was warrior 17 years ago. Maybe you are kids, maybe grown ups. But I understadn this game... FUTURE IS WAR.
But dont understant that wall's with MERC's.
Merc's are doing only for money, give a s... about Clan, I.S. And I want that game. This is a good GAME!!! But I want more.

#32 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostBEARDOOM, on 10 December 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

I was in Clans, and my friends are long time I.S. We wanted to do some playing together but with motivation, not just quick's.
F... I.Q. I just want to make some progresion in playability. I am Srbin not Cro... We are alway's in europian war's. I was warrior 17 years ago. Maybe you are kids, maybe grown ups. But I understadn this game... FUTURE IS WAR.
But dont understant that wall's with MERC's.
Merc's are doing only for money, give a s... about Clan, I.S. And I want that game. This is a good GAME!!! But I want more.

I understand the part about wanting to play with friends but it just doesn't make sense...like US and German teams playing on the same side in a WWII online campaign game.

#33 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

First of all this game through lore out of the window a long time ago so quite quoting lore.

Second, a feature of this game is Clan vs IS so get over yourself. If you want to join up with the Clans you have to play Clan mechs, if you want to join up with the IS just deal with the fact your going to have to deal with using IS mechs. It is not a hard concept.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users