• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 December 2016 - 03:03 AM, said:

-snip-

While everyone is having "interesting" conversations in this thread that has to get locked sometime, I might as well use this opportunity.

You ignored me saying hello in a match earlier. You broke the code of.frum warrior brotherhood. For shame. We're enemies now, and you're not invited to my birthday party tomorrow.

#62 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

I bet the hackers get a laugh legit players getting banned posting about this sort of stuff.

I know for a fact hackers like it a lot when players get upset about it. One of the main reasons they do it.

Also this game has many cheating in my opinion. It wasn't always this way. I still think it is one of cleanest games out. But its worse the last year than ever. By far.

Maybe more about bans and such things come to light later on. Maybe it will be interesting and surprising. Like a detailed hacker and cheater expose kind of thing. I think some numbers about alts and such things would be interesting myself. Tactics, motives and goals maybe to. Good light reading. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 December 2016 - 03:52 AM.

#63 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 December 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Oh I reported various members of the second place team of the world champ series several months and leaderboards ago about rather unusual results to PGI, and got a "we'll keep an eye on them" and that was it. That half the team were putting up top 5 & 10 scores, in the same mech categories, over multiple boards... yeah I don't buy that. Not when PGI was already disabling the tier matching and weight restrictions in tournaments because the player pool was so small. Funny though how the moment PGI stopped awarding massive MC and Cbills as leaderboard prizes, all the unusual high scoring stopped and many of the usual suspects stopped appearing at the tops of the boards. I guess keeping an eye on them meant paying them tens of thousands of dollars to drive away thousands of potential well paying customers.

Ok, let me get this straight. You reported players without even watching them play, without noticing anything unusual when spectating them and without any evidence? Solely based on their results in leaderboard events? Because you didn't buy that players of the most succesful EU team in MWOWC are able to score place 5-10 over multiple mechs in leaderboard events?

That must be one of the worst scrubtier steering wheel underhive things i have seen in a long time.

#64 Gladius Vittoris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:57 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 December 2016 - 03:03 AM, said:

That's exactly what I am saying, and I am entitled to say whatever I like. I pays my money. I keep PGI's servers in operation. But yes...go on.... wave ratios like they mean anything in this day and age of rigged games and small buckets for the matchmaker to work with. I only had two games out of 20 tonight with brand new players in them at the same time as legendary founders. When a player is allowed to use a third Alt account to game the leaderboard and tier ranks, and put in 10 PERFECT games in only their first 12 matches, or be part of a team sync dropping solo games to use group play strategy on solo players.. and PGI doesn't do anything about it other than change the prize structure a few months later... not to mention silence all discussion about the cheating that's well known to be going on... it becomes pretty obvious that nothing will ever be done to really get it under control.

But since apparently ratios mean more than common sense and intelligence to some folks...

I've run two Stalkers from basic to Master straight the past two days. The Stalker 5M and the Loyalty one. The 5M took 31 wins, 31 losses, 42 kills and 42 deaths. The Loyalty didn't go so as well for me largely because I had to deal with a lot of skirt chasers who wanted to hide by me rather than be able to survive in the wilds on their own without any ECM or presence of mind to have brought even an AMS unit.

647 Dee Eight 45 58 0.78 63 73 0.86 104 194

Before that it was 8 days straight of my hybrid build ARC-5W... and then tonight so far five games with my 9xSRM6 ARC-5W...

191 Dee Eight 81 73 1.11 135 103 1.31 157 216

And before that it was 15 games on lights and mediums I was skilling at random so I don't even recall which ones they were. Total of 276 games so far in the past 13 days. I do have to laugh at having my play ability questioned by someone with the following....Wow... TWO whole games.

31481 Gladius Vittoris 1 1 1.00 3 1 3.00 2 259

And you think this is my official account?
hyperLOL

(anyway.... another alt account I have, I'm playing trial only and solo only, and.....I'm sad to break it for you, but I have 3.5 w/l ratio and 2.90 k/l ratio..... TRIAL OP, then . Nerf trial, :D :D )

Edited by Gladius Vittoris, 11 December 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#65 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 10 December 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

This is gold.

Best part of this troll posting is that you guys seem to not even know the good players in this game.

Which is sad if you think of it. PGI made a big deal about their tournament and 90% don't even know who won or whom their players are.

#66 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from magic

Bunny. C. Clarke.

Edited by BattleBunny, 11 December 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#67 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:59 AM

While rare, aimbots and other such cheats do exist in MWO.

Two person examples that really can't be explained any other way:

1) Caustic Valley in a Cataphract. I'm moving with the team at full speed up an incline, when I suddenly take a dual gauss hit to my cockpit. The enemy Jager mech is a long distance away. I keep moving and twisting, taking a another dual gauss to the side torso, followed by another to the cockpit for the kill. This was followed up with the same enemy Jager repeating that casual headshot kill process from long range against 1 or 2 other players on my team. There's no way that is "skill" - that was simply cheating. I've never seen performance like that before or since, and I've played against Proton, Lords / EMP, etc.

2) Spectating on an LRM Hunchback that was either a bad AI or running a complex mix of cheat programs. Every time he took any damage, he'd go through what could only be an automated evasion routine. He'd recenter his torso and run in a perfect zig-zag pattern, stop, and then return to combat. The movement was identical each time and far too precise and artificial to be human-controlled. Some of it also made no sense since sometimes that evasion routine wasn't anywhere near a logical or best choice. Near the end of the match, the mech stopped, spun around, and started lobbing LRM's a long distance at... something... Nothing was visible or nearby, so I'm left to wonder what the mech was doing. Again, that's the type of behavior I'd expect from a bot, not a person.

So, yes, such programs do exist in the game. I have no idea how common they are at top levels of play or in matches where anything is on the line, but in Tier 3 or so, they are either rather rare or so ineffective that you don't really notice them.

Edited by oldradagast, 11 December 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#68 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 December 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

While everyone is having "interesting" conversations in this thread that has to get locked sometime, I might as well use this opportunity.

You ignored me saying hello in a match earlier. You broke the code of.frum warrior brotherhood. For shame. We're enemies now, and you're not invited to my birthday party tomorrow.

Any particular reason you launched a rather large, ornate yet paper machete shark at my house with an invitation? The post would've been fine!

#69 Tempest Omega

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from magic

Bunny. C. Clarke.

I am entitled to say whatever I like.

And these two things help explain why PGI doesn't want hack/cheating allegations posted on the forums.

My QP time over the past year or so has been limited to leveling mechs. I have seen a few things that were suspicious but nothing I could not have done myself on a very good day and I know there are many players who are much better than myself.

Are there people who are cheating out there? Of course. But I have listened to the in game rants from people accusing others of cheating and the overwhelming amount of the time that I hear these things I think those people ranting away are just plain wrong.

If PGI allowed open season for forum wars on this topic, well it just wouldn't be pretty.

#70 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostTempest Omega, on 11 December 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

And these two things help explain why PGI doesn't want hack/cheating allegations posted on the forums.

My QP time over the past year or so has been limited to leveling mechs. I have seen a few things that were suspicious but nothing I could not have done myself on a very good day and I know there are many players who are much better than myself.

Are there people who are cheating out there? Of course. But I have listened to the in game rants from people accusing others of cheating and the overwhelming amount of the time that I hear these things I think those people ranting away are just plain wrong.

If PGI allowed open season for forum wars on this topic, well it just wouldn't be pretty.

You know how often I am shooting mechs with bright glowing red ct's that just don't go down? Maybe 20 times yesterday alone. Yesterday was one of the worste two days for such things ever but still.

Got the back of my mech shot out at 700 meters by a Kodiak LBX. It took two shots, so ya both shots hit the back of my mech and I was facing the Kodiak full on both times.

Seen it all yesterday. I was expecting it though. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 December 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#71 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 December 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

You know how often I am shooting mechs with bright glowing red ct's that just don't go down? Maybe 20 times yesterday alone. Yesterday was one of the worste two days for such things ever but still.
OMG so much this!

I thought it was just me, if not for the fact that any follow up hit with lasers did get kill...

Laser hit detection appears to be working SO MUCH better than ballistics right now.

#72 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 11 December 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

OMG so much this!

I thought it was just me, if not for the fact that any follow up hit with lasers did get kill...

Laser hit detection appears to be working SO MUCH better than ballistics right now.

Oh ya it isnt just me. Was spectating a ERPPC team mate, he had maybe 10 shots at the end of the match do no damage, maybe 12 or more. Entire team was watching this. This is extremely common. Like maybe 70% of matches yesterday. Mechs simply not taking damage.

I cant see how any long time player playing lately isn't fully aware of this.

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 December 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#73 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 11 December 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

While rare, aimbots and other such cheats do exist in MWO.

Two person examples that really can't be explained any other way.....

You seen a dodge bot. I have seen one or two of those in this.

#74 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 10 December 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

Same for the OPs Cheetah story.

Isn't this the heart of the problem? "Story"?

I am in no way calling the OP a liar or suggesting he is trying to pull one over on the forums.

But I do wish the moderators would shut down any thread regarding cheating if it doesn't have video evidence attached, because a) nearly identical threads are all over the forums; B) the community's answer basically amounts to "shrug", "maybe"; c) the OP is advised to report directly to PGI.

Without a video there is little point unless I am missing something...

#75 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostDex Spero, on 11 December 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Isn't this the heart of the problem? "Story"?

I am in no way calling the OP a liar or suggesting he is trying to pull one over on the forums.

But I do wish the moderators would shut down any thread regarding cheating if it doesn't have video evidence attached, because a) nearly identical threads are all over the forums; B) the community's answer basically amounts to "shrug", "maybe"; c) the OP is advised to report directly to PGI.

Without a video there is little point unless I am missing something...

This isn't about if this is happening. The interesting part is how many will lie about it. Its about how much a persons word is worth. For some its an unknown.

Some things its tough to tell the truth of whats happening or not. Computers? Not so much.

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 December 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#76 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

inb4 all the banned cheat accounts are used for testing pgi's own AI system for mw5.
the odd behavior, the perfect aim, the random sperging out and shooting at "something" really far away...
you know... knowing pgi, I wouldn't be surprised.

#77 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostZ02, on 10 December 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Link-removed : ) Thanks for the advice.
Is the above aimbot for real. Looking at the ridiculous KDR in the leadership board makes me shiver. I will not want to cross their path.

Personal experience:

1) I am in a Cheetah with ecm engaging a stationary Stalker. Before I am able to get out of cover to attack I am already shot. At first I thought it was seismic. Then one of my team mate (weaponless) walk up behind the Stalker and was totally ignored. Again I tried come out of cover (from a different position) to join the fight and before I saw the enemy I was shot again.The damage was too accurate and too much. My almost fresh Cheetah was dead on the 3rd attempt to engage.

2) I am dead and was watching another team mate playing. Suddenly he turned 180 degrees and shoot. Then an enemy died. This enemy did not even show up on radar and no targeting information was displayed at all during this engagement. I was puzzled. Then this teammate started aiming at the ground. He keep aiming at a specific point at the ground, climbing a slope and over a hill, and guess where this point leads to. It leads to another enemy which is not on radar. (Note both enemy are out of seismic range and the first one I believe its even with ECM). The reticule did not even shift a bit from this point throughout his whole march to this unseen enemy over the hill. Of course again he was dead on target.

Too bad I did not video capture those encounters. Now I tried to remember to capture my games.

I played a few games this weekend...There has been some ****** up **** going on!

#78 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

View PostGladius Vittoris, on 10 December 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

Are you trying to say that:
- you understand how this game work?
- you can tell who is a good player?
- those leaderboard are false?

Because in my opinion you, having 0.98 w/l ratio and 1.09 k/d ratio, don know what are you talking about, nor how this game work.
Also, if you'd like to see your account on top mech leaderboard, half community should be banned.

This strategy (quoting somebody's stats in an attempt to undermine their credibility) is rampant in these forums despite the fact that it is truly and utterly pathetic. One's inability to perform a task at a superior level has very little to do with their ability to appreciate and understand what is going on. Just ask the billion dollar industries like professional hockey, football, baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer, golf, etc. Do you really believe that all those millions and millions of fans are all completely clueless and that only the players truly understand the game? My inability to throw a football 60 yards has no connection to my understanding Tom Brady's skill level. My inability to run for more than 4 seconds without needing medical attention doesn't prevent me from appreciating how blindingly fast Usain Bolt runs. I am not able to headshot a mech from 1200 meters with a gauss rifle but that doesn't mean I'm not aware that others find it easy.

Dee Eight's stats might not meet your standards of "gud". So what? Suggesting that his stats disqualify his opinion just makes you look like an idiot. When debating, try tearing down your opponent's ideas with ideas of your own rather than trying to tear down the opponent.

#79 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 December 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

Got the back of my mech shot out at 700 meters by a Kodiak LBX. It took two shots, so ya both shots hit the back of my mech and I was facing the Kodiak full on both times.

Seen it all yesterday. I was expecting it though. Posted Image

Structure Quirks are not reflected on the Paper Dolls...

Unicorn debunked, carry on claiming everyone cheats though and its not just a tenuous grasp on the core mechanics of the game.

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 December 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Oh ya it isnt just me. Was spectating a ERPPC team mate, he had maybe 10 shots at the end of the match do no damage, maybe 12 or more. Entire team was watching this. This is extremely common. Like maybe 70% of matches yesterday. Mechs simply not taking damage.

I cant see how any long time player playing lately isn't fully aware of this.

Video? Send it to PGI then? Thats how you fix these things not by saying you say a UFO on canyon network.

#80 Quintt

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

AHAHAH omg who is this dee eight guy, he is hilarious. Im having such a good time reading this. Always flatered when im called a cheater, cause i hardly ever think im good enough to qualify as one but aparently i was wrong...trololol.

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users