37 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Closed my wallet last year when the tournament was announced and it didn't look like CW/FW was going anywhere. Wallet came out when unit decals were announced, but this set of patch notes has it open and ready to let the money fly again.

A tug of war FW/CW? If you have read my posts in forums other than GD you would know this is what I have wanted all along. And as I continued to read the patch notes all I could think is, "Good lord this could be awesome!"

But once bitten twice shy so I am going to leave my spending up to you, the community. Starting tomorrow and for the next two weeks I will be monitoring posts about FW4.1. If they are more positive than negative I will spend $750-800 on this game before the end of the year.

So let's hear it, do you like 4.1 and does the money fly out of my wallet or do I put my wallet securely back in my pocket?

#2 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR you could have done this anyways without making a humblebrag post about how much money you'll "potentially" spend on this game in the coming year.

Edited by MadcatX, 12 December 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

"Ego, ho!"

FTFY

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

maybe decide for yourself by trying it out, rather than just reading post headlines?

Seriously, they are not going to notice one way or the other if you keep to or break with "not gonna play" etc. =P

#5 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

damn.. where is my harpoon!

my suggestion... go play some,, and don't let others decide what you wanna spend.. But i can say, buying 2 packages,, this fall, something i never done,, and have had some thoughts about if i should have been all put to rest.. mech 5, and this patch is sounding down right stellar.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,096 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

i actually closed mine because of mech con, but idk. maybe the fp changes will make it work. but we have seen this before.

#7 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

But once bitten twice shy so I am going to leave my spending up to you, the community. Starting tomorrow and for the next two weeks I will be monitoring posts about FW4.1. If they are more positive than negative I will spend $750-800 on this game before the end of the year.

So let's hear it, do you like 4.1 and does the money fly out of my wallet or do I put my wallet securely back in my pocket?

Respectfully, that's gotta be the dumbest reason to spend money on this game that I've read in awhile. OK....at least that kind of money.

Being that it's the Christmas season would you consider at least lowering your professed spending ceiling and donating the other part to a charity?

At least that way you will get Karma points to make up for following reckless optimism. Heck I will start the first post early as long as you chalk it up to the vote.

Edited by TLBFestus, 12 December 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#8 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 12 December 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

At least that way you will get Karma points to make up for following reckless optimism. Heck I will start the first post early as long as you chalk it up to the vote.

Vote counted.

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

Ted,

Can we shift this slightly... say, if the community has a >50% positive post rate, then you agree to wear a white kimono and a kitana, and become a Samurai White Knight.

(Edit, sorry, just watched a Wildlife of Japan special on nexflix with the lil ones)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 December 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#10 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostMadcatX, on 12 December 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR you could have done this anyways without making a humblebrag post about how much money you'll "potentially" spend on this game in the coming year.

920 posts, I am sure with no intent to create an impression of yourself.

But it is the interwebz, opinions are like...well everyone knows the saying and everyone has one.

Make sure to vote!

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Ted,

Can we shift this slightly... say, if the community has a >50% positive post rate, then you agree to wear a white kimono and a kitana, and become a Samurai White Knight.

Call it like I see it. If you read my posts before the great charade last year they were in general very positive and productive. But I made it clear what I was upset about and it looks like that might change. And so my opinion is allowed to change with it, don't you think?

#11 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

FYI, being a whale isn't anything to brag about, because being a whale isn't about wealth, but willingness to spend money for small returns.

Even relatively poor people have enough disposable income to dump thousands of dollars into games, but they don't because they it isn't good value for the money.

In other words, whales aren't wealthy people, but people with poor spending habits and low self control.

#12 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Closed my wallet last year when the tournament was announced and it didn't look like CW/FW was going anywhere. Wallet came out when unit decals were announced, but this set of patch notes has it open and ready to let the money fly again.

A tug of war FW/CW? If you have read my posts in forums other than GD you would know this is what I have wanted all along. And as I continued to read the patch notes all I could think is, "Good lord this could be awesome!"

You sound like me but my wallet already flew open. I'm back to owning all top tier mech packs. I did get a single player on a new engine commitment.

As for FW I hope it everything you wanted but I still do not see my self playing it.

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

Call it like I see it. If you read my posts before the great charade last year they were in general very positive and productive. But I made it clear what I was upset about and it looks like that might change. And so my opinion is allowed to change with it, don't you think?

No! Opinions are not subject to change.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 December 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#14 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostJingseng, on 12 December 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

maybe decide for yourself by trying it out, rather than just reading post headlines?

No, I will read actual posts, not just headlines. And my sample size would be dwarfed by the community as a whole. Prefer to act on significant sample sizes.

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,096 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 12 December 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Respectfully, that's gotta be the dumbest reason to spend money on this game that I've read in awhile. OK....at least that kind of money.

Being that it's the Christmas season would you consider at least lowering your professed spending ceiling and donating the other part to a charity?

at the very least stock up on booze. new years is coming. would you like to buy a six pack?

Edited by LordNothing, 12 December 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#16 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

View PostZergling, on 12 December 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

In other words, whales aren't wealthy people, but people with poor spending habits and low self control.

It is the internet. You can shots at people anonymously and not be proven wrong. How brave.

#17 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,938 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

View PostImperius, on 12 December 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

You sound like me but my wallet already flew open. I'm back to owning all top tier mech packs. I did get a single player on a new engine commitment.

As for FW I hope it everything you wanted but I still do not see my self playing it.

Agreed
I am excited for MW5.

But not so much hope for FP4.1. Its going to be on the same horrid maps and same awful modes.

The dish is the same... the restaurant is just buying new seats!.
The dish is exactly the same.

#18 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

No, I will read actual posts, not just headlines. And my sample size would be dwarfed by the community as a whole. Prefer to act on significant sample sizes.

except the most relevant experience, in judging your experience, is YOUR experience.

Whether or not other people like eating broiled whale penis does not change whether or not YOU like eating broiled whale penis. Sample size is not relevant.

#19 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

It is the internet. You can shots at people anonymously and not be proven wrong. How brave.

It's the internet, nobody gives a ****.

Being able to afford to spend thousands of dollars on a game is nothing special, as the vast majority of people in developed countries are capable of doing so, but most of those people have enough financial sense to not waste their money like that.

There is nothing wrong with being a whale, but it does not make you special or privileged, not is it anything to brag about.
Hell, I'm probably a whale myself; I've spent an absurd amount of money for such a relatively small amount of time I've played the game.

Edited by Zergling, 12 December 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#20 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

I am going to leave my spending up to you, the community. Starting tomorrow and for the next two weeks I will be monitoring posts about FW4.1. If they are more positive than negative I will spend $750-800 on this game before the end of the year.

Ted,

Spend what you will, as you desire and all that. But dude, maybe consider spending that kind of cash because you actually enjoy the game as opposed to spending because of some perceived consensus reached by others as to their enjoyment or lack there of. That's like deciding to invest in something because some guys on the internet said it was a good idea. Perhaps a better idea is to look into that investment "opportunity" yourself before writing the check? Just a thought. Do as you will.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users