Mwo Holiday Events 2016!

231 replies to this topic

#221 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostGraugger, on 29 December 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Yeah, drop in a Shadow Hawk and get one shot by the new Marauder IIC with its 80 point Alpha!

Nope...

That tells me the 'Marauder IIC' has reached the level of Power Creep that I feared would happen. The only thing PGI can do now is Buff all the other 'Mechs, because the MAD-IIC having no Quirks means that it can't be nerfed further in any reasonable manner. Oh well, it was about damn time that everything got a Buff anyway. To me, it seems like a lot of 'Mechs weren't able to fire or move properly. :mellow:

~D. V. "PGI won't be able to get away with Negative Quirking anyway." Devnull

#222 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostGraugger, on 29 December 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Yeah, drop in a Shadow Hawk and get one shot by the new Marauder IIC with its 80 point Alpha!

Nope...

Its not just Shadow Hawks happened to my Night Gyr two matches in a row. Posted Image

Edit: Different builds/pilots on the other side too. I did have minor yellow CT damage but its still a ridiculous amount of alpha as people are just targeting CT's.

Edited by Aramuside, 30 December 2016 - 02:15 AM.

#223 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:18 AM

Not able to get those invasion mode games in on FP. There simply not available.

#224 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

Hello? I am getting no credit for any modes except assault. No problems with other events so far. Just this one.

Ok I had to go into each catagory, figured it out, someone had to tell me to be honest. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 02 January 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#225 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Finally finished all my needed invasion matches, so maximum stocking pulls achieved.

#226 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 02 January 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Finally finished all my needed invasion matches, so maximum stocking pulls achieved.

You're lucky, then. I had to break down, and accept that I wouldn't get 21 of the 25 Invasion Loot Bags. At least I got a total of 154 Loot Bags. 150 from the other 6 modes, and 4 from Invasion. :mellow:

I still want to ring PGI's collective necks, though. I may be glad to have gained most of the things that I did get, but they should have extended this Event by 1 day for the downtime, and it really would have helped to be able to get some WarHorns and Supply Keys in these Loot Bags. Also, they should NEVER have limited by game modes, what with the limitations introduced by F.W.'s Tug-Of-War system. Invasion is basically impossible to have any access to, what with the meter having to slide deep in one direction or the other. It's almost like PGI was intentionally trying to make sure that not many people could ever complete the 2016 Holiday Events. Personally, I think they did better Last Year (2015) when they did NOT limit so heavily by game mode. I even really liked their 2015 Holiday Grand Prize being an actual 'Mech, and I'm sad to see they didn't repeat that theme, even if they had given out a Clan 'Mech instead for the other side of the tech, if not only just a 'Mech Bay or something. :unsure:

~D. V. "If only I had been a better pilot a year ago... not sure where I'll use a Krampus..." Devnull

#227 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

Lots of goodies, just unable to complete, well the feeling of completion. due to the time,

Stocking Stuffer

just a couple things

I got in a grand total of 3 invasions. the time I play, was always Skirmish, so when going to QP , and seeing Skirmish voted . . was very frustrating

and only other uncompleted was Conquest (did get the mode, Maybe , enough times, just a couple embarrassing losses [too low score]) , Counting on others to vote with you when needing to complete a event, . . . no fun

And that's it, the only unfavorable parts I saw/experience with the Stocking Stuffer

12 days of Mechmas

didn't like, but only because modes just never came up (voted) during the time I played to complete all of them. not upset, just so happens, since the ones I missed, the prize was not something I would wanted, or care to get, cool event, just another one that counts on the community to happen to be working with you.

Over all I enjoyed my time, even during the frustrated moments of not the mode voting swinging my way.
the amount of rewards was plenty and spent already Posted Image Posted Image

just that Invasion completion was a unhappy part, it counts on a part of the day to be there, that, I'm not

#228 drachnien

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:46 AM

Interesting thing looking at the totals for the stocking stuffer.
taking JUST the MC total and comparing it to the highest MC package you can buy shows the value of the MC given away to be about $16000.00 total by my maths.

Well it's interesting to me.

#229 W00dst0ck

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Almost forgot to redeem some stockings. Logged into the website and it says

"The event time has lapsed. You can no longer redeem."

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  • The Loot Stockings will disappear on January 8th at 10 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)! Redeem your eligible matches on the event page before that deadline or they will be forfeit!

Thanks.

#230 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostW00dst0ck, on 08 January 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Almost forgot to redeem some stockings. Logged into the website and it says

"The event time has lapsed. You can no longer redeem."

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  • The Loot Stockings will disappear on January 8th at 10 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)! Redeem your eligible matches on the event page before that deadline or they will be forfeit!
Thanks.

Yes, I have. The rule posted on the event page says:

"The Loot Stockings will disappear on January 8th at 10 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)! Redeem your eligible matches on the event page before that deadline or they will be forfeit!"

However since the event ended I have been getting the same response you have when trying to redeem my remaining stockings.

To PGI: We really didn't need this irritation and I expect the fact that it happened was not intentional. Please PGI, live up to the commitment you made in the rules. Fix this problem and reinstate and extend the time to redeem so we don't get done out of the stockings we earned!!

Thanks,
Megabopper

Edited by MegaBopper, 08 January 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#231 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hey gang,

Apologies for the early deadline there. We've extended that redemption deadline to now end January 10th at 10AM PST (6PM UTC)

#232 W00dst0ck

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for extending the deadline!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users