Hot-Fix Now Scheduled For 15-Dec-2016

124 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, December 15th at 5:00 PM PST (Dec 16th 1 AM UTC), with the following changes:

Leaderboards: Faction Play and Quick Play Leaderboard placements now require a minimum of 10 matches played in the associated mode.

Steiner Coliseum (1v1 Map): Fixing an issue where changing your Lance would drop you into the ethereal plane.

Faction Play: Invasion and Scouting pre-drop screens will now convey which side you are fighting on.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Groups could be set to un-readied when a Conflict ends.
Faction Play: Fixing collision issues with certain O-Gens on certain maps.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Groups would be unable to launch due to an issue with tonnage checks.
Faction Play: The Planet History table will now use standard timestamps (ie. the year 2016, not 3051).
Faction Play: Resetting Faction Play Leaderboards to coincide with Phase 4.1 release.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Call to Arms could pull you out of certain Faction Play windows.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where debug text was used for the 'Contract Time Remaining' values in the Merc Units Leaderboard.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Clan/IS emblems were not being used for Ownership history in Planet Details.

Faction Play: Increasing the Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, and Domination Faction Play Game Mode timers to 25 minutes (from 15).
Design Note: Initially the match timer for the above Faction Play Game Modes was going to be increased to 20 minutes in this hot-fix, but after continuing to monitor the results of matches since then we have opted to increase the timer by an additional five minutes.
Under the original 15 minute timer a significant number of the matches in those Faction Play Game Modes were ending as a result of match timeout, and were not taking full advantage of the benefits offered by the Drop Deck system. We expect this timer increase will result in more engaging matches, less-prone to outcomes dictated by the timer.

Decals: Fixing an issue where the AC5 Ammo Decal had been replaced with the Aluminum Symbol Decal.

HPG Manifold (Quick Play): Removing walls that were brought into the map from its Faction Play counterpart.

MechLab: Fixing an issue where the Performance Diamond values weren't displayed when hovering over a 'Mech portrait.

HUD: Fixing an issue where the Artillery Consumable HUD icon would appear as a Radar icon.

Additional changes to HUD Behavior

The December 13th patch brought with it a number of changes to HUD behavior not outlined in the Patch Notes.
As a result of those changes, friendly HUD elements would appear on your HUD at all times; friendly 'Mechs, UAVs, Turrets, and any other friendly elements would all have a persistent HUD presence regardless of whether they were in your direct line of sight.

While the intent behind these changes was to improve the level of information and situational awareness for friendly elements in the match, those benefits were outweighed by the resulting clutter in the HUD, particularly in game modes containing a range of distinct elements. Clutter would be further compounded when enemy HUD elements were also present.

As a result of those issues we will be making the following changes to HUD behavior with this hot-fix:

- Team Turret, UAV, and Game Mode HUD elements will no longer be persistently displayed on the HUD.
- Team 'Mech weight class and status icons (such as ECM) will be persistently displayed on the HUD.
- A new Keybind has been added, mapped by default to semicolon, that will allow you to toggle the display of the persistent friendly 'Mech HUD icons.

While pressing 'Q' (by default), all friendly elements in the match will be made visible, as usual. This includes items such as Team 'Mechs, Team UAVs, and Team Turrets, along with the usual information provided with 'Q' engaged, such as health.

We will keep this post updated with any additional fixes or time changes.

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

How to use these patch files

• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher
• Click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game!

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:43 PM

Please don't fudge this PGI, I really want to see this work!

#3 Tacct

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Seeing a lot more CPU and memory usage from MWO today. Also noticed displayed graphics were not matching their settings. (ex. motion blur despite it being disabled in settings.) Toggling the settings, saving, and restarting appears to reduced the issues but you might have a runaway process or memory leak situation combined with pre-patch graphics settings not applying correctly post patch.

#4 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Can you reset our loyalty contracts as well. We were planing on moving with the reset with no penalty (like every other season reset we have had) but what's the point on attempting to take a planet if you will lose it before all the MC is drained out of it.

#5 Jadefalconpunch

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

I have to enquire about the logic of giving the IS players an additional 15 tonnes for faction play, did the clan dropships downgrade their engine size or something ? Seriously though how much more hand holding do IS players need to compete with clanners, there are already weapon/durability quirks to even things out.

#6 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

You might also want to fix the damage dealt to the VIP counting towards overall damage and matchscore. Reduce it to 1/2 or something like that.

People are farming crazy damage numbers (like 2k) of an AI target that can't even shoot back, which totally screws with average matchscore, makes the leaderboard even more useless, and can potentially influence PSR (lel).

#7 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

Planet info in faction play? Hello? It's been, what, going on three years now?

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

View PostJadefalconpunch, on 13 December 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

I have to enquire about the logic of giving the IS players an additional 15 tonnes for faction play, did the clan dropships downgrade their engine size or something ? Seriously though how much more hand holding do IS players need to compete with clanners, there are already weapon/durability quirks to even things out.

Yeah, the Clanners only won four out of four planets last night. PGI, you must make it even easier for them!

I always wondered why the Clan geneticists didn't filter out their "Incessant Whining" gene. But then I realised: it's an evolutionary advantage to convince everyone they're hard-done-by victims.

Edited by Appogee, 13 December 2016 - 11:41 PM.

#9 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

I like all the new information displayed in the HUD... but could that be moved to the Battlefield Info screen, toggled with (I think?) the 'Q' key? It's very cluttered. Alternately, could you instead increase the transparency of the markings the further the indicated mechs are (farther away is very transparent, closer is more opaque)? Brawls get tricky when labels are covering friendlies and I've had an increase in friendly fire as a result. A minor suggestion.

Thanks! Love those Mist Lynx quirks... ;)

#10 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 December 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Faction Play: The Planet History table will now use standard timestamps (ie. the year 2016, not 3051).

Why? :(

#11 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

Please change the new HUD mech class icons to a toggle setting, they make the game look terribad. most of us have played long enough to know what class each mech is.

HUD clutter == bad.

#12 MStipee

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

There is no way to tell at an invasion match, if you are gonna attack or defend.

Could you please fix this too? There are ppl out there who make dropdecks for def and for attack purpose, and they have no idea what to bring.

#13 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

Pls count dmg vs non-player objects and use it in matchscore. it sucks in FW when you go all objective and it sucks in atlas-vip, too.Posted Image

tl;dr: I DID DAMAGE FFS. COUNT THAT ! Posted Image

oh, and the logos for the new factions are sooooo post-3050 they hurt to look at. the "knights of the cameron-slaves" logo for IS is really ticking me off... i almost think of kicking my loyalty and going all out clanner, just to hurt the cameron-slaves-of-devlin.

#14 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostKuaron, on 14 December 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

The Planet History table will now use standard timestamps (ie. the year 2016, not 3051).

Why? Posted Image

Immersion ... in today.

MWO is so rich in its leverage of lore and BattleTech mythology that some players are losing touch with their real lives.

For our own sakes, PGI need to dial back the way that MWO transports us to an immersive alternative reality, re-emphasizing that this is only a game.

Edited by Appogee, 14 December 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#15 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:00 AM

there go's my third place on the loyalist leaderboard..
some of us work hard to get there - now boom pgi take it away, and as always - gives nothing back (to active players)
PGI dont you think top players on leader board should get at least a free hamburger or something?
some of us did work hard to be there. when I say hard I mean not only to get a lot of KMDD but to help keep this bugy game alive and plus all the ghost drops etc..

-----Nice Idea for you PGI----
also if every few months or every few attack phases - you will give some small prices here and there to top places on leaderboard - for contributing the fight ,it will be a good idea and promotion for Faction play, it will keep more players active on line.(because at the end every one want that cookie)

so come on at least a free burger , or even a 1CB just to lets us know that this leader board is not there for nothing Posted Image ..

p.s its about time (and tnx) that you delivered a good updated to bring some players back to life again.FW getting better. keep it up and make us happy to enjoy the game
because at the end for us the users its all about to have fun and enjoy the game much as you can\want to give us
(so at least a hamburger)
cheers

Edited by Bios303, 14 December 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#16 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:40 AM

View PostJadefalconpunch, on 13 December 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Are you really so blind to the war history tab or just trolling ? I started the game as clan, but made a IS account a few months ago and have played IS account since, knowing every game high chance of losing, the problem is in a 12 v 12 where every player is willing to die for the team and doesnt give a **** about cbills IS is better, the problem is that only caters to the best players, at a pug level where most games boil down to long range poke wars because most people want cbills for damage more than trying to win as a team, and that makes clan VERY OP, until 3 months before the next mechcon tournament PGI needs to cater to the casuals, to get more people into the game and hopefully into faction warfare, and that means either IS need a LOT more quirks or a LOT more tonnage to balance the game at the noob friendly level.

Yeah they can turn the IS difficulty back up at the end of the year (or make it seperate balance for the private lobbies, for MRBC players etc, a lot more work for pgi which i know their not capable of, but in the short term they need to cater to the filthy casuals so all the long time players have seals to vlub for more than a month.)

The issue that MAJORLY COMPOUNDED this problem with the clans winning was 2 things, most big skilled units know that clan mechs are more fun for clubbing seals/ ending games quickly with better speeds and most went clan for 4.1, the second bigger much worse reason that pgi should have realised by now was they released a new pay to win mech for CLAN with the lauch of 4.1 and all the long time players that buy mechs went clan to play with their new toy, either pgi doesnt want new players for more sales and they just wanted to keep their long term PAYING customers happy for a few months with new seals to club, that they did not thin would spend much money or their ******* idiots.

Right now im happily stomping noobs as clan doing my last lvl 6 mech bay faction tour, knowing it isnt going to last very long unless pgi give IS more than 15 tons bonus.

Then when they do ill have so much fun (and so will SOME of the other big units having finsihed playing with their new toys) moving over to IS to **** the clan pugs (so i guess pgi is ****** either way)

View PostMStipee, on 14 December 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

There is no way to tell at an invasion match, if you are gonna attack or defend.

Could you please fix this too? There are ppl out there who make dropdecks for def and for attack purpose, and they have no idea what to bring.

Please ^ what he said, I dont understand why you give us less information on what map / map role were dropping in it makes no sense, with scouting mode too, you would know ahead of time and bring the correct mech for the job.

View PostAppogee, on 14 December 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

Immersion ... in today.

MWO is so rich in its leverage of lore and BattleTech mythology that some players are losing touch with their real lives.

For our own sakes, PGI need to dial back the way that MWO transports us to an immersive alternative reality, re-emphasizing that this is only a game.

I lul'd hard. ty for putting a smile on my face briefly.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 14 December 2016 - 03:45 AM.

#17 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

I have to say i was really having fun playing the new patch. my only beef is the ID diamonds over the mechs. If we had an option to turn it on and off i would say this patch was PERFECT !

#18 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostMStipee, on 14 December 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

With the anticipation of the Skill Tree and the specialization it will bring, this would be a *huge* change in the right direction. Well said.

#19 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostBios303, on 14 December 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

there go's my third place on the loyalist leaderboard..
some of us work hard to get there - now boom pgi take it away, and as always - gives nothing back (to active players) ....

as PGI never said there will be rewards for the leaderboard. Playing for the leaderboards is only comparing the size of your e-peen.
And there was written Season 1. So you knew it will end.
And a new seasonn will begin, where you can compare your e-peens again.

#20 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Nice hot-fix...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users