• LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

#62 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

You can take your ponies and let them go about their business as if you weren't there in the first place. I never met a pony that wasn't a pony, but I have met a pony that was really a small horse, only younger. A pony neutral thread is just the answer to a question that no one cared enough to ask.

#63 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostThinkTank, on 29 July 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

A pony neutral thread is just the answer to a question that no one cared enough to ask.

That's kind of the point. Get with it son.

#64 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Meh... whatever.

#65 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 19 July 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Due to the recent increase in pro and anti pony posts, I have made this thread to spread the Pony-neutral message.

I'll get this discussion about pony neutrality started off with an image of a box. Is there a pony in this box? I don't know. There could be. But a more important question would be "How does the possibility of a pony being in this box make you feel?" If your answer is "Neutral" you're in the right place.

Posted Image

This brings out the true wonder and value of a closed box. The odds could be against the possibility of it having a pony, but since you cannot tell for sure until it is opened, the possibility remains. The truth and the harshness of reality is only materialized when you meet it face-to-face. A simple, frail box can contain all the disappointment and depression within to protect you from true realization... yet on the other side, it may also hold you back from true happiness, for it may contain that which you cherish the most.

While it is true that reality and truth must be seen with the naked eye to be so, like the story of Pandora, this simple box can give you something that can only exist when it is not seen; something that we reach out for when it is not there. This closed box can, by simply being what it is, give you hope.

The more you see reality march in front of you, the more its heavy heels stomp down on hope for the future, but thanks to this small box that small spark of hope is protected and kept alive.

Hope has always held more value than reality in the hearts of people, hence we always only just get a small amount of it. This small amount of hope balances out with the massive amounts of disappointments that reality brings; therefore this box is the true embodiment of the feelings of everyone involved.

#66 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostElizander, on 30 July 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

<Epic Snip>

And this, ladies and mentlegen, is why I troll. Epic post Elizander.

Posted Image

#67 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Due to the recent increase in pro and anti pony posts, I have made this thread to spread the Pony-neutral message.

Rules:
1) You may not express an opinion that would be considered positive or negative in relation to: My Little Pony, Bronies, or ponies in general.

2) Pictures are allowed but nothing that breaks the forum rules or rule #1.

3) Topics unrelated to pony neutrality should be somehow related back to the topic of pony neutrality. For example; "Last week President Obama spoke to the UN. His lack of commentary about My Little Pony shows that he remains strictly pony-neutral."

4) Don't talk about fight club.

I'll get this discussion about pony neutrality started off with an image of a box. Is there a pony in this box? I don't know. There could be. But a more important question would be "How does the possibility of a pony being in this box make you feel?" If your answer is "Neutral" you're in the right place.

Posted Image

1) Rule number 4 should either be rule number 1 or 2 (for shame!) The lack of Tyler Durden talking about MLP indicates he's Pony-neutral.

2) More importantly, if there is a Pony in the box, is (s)he alive or dead, and until proven one way or another, is (s)he both? (I haven't read through the thread so no idea if someone else has already beaten me to this particular joke.) :)

3) What are the benefits to me if I should move from neutral to pro or ***? Will I get all you can eat pony meat? Will my mortgage get paid off? Will I start ****ing out diamonds and rainbows every time I go to the bathroom? If the answer is yes to the last two, sign me up for which ever side provides that benefit!

4) What are the pros and cons of my daughter liking this show when she's older? Will it instill a desire to study science and math? Will it make her a loving and caring individual (more so than without)? Will it drain my wife and I's wallets of cash for chunks of 'Made in China' ****?

Seriously, call me apathetic or even agnostic towards Ponies. I'll save my cartoon watching for South Park, Clone Wars and Green Lantern (possibly Tron if is doesn't suck ****). I just don't understand why these other threads even exist, unless we have allot more 8-15 year olds on the MWO forums than I ever imagined.

#68 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

If there is a Pony in said box I will overflow with complete and utter indifference, If there is no Pony in said box my heart will fall into a vast expanse of whatever.

#69 Mordino

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEU/RF

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Ok.

#70 Aetam

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

#71 Arfer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationMianus, CT

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

I'll get this discussion about pony neutrality started off with an image of a box. Is there a pony in this box? I don't know. There could be. But a more important question would be &quot;How does the possibility of a pony being in this box make you feel?&quot; If your answer is &quot;Neutral&quot; you're in the right place.

Posted Image

Could it be half empty/full of ponies?

#72 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostArfer, on 29 August 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Could it be half empty/full of ponies?

No. Even half a pony is still a pony.

#73 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 29 August 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

No. Even half a pony is still a pony.

But the other half is not pony. So it is neutral, as it should be. Don't judge it only by one half. But I am indifferent to this topic, so I don't care.

Edited by Egomane, 29 August 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#74 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostEgomane, on 29 August 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

But the other half is not pony. So it is neutral, as it should be. Don't judge it only by one half. But I am indifferent to this topic, so I don't care.

I think you misunderstood... I wasn't saying "half pony" as some sort of half-breed. I was literally referring to half of a pony. Front half or back half it's still pony.

#75 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 29 August 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think you misunderstood... I wasn't saying "half pony" as some sort of half-breed. I was literally referring to half of a pony. Front half or back half it's still pony.

I did understand perfectly. The other half is nothing, as in: "nothing"
So we something and we have nothing. In the end we have something neutral. Just like it should be.

#76 MrHacknslash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCrazy Town

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image
In the box, there are but more boxes.

#77 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I LOVE ponies...

... They need a bit of barbecue sauce though...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users