3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

Last night a lady friend wanted to join a little outing to see a Holiday event. Mind you I'm on crutches and still I wanted to go. The line started forming at 4:00 P.M. and the temp was about 50 degrees. She wanted to go. We knew there would be a line, at which point it was about 4 blocks long.
"I'm not standing in line." she started to complain.
"I don't have the keys to the car." I told her.
So we kept walking to catch up to the rest of our party.
As the night fell, so did the temperature. As the sun set the temp dropped to around 35, just a hair above freezing. We stood in line for about two hours till we got to the event. I kept hearing from other people that they were "Never" doing this again. lol.

Was it worth it. Hell yes. Partially because "we" know that she won't dare to ask to join our little groups outings for a long time to come.

It would have helped if some people had dressed for the weather instead of being stylish (those who were apart from out little group). Shorts and tank tops just don't work as the sun goes down and the temps drop as well. It was great, watching some some brawny guys start to whine like little kids (who alternatively were loving it).

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

I'll be honest with you. I'm not standing in a four block line for anything short of a "set for life handout" at the end. It's always a good feeling to hear an "I told you so" scenario work out in the end though.

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

Thanks. It was great.

#4 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

The only time I saw a line that long was when I went to a bookstore the night before the last few harry potter books were released.

Madness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users