Menu

46 replies to this topic

#1 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:04 AM

Translate at least the game menu. Many people do not want to play because of this.

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:10 AM

The world is growing together via the internet.
English is simple, well-sounding and above all: dominant.
Take it as an opportunity to learn it better :-)

(And no, I'm not some arrogant US guy ignorant towards any other language. I'm German and I think it's a good thing that people learn the international language to have a common denominator to talk to each other instead of hiding in their locality)

#3 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

When I was active in units I had people that were bi lingual or more. I've played with Latinos,Russians and many other non English natives. While we may not have under stood each other vocally we all have the same game mechanics and could use map awareness to coordinate.

The game should have options for different languages but it also is missing color blind mode,font size,font type and ui color customization options.

Also most game developers develop in their own local native language then have to translate to other nationalities. I love the metal gear series but I'd enjoy it far less if I had to play those games in Japanese only. You might get away with dubs and subtitles in other media but doing a well done translation makes it a lot easier for the people you want to sell your product to want to buy it.

Edited by JediPanther, 15 December 2016 - 10:17 AM.

#4 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

I kind of wonder if people really aren't able to figure out the interface. I learned English as a second language, and knew gaming essentials like "battle axe", "crossbow", "experience level" by age 12 or so. I understand good English skills aren't that common in many countries, but it's video gamers we're talking about here.

I understand it's a whole lot more difficult to speak in VOIP in mid-game.

#5 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

View PostPaigan, on 15 December 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

(And no, I'm not some arrogant US guy ignorant towards any other language. I'm German and I think it's a good thing that people learn the international language to have a common denominator to talk to each other instead of hiding in their locality)

Thank you, I will learn English after you learn Russian. The international language it loudly. You are too highly of himself. Neither I nor anyone either did not recognize English as an international.

#6 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostNimnul, on 16 December 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Thank you, I will learn English after you learn Russian. The international language it loudly. You are too highly of himself. Neither I nor anyone either did not recognize English as an international.

But do you know the language of love? It's my favorite language. Best spoken with the hands, mouth and loins. I believe we should make this the international language. Comrad, why don't I round up some maple beavers and you bring some sexy Sharipovas and we could have a summit?

Edited by His Holiness Pope Buster, 17 December 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#7 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:39 AM

English has won the cultural victory. Not being willing to accept this doesnt change it.

English is the primary language of the internet.

Edit: this is coming from a dutchman.
edit:

Posted Image

Edited by BattleBunny, 17 December 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

You are too highly of himself.

Out of some 10 Million websites, less then 7% are in Russian while over 53% are English.

However, facts are lost in Russia atm aren't they?

Now, want to look at internet users by Language?

Ok, let's do that with the top 3;

26% are English.
20 % are Chinese
8% are Spanish.

Where is Russia you ask? Since you asked, they are 8th with a whopping 3%.

So, you had best learn English, Chinese, and Spanish before anyone cares to learn Russian.

Have fun with that.

Edited by TWIAFU, 17 December 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#9 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

I'm German and it's fine this game is only in English

That beings aid
A basic translation of some buttons and descriptions is just a Google translate away for PGI to use
Seems like a low hanging fruit to me
but so is a color blind option as well (for the UI)

I'm German and it's fine this game is only in English

That beings aid
A basic translation of some buttons and descriptions is just a Google translate away for PGI to use
Seems like a low hanging fruit to me
but so is a color blind option as well (for the UI)

View PostTWIAFU, on 17 December 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

You are too highly of himself

What's funny for me here is that I don't know know how he made all those mistakes in every sentence.

My phone would've suggested way better bloopers and chrome, Firefox and edge would've screamed at me in red and grey underlines everywhere.

Reminds me of a movie
Spoiler

Edited by Peter2k, 17 December 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#10 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 581 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostPaigan, on 15 December 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

While I would agree, I see the OPs point. As for me, I would suggest to have latin included. <3

#11 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:45 AM

Italian here. Save time and money and don't translate the game pls.

#12 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

Norwegian here. We have two written languages. I require both bokmål and nynorsk.

I will not try to learn English. The world should learn to speak Norwegian.

(This post was written with Google Translate)

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

Баагийнууд Монгол хэлээр тоглоомоо орчуулаачээ!

#14 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

I'm not going to learn English and my friends too. Decadent West thinks that rules the world, and that the English spoken by the whole world. It's a delusion. In Russian is spoken by all countries of the former USSR. There et even China and India. Total least 6/5 of the population does not speak English.

If the fish want money, they need to translate at least a menu.

#15 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostHis Holiness Pope Buster, on 17 December 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

But do you know the language of love? It's my favorite language. Best spoken with the hands, mouth and loins. I believe we should make this the international language. Comrad, why don't I round up some maple beavers and you bring some sexy Sharipovas and we could have a summit?

English is terrible. It is for the market and trade approaches. The Russian language is the language of scholars and poets. Russian languages in one sentence is able to convey the meaning accurately. In English, you hear constantly: what you mean? English is not able to accurately convey the mean, because of the huge number of synonyms. To understand what someone wanted to tell you must keep all the text in the head.

#16 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostNimnul, on 19 December 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

English is terrible. It is for the market and trade approaches. The Russian language is the language of scholars and poets. Russian languages in one sentence is able to convey the meaning accurately. In English, you hear constantly: what you mean? English is not able to accurately convey the mean, because of the huge number of synonyms. To understand what someone wanted to tell you must keep all the text in the head.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

English has a lot of problems, for sure - As a universal language, it's poorly suited, but everyone's been saddled with it because that's just the time frame we live in. But for all it's problems, English is very good for exactly two things - Actual technical words (The sentence structure is crap but it's good for naming things, and it takes to loan words very well) and artistic expression. All that ambiguity and technical complication works heavily in English's favor when it comes to poetry and the like.

The Slavic languages... they're not bad languages. But they're not notable for the things you think they are.

Edited by Bombast, 19 December 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#17 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

Language becomes universal only after the recognition of all countries. Now this is only your desires and dreams.) You are all in the west does not understand. As there is no unilateral solutions. That would be something to argue, you must to ask the other side.

#18 Monster Ultra Zero

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Approve of the others support languages, myself.

#19 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

It would be great to have localization, but I don't think it'll be in the near future IF they ever do it. PGI working on MWO if I recall is only ~60 small. They'd have to hire translators and other assets that would have been used in more contentTM

#20 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

They can use google translate. And waste 2 day..

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users