F. R. R./ Kurita Hubs To Merge.

83 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

I may be a Merc, but this is good to hear. Two Factions, working together, combining strength. ^_^

~D. V. "I'll have to check-in at the FRR Hub some time soon." Devnull

#22 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 16 December 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

The Drake Hub? I thought it was going to be a place for battle hardened pilots to gather before battle. Instead, it sounds like a place for sad rappers to commiserate and cry over their exes...

Posted Image

Hey, mead and sushi only while Mechs are reloaded and repaired...

#23 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:59 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 17 December 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Hey, mead and sushi only while Mechs are reloaded and repaired...

Huh... So, improve your brain, get drunk, and cause damage that cancels the improvements... What doesn't seem right with this picture? :blink:

~D. V. "Why get smart, and then stupid again, all in one go?" Devnull

#24 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:24 AM

This is great news!
We stand united once more!

#25 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

Mech the Dane, 9SD would like to establish rooms on the server as well. Please let me know how to set this up. Do you have Kurita rank icons?

-k

#26 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 17 December 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Mech the Dane, 9SD would like to establish rooms on the server as well. Please let me know how to set this up. Do you have Kurita rank icons?

-k

Hail Kdogg,
The 9SD are more than welcome. I actually am out of town for the weekend but before I left I set up a 9SD channel and 9SD server group. Right now it's using a generic Kurita icon but if you have a 16x16 9SD image we can replace it.

As to our ranks and permissions this is what I currently have set up: https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5531161

#27 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Thank you very much Mech. I'll check it out later. I looked up your ranks. Would it be possible to add the Kurita ranks as TS groups as well? Our ranks differ a bit from how they are listed on your post.

-k

#28 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 17 December 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thank you very much Mech. I'll check it out later. I looked up your ranks. Would it be possible to add the Kurita ranks as TS groups as well? Our ranks differ a bit from how they are listed on your post.

-k

If you check the post you'll see I've add the ranks of Sho-sha, Tai-I, and Chu-i. Sho-sha for the CO, Tai-i for the XO and Chu-I for capable officers.

#29 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

Umm. Wasabi and lutefisk...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

ALE!

Edited by Ulfgar Snorrison, 17 December 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#30 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

Thank you Mech. We should be good to get going now.

-k

#31 Sedmeister

• PipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKuzuu Prefecture, Benjamin Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:55 AM

Hey Mech, thanks for this initiative. Much appreciated.

I had an idea the other day. Would FRR units (and Kurita units) be interested in our own version of FW? By this I mean we construct a manual map of the FRR/Kurita border and host it online somewhere. We can then figure out some mechanic as to which planets are contested, rules for the contest of each planet (best of 5 or some such) then try our hand at sync dropping in QP so we get CBill/XP benefits, or just do the old fashioned private games.

We can update the map manually and fight a campaign.

We can't control FW, and it is demoralising to continue to be rolled by OP tech. But we can set up our own campaign and do some immersive FW on fairer terms. (Speaking of such, we can set limits on the kinds of mechs each faction brings, make certain planets high value targets by introducing elements such as "capture this planet and its Atlas production facility and you can bring Atlai for the duration you hold it" kind of thing.)

What do you reckon?

For the record, I have made the same suggestion on the COMA forums but I haven't gotten any feedback.

What do you reckon?

#32 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

cool I get to see some of my kurita friends Posted Image

Edited by Windscape, 20 December 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#33 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostSedmeister, on 20 December 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

We can't control FW, and it is demoralising to continue to be rolled by OP tech. But we can set up our own campaign and do some immersive FW on fairer terms.

What do you reckon?

It's possible. It's also been tried before by NBT and Proxis. Both of which have websites with a ton of coding involved to help their CW/FW alternative make sense. A lot of automation for both.

The other problem with both of them is that no matter what you do there will be a skill disparity. The competitive teams will roll all the other teams and it diminishes the fun pretty quickly for everyone.

Basically, the only way I see it working at this point is that way make it EXTREMELY basic (unless you have a small army of motivated coders who want to do some free work). Basically the sort of thing running off a spreadsheet and a forum.

AND

It it has to be heavily managed and administrated in such a way that tries to force teams of similar skill to fight against each other. So it couldn't be a CW free for all sort of map. There'd have be to contracts or special rules or something that basically turns the best teams into Boss battle NPCs that show up infrequently.

#34 bravoxious

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHouston,Tx

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

This **** sounds real weak !

#35 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

View Postbravoxious, on 20 December 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

This **** sounds real weak !

What are you referring to?

#36 bravoxious

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHouston,Tx

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

Nothing good coming from Kurita.

#37 bravoxious

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHouston,Tx

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

To be honest. We dont see ISEN doing **** in faction warfare. When do you guys come out? Friday nights only. Maybe one or two of you in random groups daily. Really makes no difference what your trying to do. Its still gonna be the same ****.

#38 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

The miserable man and evil minded
makes of all things mockery,
and knows not that which he best should know,
that he is not free from faults.

-Havamal

View Postbravoxious, on 20 December 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

Nothing good coming from Kurita.

As we used to say upon the gilded playgrounds of our distant youth; Take That Back. Posted Image

Seriously though, the Kurita players who have come to my teamspeak have been friendly, respectful and earnest. They've dropped along side us and helped us fill out drops. While some of them aren't the best, they certainly are no worse than our worst. And if that is true, then by what right do we judge them?

But then along comes Bravoxious. What a big man you are. So accomplished and heroic that you can stand upon your gleaming soapbox and shout down derivatives at our new guests. My, what rare generosity in this modern age.

I see today you are part of Majestic 12. A powerful and well-know unit who is likely the FRR's greatest asset. Do you attempt to speak as one of them? Or.. the 1st Hussars? A unit you were with far longer than MJ12. Or maybe 228? The unit you were with for some time as well, doing nothing to aid the FRR in anyway?

Perhaps, we should all join accomplished units and subsume their authority within us to lazily mock those beneath our assumed ivory towers. Our perhaps we should grow the **** up and not hide behind the false laurels of our betters.

You see, this is the Free Rasalhague Republic, a Faction whose identity is that with the old Norse raiders. And I have built a unit and a hub around their strengths and culture. And one facet of that is the importance of hospitality.

You have insulted OUR guests. And I cannot quietly abide such dishonor within the bounds of my hall.

So, to make redress I challenge you to a Holmgang. Pick your weight class and your map and fight me the best of three in 1 on 1 combat. Show me the mettle of a man who deigns to belittle the strangers that surround him.

View Postbravoxious, on 20 December 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

I know you also said some trite things about the ISENGRIM. I'm not too concerned with those weak-wristed jabs, I do more than most faction leaders and for now that is enough. ISEN is a competitive unit, we do not recruit Faction warfare players nor is it our primary goal. We help where we can when we can in game, and I do what I can from above logistically. If you find that unremarkable so be it, but you accomplish nothing in attempting to tear down what little good has been done because you think more good should be done.

#39 Sedmeister

• PipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKuzuu Prefecture, Benjamin Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

Dane, you show honour. COMA made it through to MWOWC quarters using both IS and clan tech although to be clear, I did not personally compete, it was my fellow bushi. We played what will probably be our last FW 4.1 game a few days ago. Three COMA bushi, some pilots from units and pugs against mixed clan pilots from various units led by 4 228 pilots. It was a difficult game and the imbalance was felt significantly. However we were victorious.

We feel we have nothing we need to prove but I appreciate you proceeding from a place of respect. There is no honour debt you owe to me.

Personally I lament the ebbinng of the immersion experience as do others. The idea and conversation was not an emphasis upon competition, rather participation in an immersive event.

If we did proceed with the idea, perhaps COMA could be pitted against your unit and we could limit the scale of the event to a planetary invasion, to test the waters so to speak. What are your thoughts?

#40 bravoxious

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHouston,Tx

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

You know where I,m at 24/7. Let know when your rdy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users