Getting Fed Up With The Crashes

6 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

3 out of 4 games on forest colony crashes my client and sometimes the rig. sometimes its a hard lock, and other times i get polygons up the wazoo and am forced to reboot. its specifically this map (and mostly around the water areas), i do get crashes in frozen city too, but these are like 1 in 20, ive also seen it a couple times on caustic at certain points in the day/night cycle. it seems to have gotten worse with the november patch and no change with december patch.

my rig is pretty solid too. i get framerates > 60fps at medium settings. im running an i4790k, 8 gigs ram, and a 750ti (drivers utd), os is win8.1 and im running dx9 (its more stable). i even ran gpuz in the background and logged the voltage and temp on the card, voltage does not dip during the crash, nor does the temp go over 48c so its not a power or cooling issue. i also let memtest86 run for a few hours with no glitches. i also run a lot of other games and get great stability and performance with this rig (except in mwo:forest colony).

Edited by LordNothing, 16 December 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

What crashes? I don't have any issues either, even on DX11. I've played several games on Forest colony, and didn't have any problems with my own client or my teammates. If nearly everyone else is not having these issues, but you are, that means that it is something about your computer that's triggering the issue

If you're going to claim there can't be anything on your computer that causes technical issues when interacting with the game, you'll never be willing to get help. It doesn't mean that you've built your machine wrong, or that there's something wrong with your machine at all - it just means that some interaction or other is causing problems.

Email tech support and get it taken care of. They'll help you out if they can, and they'll also collate that information into PGI's tech support tracking.

#3 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

I had such problems with my amd radeon a time ago.
All was fine then came a new driver generation and the next 6 month I could MWO only play with the old driver (with the new driver I crash to desktop when I fire laser). Have you try to use an old driver? Or maybe a new beta driver?

Edited by von Haudegen, 17 December 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#4 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

I had to do a validate of my steam files and it fixed my problems I was having. Apparently I didn't notice I filled up my hard drive with recordings and it had problems downloading the patch.

#5 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:17 AM

I run a 750 ti, 8GB RAM, Win 10 (DX11 if I'm not mistaken). Not sure which processor I have, but it's an early Intel i7 (I'm not at home to look up details). Sounds close to your rig. I have no issues, though. If there is a problem, it might be a config problem, or something unique to your combination.

Does this still happen on low graphics settings? There may be a single (or small group of) setting in particular that is causing issues. Does your PC have an integrated video card? I've heard stories of the game using the wrong GPU.

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 20 December 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

i had been running medium settings. funny thing is i tried low settings and the crashes were worse. so i went back to high settings and havent seen a crash since. weird stuff.

#7 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 December 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

i had been running medium settings. funny thing is i tried low settings and the crashes were worse. so i went back to high settings and havent seen a crash since. weird stuff.

Glad it's fixed :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users