#41 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:41 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 28 December 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Oh pointless for sure. However as one more point, there is a hunchback IIC in a certain star colonels command star in a certain cartoon...

If you're going to discuss lore...

Said cartoon was explained in game as being a lyran holovid put together during the invasion, which while inspired by Adam Steiner's mission, was not actually true to source at all.

By 3085, even the clans were mocking it in the homeworlds (reference: the fiction at the start of wars of reaving - specifically the conversation between the 2 former coyote pilots).

Personally, the series could have used more 'do you even lift' jokes after Ciro Ramires started taking roids/became a Jade Falcon bondsman.

#42 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

Most fiction is ROUTED in reality :) I gotta assume that IS was seeing Hunchback IIC on invasions, hence they put it on the show.

#43 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

Well, we ARE discussing what was meant to be a show designed to target kids to get them interested in mechwarrior.

Back in the mid-90s when the show was on, there was only so much you could do in a 20-minute span to hold a kid's attention for that length of time while grappling with the adult issues of war, death, loss, violence, betrayal, the invasion of your home, ethnocentrism, racism, xenophobia, and the political complexities between the houses as well as the honor-bound traditions of warring Clans.

Not an easy task.

But I still enjoy the show.

And I'm here right now in these forums in the first place all because of this show that I watched when I was young, so, to Sabban, mission accomplished. :P

My favorite is Episode 6 when Sakamoto discovers an assassination attempt on Victor Steiner-Davion, while being accused of being the assassin himself.

Edited by Commander A9, 30 December 2016 - 01:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users