Hot-Fix Scheduled For 20-Dec-2016

134 replies to this topic

#101 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostPsycho Cop, on 20 December 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

Just implement a clan betting system, the lower tonnage you can "bet" and bring into a fight that will grant you a bonus payout.
So if you only bring 200 tons to invasion in your dropdeck, you'll get xx % bonus. (it doesn't count for unused mechs during a mech)
If you only bring 35 tons in your scouting dropdeck, up the CBill pay as well.

Let the players decide with their own best judgement, and you might be surprised of the balancing outcome.
Those cocky clanner will think they can still destroy you in a KitFox.

But remember that in lore Clan Mechs were not nerfed and IS Mechs were not quirked, so it was not as risky of a proposition as it would be in MWO and one KitFox probably could take out multiple IS Mechs.

Edited by IronClaws, 20 December 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#102 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

I see no problem with 50 ton Clan reduction for scouting.

I do think shared tonnage might be better in long run, few times I've wanted to take a Kit Fox or even Mist Lynx for scouting but team mates usually oppose it, and for a good reason.

I do think PGI has best chances to see actually how the balance is and if there is any Clan / IS disparity, and tonnage changes are ok way to adjust the balance.

#103 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

Excellent changes. Now we can cut the Crow whining. Against a 4 man, 2 of them made IS Scouting ProMode beat down almost every time.

#104 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

Didn't people complain about the Invasion maps enough already?

Now suddenly people want them to appear MORE frequently?

#105 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Why Not use the Quickplay Tonnage-System in Scouting?
Like: A single pug gets 50 tons, therefore can't use the Skillcrow BUT a Group of two get 95 tons, a Group of 3 140 Tons and a Group of 4 150 Tons. That way Pugs get a small Edge against organized Teams. (Who still reign supreme thanks to magical skills like coordination)
And Teams can use their Crows, or even heavier Mechs. Why not pack a Mad Dog and 3 Cheetos?
Of course this System would apply to IS and Clan.

Edited by Vladosteron, 21 December 2016 - 12:54 AM.

#106 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

View PostIthori, on 20 December 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

So as of today 20 December 2016 I had 70 ping before the patch and now its around 400 to 600. Yes I checked that I am using the right region I live in UT and picked north America. Please address this problem.

I get this occasionally for 1-2 games pre patch with mad ping spikes constantly from my normal 32 to 600+. Has it carried on today?

#107 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostSteve0211, on 20 December 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

really???
some good players are the reason to punish ALL clan players?

Good Job, PGI !!!
That is a good way to kill FW completly.

i don't play FW anymore. It is senseless because you can't win against the OP IS-mechs when you are a casual gamer like me...

You are a unique special flower ...

#108 ManOfAthens

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:47 AM

Removing the 'Crow may make things more interesting... Now clan scouts will need to think about balancing speed with other factors.

As a member of a unit that consistently goes back and forth between Clans and IS, the truth is being clanside is easymode. Whether that is completely due to skill base or mech imbalance is uncertain... I'm betting both are factors. But, in our experience, with few exceptions, clan 'Mechs perform better than any IS chassis of similar weight due to hardpoint saturation, reduced weapon weight, and a better speed/durability balance from the clan XL. Default builds are way better as well, so pugs are less often infuriatingly useless.

Before people lose their minds, let's see what effect this has, if any.

#109 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 20 December 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

[...]
Or the one that says if I alt+tab out and back into a FW screen, I get graphic glitches?
[...]

Try running it borderless window fullscreen.

#110 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 December 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Huh? I thought they meant 'ShadowCat' Chassis when they referred to "Splat Cat"?!?!? Posted Image

Na, the original "Splat Cat" was the 65 ton CATapult loaded with as many SRMs, especially Streak SRM-2s, as it could carry.

#111 Adrikk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

2 hot-fixes in less than a week, and both are bad news for clan players.

What's next? Long Tom's arty support for IS players?

#112 Deryk Kyeld

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

I bought the Stormcrow al carte along with the Timberwolf for FP, now that I can't even use the Stormcrow anymore I wish I could get a refund.

#113 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostDeryk Kyeld, on 21 December 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

I bought the Stormcrow al carte along with the Timberwolf for FP, now that I can't even use the Stormcrow anymore I wish I could get a refund.

I feel this way about many of the Clan Mechs that I have bought. I wish that PGI had found a better way to balance the game other than just making my Clan Mechs far less effective than in Lore, or even than when they were first introduced into the game.

#114 Zalama

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

Oh **** this. I am new player with 2 stormcrows now rusting.

I demand to get refunded. This is ********...

I don't have money to buy replacement since I just bought the 2nd one and any suitable mech available...

Edited by Zalama, 21 December 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#115 Mace Huron

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Has anyone else observed a problem with UAVs post patch? I think the friendly-icon only shows up when your arm is over it. I am accustomed to shoot anything not-blue and admit i shot down a friendly UAV or 2 last night. The icon didn't show until I had already fired at it..

Edited by Mace Huron, 21 December 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#116 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostMace Huron, on 21 December 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

Has anyone else observed a problem with UAVs post patch? I think the friendly-icon only shows up when your arm is over it. I am accustomed to shoot anything not-blue and admit i shot down a friendly UAV or 2 last night. The icon didn't show until I had already fired at it..

Yes most of the time you have to hit "q" to tell if a USB is friendly or not now.

View PostZalama, on 21 December 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

I don't have money to buy replacement since I just bought the 2nd one and any suitable mech available...

You will have to play them in Quick Play until you have enough to buy another Mech. I recommend Hunchback IIcs

#117 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostZalama, on 21 December 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Get on to Jade Falcon TS, find people to drop with and bring both stormcrows to invasion mode. Pretty sure some big comps won't mind carrying you :D

#118 ArticArcher

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

OMG these changes to scouting matches are frustrating. I have lost ALL my matches now. I was always a nova player so no change in mech. I am constantly dying to mechs using 4srm 4 with flamers ****** my sides 1 by one in single volleys. How am I to fight that?

#119 TheClanReject

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 20 December 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

Let Clanners keep their Stormcrows, just ban LRMs and SSRMs for both sides.

Great I am good with this, I don't use streaks anyway much better to use Srm's get to kill more that way.

#120 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 21 December 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I feel this way about many of the Clan Mechs that I have bought. I wish that PGI had found a better way to balance the game other than just making my Clan Mechs far less effective than in Lore, or even than when they were first introduced into the game.

Using lore as an example of how clans should be. 10/10 solid trolling. Please share more trolling attempts!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users