Hot-Fix Scheduled For 20-Dec-2016

134 replies to this topic

#61 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

And so it goes. Clan loyalist get shafted once again, all because some merc units. Last time it took PGI 6 months to even notice that IS was over-buffed and 6 more months to balance FW. How long will it take this time?

Messing with dropdeck weights is huge problem to players with limited amount of mechs, making viable deck to all FW maps and QP drops is simply impossible. Because Clan boats higher cbill values, this hurts Clan player base significantly more.

Regarding Huntsman, it is still behind paywall, at least 1.5 months. And 8 missile variant also stays behind paywall, 6 will be max with cbills in future.

As of this writing total population stands as 58 % IS, 42 % Clan. Active base and FW oriented are things that only PGI knows and refuses to tell.

Loyalist loosing 25 % of LP points if defecting, still not addressed. Loyalist that have reached Level 20 and cannot accumulate any LP more, not addressed.

This is really sad that PGI again falls to forumwarriors crying. Many who lack perspective and many more with motive other than finding balance to game.

#62 CDaemon04

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

LOL. on that tonnage **** in scouting. LÖL. LÄL. LÜL.
with the potatoes i played scouting with yesterday its gonna get worse for actual decent players.
that level of derp ive played with was over 9000 and its not gonna get better.
at least let me play my stormcrow that i bought for scouting so i actually had a scouting mech.
LOL

Edited by CDaemon04, 20 December 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#63 X Player

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 20 December 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

First of all, C-bills are not an incentive for people who already have their perfect Clan drop deck and just want to kill a lot of IS mooks.

The goal also shouldn't be to attract EVERY SINGLE unit to IS, but only some of them. Or are you trying to say that every top tier unit has perfect dropdecks and every mech they want? Because they don't.

#64 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostCommander Harrison, on 20 December 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

I agree that this change doesn't nerf the clans. I personally don't even use the Stormcrow for scouting either, but to think that this change will get the top teams or players to jump to IS also ridiculous. Top players don't need the Stormcrow to win and they never have. Why would having 5tons less make them jump to IS?

So in the end, this achieves nothing.

Or... it gets the less strong players to move to IS and then we are back to the same problem of the good teams all being clans and there being even more less skillful players being IS.

True. Its not the best way to achieve their population balance goals. Its kinda like PGI is poking the larger units with a small stick and hoping it annoys them enough to do what they want. There are enough suggestions available from the forums here, and I'm sure in house with PGI, to devise a better strategy.

Personally I don't plan to jump to IS side anytime soon. In fact, with the decrease in overall tonnage available to my drop deck, it feels like more of a challenge. And I am enjoying that because even with the changes lately the game has felt a bit stagnant overall.

#65 Argond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

Please change House Steiner Scouting Drop Deck Tonnage to 100 :D

#66 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostArgond, on 20 December 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Please change House Steiner Scouting Drop Deck Tonnage to 100 Posted Image

That would be Awesome, wait wait that is the wrong Assault-Mech.

That would be Atlastic. Posted Image

#67 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Dear PGI, sincerely **** you. I'm done with you. Good luck on gaining new players, because you just lost at least 3.

#68 M E M E M A C H I N E

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

The only real solution is to ban all the "high tier" clan players. then IS would have a chance.

#69 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

Haha, all those bitter clan tears fuel my mech. Ill look forwards to playing against a higher average of skill after this change... ie. players who realise that the Nova, Huntsman and Hunchie IIC are better than a Streakcrow due to being more maneuverable (Jumpjets anyone?) , having better hitboxes (lower and narrower... except the Nova in the latter case) and better pinpoint damage.

#70 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

I've been saying this since scouting dropped, but they just don't get it. Maybe I should shout more:

PGI: REWORK THE SCORING FORMULA AND MAKE COLLECTING INTEL THE ONLY THING THAT PROVIDES REWARDS FOR THE ATTACKERS.

As it stands right now, I could take my ecm locust, zip around, collect 10 points on my own and escape without firing a shot. I'd likely net 45,000 cbills and a piddly amount of LP. In a hero mech. And god help me if there is an event going on with a minimum match score requirement, because I likely didn't meet it, even though I was an intelligence scouting hero. I lose money on the match if I think about using a consumable. Taking a grif 2N and slaughtering 4 stormcrows and ignoring intel completely nets me 250,000 cbills. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Scouting does not reward SCOUTING. It rewards skirmishing. FIX THAT. FIX THE SCORING and just maybe you'll pull more people in and develop some tactics in skirmish that aren't "Ball up and find them"

#71 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 19 December 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Scouting mode has been hard mode for IS since the beginning due to the dramatic power offered by the Ryoken. Taking that away will leave them with several advantages still in play (especially cSSRMs, cSPLs, and most of all cXLs), but at least the most egregious outlier will have been taken off the table.

All in all this is a strong hot-fix.

Yes and no, they need to be reduced to 45 tons. Dropped a bit last night in scouting wins were about 50/50. Huntsman and hunchback seem to be coming to the forefront. Seems a prevalence to dual LBx20 seems the new scouting meta, The Imbalance is still heavily skewed still.

#72 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

This is pretty simple it goes back to lore. Yes i know alot of the children who play this game could care less about the lore. Get over it, this is the reason the game even exists.

So clans are a military culture of bidding, the unit(simpler terms for the new) with the lowest bid gets to attack the planet. You understand that reduced tonnage would already be on the clans mind. They want to use least amount of resources to achieve the best results. Kind of and honor thing, if you clan players can understand that.

Plus as many have stated you really would see 5-10 clanners versus 12 IS as normal.

Nerf the Clan scouting to 45 tons and FW to 220-240 lowest tonnage drop decks get priority for matches.
So the heavier you are the less likely you are to get a fast drop.

#73 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 20 December 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

This is pretty simple it goes back to lore. Yes i know alot of the children who play this game could care less about the lore. Get over it, this is the reason the game even exists.

So clans are a military culture of bidding, the unit(simpler terms for the new) with the lowest bid gets to attack the planet. You understand that reduced tonnage would already be on the clans mind. They want to use least amount of resources to achieve the best results. Kind of and honor thing, if you clan players can understand that.

Plus as many have stated you really would see 5-10 clanners versus 12 IS as normal.

Nerf the Clan scouting to 45 tons and FW to 220-240 lowest tonnage drop decks get priority for matches.
So the heavier you are the less likely you are to get a fast drop.

In that case, give us true clan weapons back and get rid of the quirks. Since clans arrived in the inner sphere we were constantly sabotaged by the Technician and scientist castes lead by Chief Scientist Russ (no blood names for freebirths!) Posted Image

On a serious note, what works in the lore does not work in a video game, especially multiplayer game.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 20 December 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#74 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

I'm ordinary IS pug pilot and I do not need that clans dropdeck nerfs. Even more - stop changing game that way while ignoring core mechanics that need to be changed. Just leave 10tonns difference but make pugs drop only with pugs while groups drop only with groups and You can count CW(aka FP) as fixed.

Edited by MGA121285, 20 December 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#75 Pampajoe

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

We make Scouting/CW dead again *ironie off*

#76 enrage 13

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

again stuped idea nice

#77 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

I really appreciate the developer notes.

#78 Thogal76

• Pip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, Virginia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

wow. tonnages changes are not the sole answer? then do something else besides take away some of the most used mechs for us. there is no lack of skill in the is that i seen. their pub runs are just as rough as ours. and their units do just as well as ours. i mean, your trying to fix faction play so people will play it more, but your taking away the incentive to do so. thats kind of counter-productive.

an example of what this brings can be seen in battlestar galactica online a few years ago. cylons on scorpia server used to stop playing for about a month or 2, and complain that colonial ships were too op to fight against (nevermind the fact that anyone who watched the show, and knew the game, knew better) the result, was a 1 sided faction switch where colonials would become cylons, and the game would continue to be unbalanced. how did the rest of the colonials fight back? spend the next month or so avoiding contact with the cylons.

clan mechs are not necasarily better then the is. clan mech pilots are no better then is mech pilots.

i mean next time you want to screw us clan pilots, could you at least send lube and give us a kiss first?

#79 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

I... hate to be negative, but... What Inner Sphere Medium am I supposed to use to fight Huntsmen?

#80 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

Maybe the HBK-4SP...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users