Marauder Iic Vs Cities

4 replies to this topic

#1 Praxx

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOrange, CA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

I have been noticing that in any city map, especially River City, my Marauder iic gets stuck on the building when trying to turn or even turn around. If any part of my mech touches a wall, it slows way down and I have difficulty making a turn, or a 180 turn. Example, I was at the end of the citadel, when I had to turn around to get away. I got stuck on the citadels wall and could hardly move and turn. All the while I was getting hammered by missiles and other enemy mechs in the water. I did not survive. If the turn would have worked like it should, I could have evaded those mechs and had more playtime and be more of a contributing factor to my team.

I have had this problem anytime I'm near a wall, sometimes even large rocks and cliffs.

On a side note, I have also noticed an increase in the frequency of being head shot killed or even just taking more head shot damage than in any other mech I have played. Now, I have been head shot killed about 3 times in my 4 years of playing while piloting a Catapult. 1 year or closed/open beta, 3 years playing. Since the Marauder iic has come out, I've taken a substantial increase to head damage and have already been one-shot killed to my head 5 times. Otherwise, I've been having a good time with this mech.

Praxx

#2 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

Hmmm... I have not received a single headshot in any of my Marauder IIC mechs. Last time I had experienced a rash of headshots, I found out that they were almost entirely coming from a single player that was mysteriously scoring them constantly over multiple QP matches.

*Cough!* *Cough!* *Aimbot!*

If those headshots are coming from the same guy or guys, you should start asking around about them. You would be surprised what you could find.

#3 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

I was single head shot once in a marauder IIC. I was like WTF but that was on the ice plains map. The other guy was driving a dual gauss setup on another marauder.
I hope that was one in a million shot as until now I got no repeaters. This mech tanks very well otherwise.

Edited by Pilotasso, 20 December 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:42 PM

I guess over time everyone discovers the mech's "super" abilities and it becomes like one of the family (of the other mechs).

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

What I noticed is your rear armor gets damaged a lot when you got lurmed from the front.
This frequently happens to all mechs but with the MAD-IIC this seems to happen a lot more often.

But headshots....hmm no.
Had a streak of headshots in Oktober and November but on different mechs and comming mostly from the same group of ppl though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users