7 replies to this topic

#1 Skult

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

Can someone succinctly explain how I go about playing the scouting mode? I got a call to arms, played it and enjoyed it. But i can't seem to make heads or tails of the faction screen.

#2 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

https://mwomercs.com/game/modes

#3 Skult

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Thanks but that seems to just tell the very basics of what the mode is. I'm more interested in how to navigate the faction play screen to access the game mode.

#4 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostSkult, on 24 December 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Thanks but that seems to just tell the very basics of what the mode is. I'm more interested in how to navigate the faction play screen to access the game mode.

Since you are in no way affiliated to any Fation or Clan, you join any FW Mode - scouting, or any of the Invasions Modes - either through Calls to Arms, or being in a Group where the Leader of the Group is affiliated to a faction .

I would advice you to create a 1Man MERC Unit, and grab a profitable Contract . Those run for 7 days . Then you can drop into any FW Mode at your leisure, and switch sides after 7 days - grabbing a new contract - without any penalty .

#5 Skult

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Skult, 24 December 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Skult

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

https://mwomercs.com...-1490-13dec2016

If you are a Freelancer the existing rules regarding battle participation still apply: Freelancers can only participate in an IS vs Clan battle by answering an Urgent Call To Arms.

#7 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Your group leader should still be able to drag you along if he's in a faction, but either way, the Call to Arms will let you play - you miss out on the faction rewards that way, though. Since Merc 2 will give you Premium Time, it really is worthwhile to create your own merc unit and then just take contracts depending on which mechs you have or feel like playing in Community Warfare.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 December 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#8 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

If you have a one man unit then those mech contracts aren't really binding, you can dissolve your unit any time and recreate it at will to change the merc contract.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users