#1 Croaker Munin

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

Titel says it all.
PGI please just do it.
Playing vs group's as a solo player is just no fun. Neither is it funny to slaughter 12 solos as a 12 man premade.

Group and solo are separated for a reason in quick play. We even have tonnage restrictions in quick play group queue. Not talking about matchmaker that is splitting tier one from five. But in faction play this balance factors are all ignored? C'mon PGI!

#2 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

All comes down to player numbers
I'm sure you know

That being said
FP 4.1 feels close enough as the promised endgame that it might as well replace quickplay
Therefore rolling player numbers into FP

If one doesn't want to play the invasion map, just let them opt out (and provide trial mechs with good tonnage range/mix)

Matches usually don't take that much longer, and the rewards are usually high enough for me hoping PGI doesn't come around with a nerf to income again

#3 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 26 December 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

All comes down to player numbers
I'm sure you know

That being said
FP 4.1 feels close enough as the promised endgame that it might as well replace quickplay
Therefore rolling player numbers into FP

If one doesn't want to play the invasion map, just let them opt out (and provide trial mechs with good tonnage range/mix)

Matches usually don't take that much longer, and the rewards are usually high enough for me hoping PGI doesn't come around with a nerf to income again

Simply ...NO. Just NO.

You would loose loads of players.

The lack of matchmaking (in a sense of fitting players and equipment) and the below horrible performance in FP matches is a reason why I hardly play FP at all.

View PostCroaker Munin, on 25 December 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

Titel says it all.
PGI please just do it.
Playing vs group's as a solo player is just no fun. Neither is it funny to slaughter 12 solos as a 12 man premade.

Group and solo are separated for a reason in quick play. We even have tonnage restrictions in quick play group queue. Not talking about matchmaker that is splitting tier one from five. But in faction play this balance factors are all ignored? C'mon PGI!

We already had separated solo and group queues in CW 3.0 at its start.
It didn't work.
PPL where either waiting forever or equivalently beeing stomped by upper Tier players with solo drop secondary accounts.
After a week or so PGI took it down again and integrated solo CW queue in group CW again.

And as all the oldsters say over and over again.
You can't throw newbs in a game mode where you NEED to know the game mechanics, the strengths and weaknesses of every mech, the maps and you need to know how teamwork funktions.

Nobody below T3 should be able to queue for FP I am T3 and I know that I'm a terrible player most of the time...and I cant do much about it because computer and because I'm just too slow, to badly coordinated and too blind to be any better.

There are vast differentials inside the single tiers.
I know T1 players I can beat without a problem most of my days.
Its just that they leveled less mechs than me specialize on single chassis to min max their performance to the last diggit.
They are not realy better players just more personaly organized and more focused....more competitive.
And then there are players that will twohit their first two or three targets before the rest of the enemy team realizes what happens and the respective player gets focused

But thats essentially it.
The difference between the wannabe comps, the hardcore comps and the casuals.
And I know there are loads of other ppl out there loving BT and MW and just wanting to play.

So don't punish the normals.

Contain the predators.

Make a high tier league where they can minmax and exploit the sh.. out of this game but don't bother the bulk of the players.

#4 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:33 AM

You realize that wont work, right? The whole tier thing is based offa quickplay. Which has little to do with Community Warfare. If you prevent me from being able to play the game mode I like, just because I haven't played enough of the game mode I don't, you end up losing players. And this game has precious few enough of those as it.

~Leone.

#5 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 26 December 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

We already had separated solo and group queues in CW 3.0 at its start.
It didn't work.

No, we didn't have a seperated solo queue. We had a split between players with and without unit tags. Which was something no one ever asked for and something that was bound to fail.

It's mind-boggling that people still don't understand the difference between a solo queue people are asking for and the abomination pgi actually delivered.

#6 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:52 AM

View PostLeone, on 26 December 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

You realize that wont work, right? The whole tier thing is based offa quickplay. Which has little to do with Community Warfare. If you prevent me from being able to play the game mode I like, just because I haven't played enough of the game mode I don't, you end up losing players. And this game has precious few enough of those as it.

~Leone.

Well, beats me, why has FP been quickplayisated then?
You realize you play 70% QP maps and modes in .... FP.

You either keep out the noobs or you keep the pros separated.
Mixing them .... makes....no....sense.

This is my core thesis.
Separate casuals from pros.

Just making a "soloplayer" aka "I dont wanna push buttons in searching for group tool or sozialize over faction chat" mode in FP will net the same result as making the "no units alowed mode".

PPL who played FP, even if they simply were unable to do so (unable or unwilling to organize and sozialize) wanted to get carried by units to get the goodies of FP and simply made their own four man unit and droped in unit queue anyway.

With solo queue it will be just the same.
People who can't or just don't bother do bring any performance in this game will simply try to go with groups for carriage.

And thats where you need to make the cut.

Either allow only ppl in FP able to pull their own weight or make leagues.
One casual league where you can do exactly what PGI has done with FP 4.1 and one with comp stuff and thingis....that I realy do not care about.

Edited by The Basilisk, 26 December 2016 - 04:05 AM.

#7 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:14 AM

OP they already have:

IS = solo potato
Clan = grouped

Voila - the solo players and groups are ALREADY seperate!! :D

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

View PostJungle Rhino, on 26 December 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

OP they already have:

IS = solo potato
Clan = grouped

Voila - the solo players and groups are ALREADY seperate!! Posted Image

*Hands over stone medal of Trolling*

GG

like the winning team after a 12:0 stomp

Edited by The Basilisk, 26 December 2016 - 04:20 AM.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:21 AM

Frankly, they need to have minimum requirements before being allowed into "end game content." Requirements like successfully completing the tutorial, playing X (over 50) matches in solo play, owning your own mechs....that kind of stuff.

Because most of the stomps happen when one team is unable to carry the weight of the potatoes that dropped with them. When 80% of your team relies on LRMs, can't unzoom and can barely move...odds are, you're going to get eaten alive. Just like in the solo queue, but this time....you get to watch them do it with 4 mechs.

#10 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 26 December 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

Frankly, they need to have minimum requirements before being allowed into "end game content." Requirements like successfully completing the tutorial, playing X (over 50) matches in solo play, owning your own mechs....that kind of stuff.

Because most of the stomps happen when one team is unable to carry the weight of the potatoes that dropped with them. When 80% of your team relies on LRMs, can't unzoom and can barely move...odds are, you're going to get eaten alive. Just like in the solo queue, but this time....you get to watch them do it with 4 mechs.

Truth.

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 26 December 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostTWIAFU, on 26 December 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Truth.

Seconded.

I had a thought (dont know if it is a good one yet) that no one should be allowed to drop in FW unless they are in a group of 2 or more. Granted there would be some issues with finding matches -- it would be harder and you couldn't have groups of 11. I was just thinking that the ability to get into or to form a group would really separate out the newbies etc. Just from my personal observation (and that can be questionable) players who know/are able to/willing to/ group generally do better in the game.

Edited by nehebkau, 26 December 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#12 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 26 December 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

Simply ...NO. Just NO.

You would loose loads of players.

The lack of matchmaking (in a sense of fitting players and equipment) and the below horrible performance in FP matches is a reason why I hardly play FP at all.

its the same maps my friend

basically all you would do is a respawn mode on normal maps

#13 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

Uhhh....no.

They tried it once.

Look what happened.

It was rolled back in 24 hours on account of lack of participation.

#14 LordLeto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

They tried units and non-unit queue. Not group and solo. The predictable and easy work around the previous iteration doomed it to failure.

#15 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Thirded...(Is that even a word?)
And Nehebkau, it is almost as if you read my post from yesterday in the "Dear 12-Man Clan Stompballs," topic.... In my opinion, forcing players to group up with atleast one other player before being allowed to enter in to FW will remove a certain number of the FW IS PUGs from that game mode that they should not be playing in the first place.

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 26 December 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#16 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Just introduce a more adaptable form of MM to average tier levels for each team in the FP queue.

#17 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

Jeff said (And Nehebkau, it is almost as if you read my post from yesterday in the "Dear 12-Man Clan Stompballs," topic.... In my opinion, forcing players to group up with atleast one other player before being allowed to enter in to FW will remove a certain number of the FW IS PUGs from that game mode that they should not be playing in the first place. )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I say this is total BS!!! MWO players solo/casual/pugs should be able to play all game modes in solo or CW/FP PGI is in this game to make money retain new players and have there gamers have fun .

If teams want end game hard mode competition content I say great give them there own team VS team only in CW?FP game mode plus private play and a global Recruiting lobby.

I still don't understand after 4 years how teams can think CW/FP is hard core mode end game content when all they want to do is Seal Club new players casual players and PUGS?

And personally I think PGI should do as this OP and many others want a split of the CW/FP game queues MWO players would get the best of all that PGI and MWO has to offer.

#18 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

Honestly, I just don't think we have the population for divorcing the two. Even still, I feel like most groups aren't the problem. Even though I lost a lot as inner sphere, I still felt that many of the fights against most teams even with premades on them were still winnable after the tonnage changes. It's as Russ said earlier, there are 4-5 groups out there stomping the living daylights out of everyone.

For me at least, I feel like we have a bit of a catch-22 here where there is no good way to avoid stomps. If I join a superpowered premade to give these handful of groups a run for their money, I turn the majority of my games where I don't fight them into stomps. If I drop solo I don't usually stomp other teams, but I always get stomped by these handful of teams.

I guess the best compromise is to drop in a small group. However in my experience once you start a group, it's hard to keep it small for long.

Edited by Jman5, 26 December 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

Except I have 0 interest in ever, for any reason at all, playing in a pug queue for CW however I do want to drop with/against teams.

I'd be okay with the split so long as you can opt into group queue to help fill out teams, which I think a lot of people would do.

You're also ensuring those pug players will never be anything, at all, but terrible at the game.

Finally the population is low enough that it would be incredibly easy to sync-drop and farm those intentionally terribad terribads.

Splitting those players out of CW has merit and I'd love to find a way to make the idea work but it's got a lot of potential issues.

#20 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

well PGI wont split the que's we already know that

so best thing is to leave PGI alone and suck it up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users