70 replies to this topic

#61 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:59 AM

View PostRoland09, on 28 January 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

Bah, BS. if something needs to be explained with too many words instead of a catchy picture, it must be wrong. Go back to Washington, D.C. where the elitists are.

Drain the Swamp! Drain the Swamp!

/sarcasm

sorry from now on i will only reply to others with this

Posted Image

Edited by RaptorCWS, 28 January 2018 - 02:05 AM.

#62 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 27 January 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

And if the lords of MWO are condoning killing off there community and players so be it.

I haven't seen a Lords tag in like, a year. I don't know if they're even still playing. I think you may be confused by old posts.

~Leone.

#63 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

View PostRaptorCWS, on 28 January 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

And ultimately your complaint is that you can't get the rewards for the team play game mode because you don't want to play as a team.

In the end, isn't that what it all boils down to?

#64 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 27 January 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

Total BS your just promoting more seal clubbing and same as same game play as it is until the game dies so you and others can get rewards for what? killing the game? I assume that is your goal the end of MWO through loss of players.

Posted Image

And if the lords of MWO are condoning killing off there community and players so be it.

I'm curious - where did you learn your psychic powers? You seem to believe you know what other people think, what their intentions are and what their goals are. Fortunately modern science is safe because your magical mind reading powers clearly don't work at all, given that you're pretty consistently wrong.

I club more seals in QP than I do in FW. I certainly have more one-sided matches in QP than I do in FW and I drop with KCom.

I realize you have a narrative you want to create and an agenda you want to promote but, bluntly, you're wrong. You always just avoid/ignore the two blatant holes in your statements -

1. Almost everyone in every unit playing has pugged plenty in FW and many still do.

2. It's a team game. You are always in a team of 12, just like every 12man. With voip available to you in game.

'Seal Clubbing' isn't about units stomping people who just can't group up. It's about people who use teamwork vs those who refuse to use teamwork.

REFUSE TO USE TEAMWORK is the operative part because it's an absolute fact. You're already on a team; voip and chat are both there and both work. Saying 'Well even if we did use it all the time we're still no match for the top tier organized teams!'

You do realize that the top tier organized groups in 12mans beat even other top tier organized groups in 12mans on coms, right? KCom drops like 4-10 matches at most every day. BCMC and EVIL, maybe that many. There's like 3 12mans worth of players who really are good enough together that yeah, they'll beat the great majority of people; teams or pugs. They're a fraction of a percent of the total drops in the game. All the rest are within scope of any other organized team, be they a premade or a pug team. Hence why we talk about pugs beating teams all the time.

Your arguments are absolutely baseless. They're excuses. Victim complex BS. 'ZOMG I'M HELPLESS, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, EVERYTHING IS AGAINST ME!'

Bull ****. Absolute bull ****. Every has access to the same tools. The game literally puts you in a team when you play it automatically. You can't play without being on a team. If your response to that is to still refuse to play as a team, bring a decent deck and try to make good choices or learn what good choices are then you're actively choosing to lose.

All the arguments about 'well my teammates...' are exactly why I said what I said. There's a segment of people who refuse to make good choices, take good decks or play as a team. They sandbag their teams, they're dead weight and while certainly we all want more players in FW those guys? **** them, we're all better off if they go back to QP.

Because that's really the crux of your argument. The players who refuse to play as part of the team they are automatically on every match, you want them pampered and catered to even though it screws everyone else who's actually playing the game as designed.

Remove those guys and suddenly the whole game is better. Even QP.

Cuz I know you're going to try and gloss over this again, but...

Team of 12 v team of 12 every match.

#65 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image

#66 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostAsym, on 27 January 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

I joined a team then, a good group of pilots. We practiced and ran trials and dropped as 12 man teams. That lasted till just after the Skill Tree change and those very talented pilots left MWO full time.

Never dropped again as a team. And now, only drop as cells of 2 or 4 for events or to master a new mech they bought..... WHY? Because even they just couldn't stand the meta and radical expolitation FP has become...

Wait, was it the Skill Tree that made your friends quit or was it the meta min-maxing?

#67 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostWindscape, on 28 January 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Why tf did we bring back this thread? We should just stop now before this gets locked.

I linked to it to illustrate that we're having the same argument over and over, for at least a year, and can we stop please?

Then folks decided to necro it, probably because it was difficult to recognize that it was a THREAD FROM 2016 because the arguments (and some of the posters) were literally all the same.

My bad.

#68 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

Newer player and liking the faction play more then quick play. But I PUG and get
Rolled way to often.
Are we talking about a match maker that does PUG vs PUG and PM vs PM instead of what I experience now...usually PM vs PUG = wtfbbqpwnzr

#69 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Grimhorn, if you don't have teamspeak yet, download it, It's free. Then jump on comstar or strana mechty teamspeak servers and go into a looking for group room. Pre-mades are rarely 12 of the same unit; most are players picked up to form an ad hoc group and priority is almost always given to those who are on TS with the team. No mic needed, just follow the calls and you will start winning more than you lose. You'll meet some great people too and dropping with friends makes FP way better.

#70 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostVxheous, on 27 January 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

I can't drop in FP with more than 4 in a group, or it becomes ridiculously easy and boring. Even then, 4 is usually enough to beat most of the 8 mans out there apart from the random large group of gen rushing cyclops x2 decks.

What I really can't stand though is the random scrub that argues with me on how to play FP when my group of 3-4 is doing the bulk of the lifting. They can't just STFU and be thankful that they're not getting farmed by that 8 man on the other side.

Example: Mr. 299 damage, please stop trying to tell us how to play.
Posted Image

TRUTH

#71 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

View Postr4zen, on 29 January 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

I linked to it to illustrate that we're having the same argument over and over, for at least a year, and can we stop please?

A year? Threads like this were posted in the very first week that Community Warfare was released several years ago.

Then folks decided to necro it, probably because it was difficult to recognize that it was a THREAD FROM 2016 because the arguments (and some of the posters) were literally all the same.

My bad.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users