• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

#21 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

the other stuff is gaming related too, so he might want it on.. the bottom 8 it seams.. BUT if he is not getting good rates, try turning them off one at a time, see how it helps.. I never used any of those progs so no clue

#22 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 712 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

View PostGhengis Cohen, on 29 December 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

85 processes is way too much for gaming!

Nah, the number 85 itself is fine, what matters is that there are no performance hoggers there.
I've got AMD R9 280X, Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.8 GHz, and FPS is above 40 at all times (usually more, but I don't recall how much more).

#23 7ye

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

I'm afraid I've tried disabling most of the programs I don't need and rebooted and tested. However MWO's frames don't seem to be affected one way or another.

Sadly, It's something else, but I'm not sure what!

#24 Ghengis Cohen

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

It's never going to hurt to optimize the OS! The less processes, cpu, and ram you are using the better off you will be. I would search google for optimization guidelines and see what you can come up with. Additionally, you want to make sure that over time you don't allow poor performance to creep back via changes, patches, and new software you install.

With that out of the way, audio drivers have been known to cause issues with frame rates. Try updating your audio drivers from the manufacturer website (not the vendor) to get the latest drivers.

You also might want to try changing from Full Screen to Full Window (or vice-a-versa) within MWO itself. My current 480x much prefers Full Window, but previous AMD cards had better frame rates at Full Screen.

Keep us up to date, please.

#25 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Not sure if still up to date, but some time ago (maybe 2 years) there were issues with the ingame HUD being made with flash and computers that had flash hardware accelaration enabled got a lot of performance problems.
Try to disable it and test if it is helpful.

Find a flash video (totally random flash video from the internet here: http://www.selb.de/2...flashvideo.html), right click preferences/settings/whatEverItIsCalledInYourLanguage and remove the tick.

#26 RedMechKnight

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

I also been trying hard to figure out how to incress FPS on MWO been stuck with 30-50FPS but depending where i am on the map it can drop down to 20FPS. any help be nice i give out my specs.

CPU: i7-3770k CPU 3.50hz
RAM: 16gig
64bit Windows 10
Video: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780 available memory 11+gig, dedicated memory 3gig, share 8gig.
current display mode: 1920x1080 32bit 60hz on a AOC 2757 running with HDMI cable.

i tried running Geforce experience saw no difference.
Tried running Razor Cortex saw no difference.

went on you tube and watched a video about Video settings so i got like post processing on medium effect on high blah blah no difference.

i tried triple buffering, v-sync and optimal threading both on and off and saw no difference still cant get out of the 30-50 range.

starting to think maybe i got viruses or bad malware slugging my comp down but idk. so yeah at wits end on how to make this work, because it be nice to do some video recording and make some MWO clips but when i record and drops my FPS to 20, that just not going to work.

#27 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

And all other games/apps running normally? Did you compare your 3D benchmarks with others to verify it's MWO not your system?

#28 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

Testing every setting on MWO 1 at a time is likely to be a pain.

Try a drop and keep the framerate showing, then try the same map in testing grounds, you will find testing grounds has a higher framerate but I am unsure how much higher, this could account for, I have heard of network issues causing framerate issues.

If the diferance between testing grounds and live game is not significant I would suggest setting all your settings to the lowest then doing a test run on your worst offending map

Take note of framerate, that is your control, now increase about a quater of the settings to medium, and play again, as simurly to the control as possible, set the settings back to low and put another few back to medium, repeat until you have tried all at medium, did one of the tests have significantly worse framerates than the others? If so try with just half of that group set to medium, then the other half, and continue narrowing it down until you find the offending setting(s)

Leave the offending settings low while trying the others at high and very high.

testing like that allows you to narrow down the proplem settings much quicker than going through each individual setting

#29 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

View Post7ye, on 29 December 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I've begun playing recently and my FPS is all over the place from 12-36.. drivers all up to date. This seems to be over my head. Is there something brutally obvious that I am missing here?? Would love to get this game running at 60FPS!

My setup is:

GPU- MSI R9 390 8G
CPU- i7 4790
16 GB RAM
750 Watt Power Supply
Windows 10 Home Edition

Any words of wisdom would be great!

Thanks.

Having a lower setup with an i5 and old Asus R9270X-DC2T-4GD5.
But getting 60-70FPS in match.

Your hardware is better than mine, likely be a setting or driver issue.
If you are using a Beta graphic driver, reinstall with a release version.
Try MWO on DX9 and DX11
Try MWO in Window or Fullscreen
Try out different Anti-Aliasing mode

Spoiler

#30 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ever since I went through the ******** of trying to upgrade my Video card, my recorded videos look really bad.

I'm at the end of the little wits I have.

I spent $500.00 on a $250.00 Computer and I have an upgraded power supply(yea) and I simply left the GTX 1070 card at the PC shop.

They are unwatchable...

#31 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

You could try tweaking your user config.

I found one for my laptop previously and it improved imensly.

I didn't find that one particular guide that explained each and every setting.
If you look around in the forums i'm sure you'll find the full guide somewhere.
But here you've some premade ones:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__3665318

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users