Half Life 3 Confirmed

20 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

Half Life 3 has a launch date finally! It has the same launch day as Star Citizen!

Edited by Johnny Z, 31 December 2016 - 02:46 AM.

#2 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Nice but not Mechwarrior related, shouldn't be here :P

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:03 AM

Star Citizen... I wonder just how many players from here had pledged money?

Edited by El Bandito, 31 December 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#4 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 31 December 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Half Life 3 has a launch date finally! It has the same launch day as Star Citizen!

Does that mean its going to be vapor ware just like Star Citizen too?

#5 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:27 AM

You even got me to look it up....

Posted Image

#6 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

Yes, and MWOnline is going to use it for it's engine too ;)

#7 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

I have the LEGIT copy of Half-Life 3 :^)

Posted Image

#8 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:25 AM

Posted Image

#9 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

Star Citizen now has an official theme song.

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

Posted Image

#11 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 December 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

Not even clever bait, either, Restos the Third, but...

he leans in closely, looking around to make sure that only he hears this.

...Half Life 3 *is* under development. Posted Image

#12 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

Wait wait, is Half-life 3 going to be MP and can I pay $1,000 or more to immediately get something that would take thousands of hours to earn in game.

So I'm not doing "P2W", I'm just spending real money to get a huge advantage over other players that I can leverage into a headstart that someone can't bridge unless they play thousands of hours more than me.

That's fine too though because we all know that people who spend money don't play as much as people that don't. Because if one person buys $1,000 of advantage and plays 100 hours a week and another player buys $50 and plays 100 hours a week the guy who paid more will have a headstart that will grow exponentially out of the gate, ensuring that if they are otherwise skill equal the guy who paid more will "won" way more.

So, he'll win more, because he paid more....

If only we had a term to describe that. It's not "P2W" because that's an awkward term with bad connotations. This is just letting you pay more to have advantageous content. Because someone else can get it in hundreds or thousands of hours of grinding (which I will be spending grinding as well, just with better gear so I'm winning more) it's totally the same.

I loved the idea of Star Citizen. I'll play the **** out of it on private servers. However as someone who was a GM on UO, AC, EQ and some other open PvP full loot games that never had a big following SC will be a catastrophic **** show. They sold any potential for a balanced MMO environment to fund the game and I'm willing to put cash money down betting player churn breaks 50% on the PU in its first quarter. I'm also willing to bet that the "fixes" for it will be compare to the NPE patch for SWTOR.

So unfortunate. Now the big fear is that they'll gimp modding and private servers to force traffic to the PU. All very unfortunate.

#14 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 31 December 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

If only we had a term to describe that. It's not "P2W" because that's an awkward term with bad connotations. This is just letting you pay more to have advantageous content. Because someone else can get it in hundreds or thousands of hours of grinding (which I will be spending grinding as well, just with better gear so I'm winning more) it's totally the same.

I usually go with Pay2Skip or "freemium", depending on how bad the grind is and how much of a disadvantage you have while grinding like WoT/WoW where most stock tanks/ships just suck until you get the XP for upgrades is an example.

#15 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

OP deserves a ban.

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostMadcatX, on 31 December 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

I usually go with Pay2Skip or "freemium", depending on how bad the grind is and how much of a disadvantage you have while grinding like WoT/WoW where most stock tanks/ships just suck until you get the XP for upgrades is an example.

Except it's full loot open PvP with leveled gear, so you're skipping hundreds of hours ahead. Not 10 hours, not 20, but 400, 500, 1,000 hours ahead and then playing directly against the people you've skipped ahead of. With everyone playing in an open universe for the same "prizes" it's pretty terrible.

Ah well. Like I said, private servers will be awesome.

#17 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostYellonet, on 31 December 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

OP deserves a ban.

Some of those aimbot hackers clearly hacked his account.

#18 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 31 December 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Except it's full loot open PvP with leveled gear, so you're skipping hundreds of hours ahead. Not 10 hours, not 20, but 400, 500, 1,000 hours ahead and then playing directly against the people you've skipped ahead of. With everyone playing in an open universe for the same "prizes" it's pretty terrible. Ah well. Like I said, private servers will be awesome.

We do need to keep in mind that WE are the consumers and this is a relatively recent business model in gaming..... If we don't like those particular attributes, we either 1. Don't play 2. Struggle because the fun of the experience is worth our time devoted to playing....

This is why I play MWO, and no other F2P titles.... I'm blindly devoted to the franchise!Posted Image (love, stevie wonder and ray charles)

#19 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

Have no fear Strattus, I do not believe they will see your post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:43 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 31 December 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Wait wait, is Half-life 3 going to be MP and can I pay $1,000 or more to immediately get something that would take thousands of hours to earn in game.

So I'm not doing "P2W", I'm just spending real money to get a huge advantage over other players that I can leverage into a headstart that someone can't bridge unless they play thousands of hours more than me.

That's fine too though because we all know that people who spend money don't play as much as people that don't. Because if one person buys $1,000 of advantage and plays 100 hours a week and another player buys $50 and plays 100 hours a week the guy who paid more will have a headstart that will grow exponentially out of the gate, ensuring that if they are otherwise skill equal the guy who paid more will "won" way more.

So, he'll win more, because he paid more....

I loved the idea of Star Citizen. I'll play the **** out of it on private servers. However as someone who was a GM on UO, AC, EQ and some other open PvP full loot games that never had a big following SC will be a catastrophic **** show. They sold any potential for a balanced MMO environment to fund the game and I'm willing to put cash money down betting player churn breaks 50% on the PU in its first quarter. I'm also willing to bet that the "fixes" for it will be compare to the NPE patch for SWTOR.

So unfortunate. Now the big fear is that they'll gimp modding and private servers to force traffic to the PU. All very unfortunate.

pssssst, hey sir, come over here, you might find interest in this horrendous overpriced crowbar skin.

Edited by Lily from animove, 02 January 2017 - 03:43 AM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users