#1 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

So I'm looking forward to this new mech. It will be the first mech I have brought that is new. Its a weird feeling buying something and then having to wait 3 months before you can use it. In that time you don't known its hit boxs or quirks if it is to have any. I'm hoping it brings a new unique play style. Still a shame none of the Models bring ecm or jumpjets to the field. Still it looks like a very attractive mech and it should be hopefully competitive in scouting mode as srm boat. What are your thoughts?

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

I'm personally going to pass unless LFEs get added and/or IS XL vs cXL balance is addressed.

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Eh, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on buying the Bushwacker myself. Huge nostalgia magnet for me, but there's a large probability it won't work out well in this game, especially considering the fact that IS XL engines are garbage.

#4 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Yes this an issue and if it was addressed more IS be viable. But I reckon this will be xl safe.

#5 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

When it's finally dropped for C-Bills, I think it will make a fine SRM/LB-X carrier. Could swing both ways XL wise.

The Bushwacker kind of makes me sad, as I probably wont be playing this game until it drops, which is a ways off. Just tried my hand at the Zeus. Took me 2 matches to remember why I hate assault mechs, and with nothing to grind in the Medium or Heavy class, I'm done.

Lame.

#6 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

I bought mine, because I find the hardpoints interesting and a good testbed candidate for new weapons if and when they are introduced.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostBombast, on 31 December 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

When it's finally dropped for C-Bills, I think it will make a fine SRM/LB-X carrier. Could swing both ways XL wise.

The Bushwacker kind of makes me sad, as I probably wont be playing this game until it drops, which is a ways off. Just tried my hand at the Zeus. Took me 2 matches to remember why I hate assault mechs, and with nothing to grind in the Medium or Heavy class, I'm done.

Lame.

I really hate the 3 month system. The game changes a decent amount balance-wise in a 3 month span, and player attitudes definitely change. I mean, when they eventually announce the Piranha/Kingfisher/Mad Cat MK 2, I'm going to have to wait THAT LONG to get them. It's stupid. I really wish they would just release the mech when they announced it.

#8 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 31 December 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

I really hate the 3 month system. The game changes a decent amount balance-wise in a 3 month span, and player attitudes definitely change. I mean, when they eventually announce the Piranha/Kingfisher/Mad Cat MK 2, I'm going to have to wait THAT LONG to get them. It's stupid. I really wish they would just release the mech when they announced it.

There's a lot of problems with this pre-order scheme they have going more pressing then the announcement periods.

It is pretty lame, though. What is it, 7 months from announcement to C-Bills? Granted, I know the entire games financial viability is basically contingent on selling 'Play it early' as having value, but still. Damn.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

One big question is how far the launchers are from each other. Missile convergence is very important in SRM duels.

Best SRM brawler variants seem to be the P1, which is behind additional paywall. S2 is the cheaper alternative.

#10 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 December 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

One big question is how far the launchers are from each other. Missile convergence is very important in SRM duels.

Best SRM brawler variants seem to be the P1, which is behind additional paywall. S2 is the cheaper alternative.

One would be hard pressed to put to use 6 missile hard points and a LB 10-X. Though a pure SRM brawler is an interesting prospect as well. Is there another medium Inner Sphere battlemech with 6 missile hardpoints that isn't a massive shot sponge like the Trebuchet?

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

Ish going to be shet. Unless they overquirk it. Or they introduce LFEs with other engine buffs. It'll be substandard flavor. It's a 55 tonner. With lots of ballistic points. You'll have to run XL to make use of them.

No buffs to mix load outs and we can't nerf boating any harder or people might actually start crying.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 31 December 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Ish going to be shet. Unless they overquirk it. Or they introduce LFEs with other engine buffs. It'll be substandard flavor. It's a 55 tonner. With lots of ballistic points. You'll have to run XL to make use of them.

No buffs to mix load outs and we can't nerf boating any harder or people might actually start crying.

Technically if one is good with twisting, the STs should be easy to shield form harm. Bit like a Crab.

#13 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 December 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Technically if one is good with twisting, the STs should be easy to shield form harm. Bit like a Crab.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. The Crab, but with guns and missiles. :0
Did you know the crab was the third mech I mastered?

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

Triple AC5/Dual AC10 Medium? Yes please.

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Gonna be an interesting little beasty to deal with in Scouting. The twin AC10 setups sound like they'd be all kinds of vicious for leg capping. :\

#16 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

I will most likely purchase the Bushy, that is when i'm done collecting Loyal Space marine scalps, Ava Dominus Nox!

#17 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

I am hoping that with this added Clans get the Stormcrow back, I mean sure the Nova,Huntsman,& Hunchback IIC's are good but we are already seeing they are matched evenly with Griffins and Hunchbacks. The Bushwacker imo will be a rival for the Stormcrow (not skillcrow, that thing is just a one trick lazy poney).

#18 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Big question is the shoulder-mounted missile launcher. It could be a huge bullet magnet and make using an XL a death sentence.
Other than that it has the potential to become a nice support Mech. With the exception of the shoulder launcher I expect good hitboxes (indeed, like the Crab's). The armament can be configured to help out the heavies in every situation. It will not be a killer Mech, though; not a Mech to carry a team. Perhaps it shines with lots of SRM but I have a hard time imagining it would be better than comparable Mechs in that role. 2x (U)AC/5 in the torso is also a promissing build, but again there might be better Mechs for that. A lot will depend on quirks.

I am sure it needs a lot of experimenting and thinking outside the box to make it work. I am looking forward to it. Posted Image

#19 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 01 January 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

Big question is the shoulder-mounted missile launcher. It could be a huge bullet magnet and make using an XL a death sentence.
Other than that it has the potential to become a nice support Mech. With the exception of the shoulder launcher I expect good hitboxes (indeed, like the Crab's). The armament can be configured to help out the heavies in every situation. It will not be a killer Mech, though; not a Mech to carry a team. Perhaps it shines with lots of SRM but I have a hard time imagining it would be better than comparable Mechs in that role. 2x (U)AC/5 in the torso is also a promissing build, but again there might be better Mechs for that. A lot will depend on quirks.

I am sure it needs a lot of experimenting and thinking outside the box to make it work. I am looking forward to it. Posted Image

Welcome to how the TBR feels, superior hit boxes as long as no missiles. Why destructible missile boxes would be nice for alot of mechs, not just the TBR and Bushwacker.

#20 moerker

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostBombast, on 31 December 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Lame.

I usually hated playing assaults aswell, crap torso twist and slow speed. LRM magnets and easy kills for pro-light players. But then i discovered Cyclops when i decided to start play again after like 2 years. The 10-Q with 7 SRMs doing 75km/h fully skilled is freakin amazing with mods on it and weapon mods. frequently doing 900-1100dmg games with this. Gotta play sneaky and ambush style. It twist is fine for 90tonner IMO. Freakin loving it :) Also Sleipnir is sweet with 4x UAC5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users