200 replies to this topic

#81 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 07 January 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

I usually don't care a whole lot about what PGI does considering their "early for money" model, but putting those pods behind a absolutely massive paywall for a whole goddamn year is nothing less but unacceptable, imo.

I'm ok with the other loyalty variants, because they don't add a whole lot to the game... The summoner pods lift the mech on a whole new level though, making it vastly superior to the arm PPC variant people without the biggest loyalty bonus have to use. That's a no go in my eyes.

I reinstalled yesterday after quitting last May when Overwatch came out. My first impression is the game is essentially unchanged but now there truly are some pay variants that are unquestionably better than the ones you can get via C-bills. The Loyalty Summoner is one, and I just read about the Cyclops Hero that can mount AC40 or dual Gauss in the torso.

Before, there was an Executioner variant with a Left Torso Energy slot that eventually went to Cbills after a few months. There have been other cases like that of course, but the loyalty Summoner and the Hero Cyclops are two "great variants" mechs that I am aware of that will always be ONLY available if you spend Real Money.

I've spent $500+ on the game already, so I am not opposed to spending money. However, the argument of Pay2Win never held much weight before.

View PostWarglbargl, on 07 January 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

I cannot wait until everyone has access to the loyalty pods.

The torrential outpouring of ermagherd summoner OP tears is going to be truly amazing.

Will they be available without spending cash?

#82 Balm

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

The omnipods needs to be made available to the general population. They are too powerful and too important. This is a clear case of 'pay to win', or maybe 'paid to win', since you can't even get them anymore.

This is a clear and easy fix for an existing imbalance.

Edited by Balm, 07 January 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#83 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Having finally tested PPC nip Summoners against other mechs, it really is no contest on what mech is the best poptart. The Summoner is hands down better than both the Timby and the Night Gyr to the point that there really isn't a good counter for it without mistakes being made by that pilot. While I would love to see these pods released so PGI can get better telemetry for just how broken it is, it really needs to be reigned in because these things are ridiculously powerful with their combination of speed, high mounts, good enough JJs, and DPS.

I would've searched for the old thread about this, but the search function for this forum sucks beyond belief.

Very true.

But....pgi... Just look to the Kodiak..... Expect every other aspect of the Summoner to get nerfed, and yet the Nipple Peeps will carry on. Why? Because that's how or balance overlords have always rolled.

#84 Warglbargl

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 07 January 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Will they be available without spending cash?

The loyalty variants will eventually be released as standard variants available for cbills.

Just need to wait..like, a year. lol.

#85 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

I ran a Night Gyr with dual nip PPC's, and ER large in the head and a gauss in the arm. I got 3 kills and 850 damage nicely.

My double PPC Timber always brings great results and I've seen people fit it with gauss.

The Summoner needs it's place as a good dual PPC'er. It's got nothing else to back it up (leaving the conversation of missiles aside). Leave it alone please :)
(I don't even use this mech but please don't ruin it for those who do).

I believe in this game one mech in the range whether it be IS or Clan need to have some goodies tuned towards PPC's.

#86 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Yikes. I see quite a bit of ignorance in this thread. If you can't see

1. ERPPC Summoner 3 variants are pretty darn awesome you either suck ... don't play the game ... or are just willfully ignorant if you can't see that. The loyalty variant is the best for obvious reasons ... high mounted weapon geometry.
2. The SRM Summoner is an amazing mech. The usual limitation is most pug matches don't engage at close range for much of any given match thus limiting its role.
3. To the guy who said something to the effect that JJ's on a brawl mech is stupid and a waste of tonnage. Ah ... the innocence of new players ... its sweet and touching to see. JJ's on brawl mechs are amazing ... just go see the Griffin 2N or 3M then get back to me. Scrub.

#87 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 05 January 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yeah, the Orion IIC is totally killing it right now and needs to be reigned in...

Leave him out of this, I love my Onion IICs

#88 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Would you hit it in the face with the nerf bat?

#89 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 12 January 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Would you hit it in the face with the nerf bat?

Eyeballs under its nipples. That is a terrifying image you put in my mind.

#90 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 12 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Eyeballs under its nipples. That is a terrifying image you put in my mind.

That was the goal >: D

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 12 January 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#91 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

2x ERPPCs is the only weapons it has and you wanna nerf it?

Do I need to remind you this a 70 ton mech carrying the weapons that a 45 ton mech (Shadow Cat) commonly uses?

#92 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 12 January 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Do I need to remind you this a 70 ton mech carrying the weapons that a 45 ton mech (Shadow Cat) commonly uses?

And yet, look what it does

I want to use it, and I don't like bad robots (which includes the SadCat, for me)

Edited by Mcgral18, 12 January 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#93 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Once the new Skill Tree comes out and you have to make sacrifices to get erPPC velocity quirks the Summoner will probably not be the king of the poptarts anymore. I will be mildly surprised if PGI bashes it before then unless the Skill Tree is delayed for months.

#94 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

Funny how easy it is to pull 1000 dmg with just two ppcs. Im now seeing atleast two of these every game.

#95 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 January 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Funny how easy it is to pull 1000 dmg with just two ppcs. Im now seeing at least two of these every game.

In the 99 matches you've played this month you say you two in every game??

I've only played around 20 or so matches this month and have seen only two dual erPPC Summoners besides myself. Most I see are still SRM brawlers or ALRM20+4 lasers of some type.

I've only gotten 1000 dmg two matches this month Posted Image

#96 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

The Shadow Cat has its output capped by heat issues. The Summoner does not.

#97 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 January 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Not to mention the armor and structure differences, and the quriks for the summoner. ;)

#98 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 January 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 12 January 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Not to mention the armor and structure differences, and the quriks for the summoner. Posted Image

The Shadow Cat has ECM and runs 40KPH faster. I would say the ability to stay hidden and reposition or close rapidly is worth some of that structure and armor. Not saying that the Summoner does not need to lose some velocity quirks just that the Shadow Cat can also be a pretty effective erPPC poptarter.

#99 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostRampage, on 12 January 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

The Shadow Cat has ECM and runs 40KPH faster. I would say the ability to stay hidden and reposition or close rapidly is worth some of that structure and armor. Not saying that the Summoner does not need to lose some velocity quirks just that the Shadow Cat can also be a pretty effective erPPC poptarter.

The ability to stay hidden at range and move faster only somewhat offsets the lack of armor. When you get shot in the SHC, you will feel it much more than you do in the SMN. It also does nothing to boost your damage output. It is very specifically the ability to continually pump out damage that makes the Summoner what it is.

I'm not saying the SHC is incompetent at pop-tarting, but it's not even as good at it as the HBK-IIC, let alone the Summoner.

#100 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

As someone that plays both the Shadow Cat (almost always with dual ER PPC sniper builds) and the loyalty hardpoint Summoners (almost always with dual ER PPC builds), I can confidently say the Summoners are far better.

Here's my stats in Shadow Cats:
48 battles, 28 wins, 20 losses (1.40 W/L, 58.33% W/R), 47 kills, 22 deaths (2.14 K/D, 0.98 Kills/Battle), 375 Damage/Battle

Versus in my loyalty Summoners:
100 battles, 66 wins, 33 losses (2.00 W/L, 66.67% W/R), 145 kills, 43 deaths (3.37 K/D, 1.45 Kills/Battle), 614 Damage/Battle

Just no comparison. I can pull off things in the Summoner I can't dream of doing in the Shadow Cat.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users