Inner Sphere Pilots, Stop Bringing Lrms To Fw (Title Edited By Mods)

258 replies to this topic

#61 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

One or 2 lurmers in a drop is fine(not my preference but can be dealt with), 5-6 which is what I have been seeing a lot of recently gimps your team.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 17 January 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#62 WarReaver

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

I love reading the whine, its so damned entertaining to me. If you don't want to deal with puggies bringing LRM's then go play private matches with your other leet buddies. The fact that apparently many people find value in a weapon system you detest is your problem not theirs

#63 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

A troll lurmer with 3 posts to his name.

Posted Image

#64 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 January 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Not going to waste tonnage helping someone be bad. I have to carry all the harder as it is and I can't shoulder the pugweight of lurming bads unless I'm full meta and on point, especially pugging. I just accept that a couple of my teammates are largely worthless, don't/won't understand how the game works and will probably blame their lower than average score and W/L while they sandbag their team match after match with bad robbits.

Bads gonna bad and have excuses why their being bad is justified. Everyone else will just carry them and try to ignore it when they accuse everyone else of hax, or say "tryhard" like being good or putting effort into something is an insult.

That's the reality of the game.

The reality is pugs are bring lrms

All those dont bring lrm threads are really helping

I choose to support them wid narc

#65 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

He's a Tier 1 that rarely uses LURMs. Meta builds are the true trolls. Masking the fact that half these "leet" people are just average skill level. Any idiot can do a ton of damage with a 2 Gauss/2 PPC build. *cough World Championship ******** cough*. Seriously if they were the best...I'm not impressed.

#66 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

i dont care i people bring lrms. not on a personal level. what gets me is there are a lot of people who complain that they always get stomped in CW, then turn around and start spouting about how lrms arent terrible and that they are really good. not only is this ridiculous (complaining that you lose when bringing sub-par weapons? lol) it then encourages anyone who reads it to do the same thing. that is why i post about lrms, because to many people complain they lose and then bring lrms.

#67 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

View PostRamrod AI, on 17 January 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

He's a Tier 1 that rarely uses LURMs. Meta builds are the true trolls. Masking the fact that half these "leet" people are just average skill level. Any idiot can do a ton of damage with a 2 Gauss/2 PPC build. *cough World Championship ******** cough*. Seriously if they were the best...I'm not impressed.

You mean using what works is better than using what doesn't work?

So if you build a shelf using a rock instead of a hammer, does that make you a great carpenter? Does it teach you better carpenter skills?

Or does it just make you a bad carpenter who doesn't understand how to use the right tools for the job?

There's nothing noble about making a poor choice in tools. It doesn't make you 'hardcore' or require more skill. It just limits your ability to apply skills to what you're trying to do.

There's no real profession where anyone is going to respect a choice to take poor tools to get work done, which is what we're talking about here. Skill and success in the game is how you play the match, winning or losing. The mech is the tool you bring. The mentality that somehow bringing bad tools makes you 'better' than people who bring good tools is pretty laughable on its face.

Nobody is going to be impressed by someone making poor choices in tools. What impresses people is the quality of work that you do. 'Meta builds' is just the name for 'the tools that work best'. It's that simple.

#68 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 January 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

Nobody is going to be impressed by someone making poor choices in tools. What impresses people is the quality of work that you do. 'Meta builds' is just the name for 'the tools that work best'. It's that simple.

Geezus bro, you getting real life and a game mixed up? i suggest you step back and realize this is a game.
People Log onto games to relax ,chill a bit get away from the reality of a hard day or whatever, probably swinging a hammer and doing a great job providing for them selfs and probably family.
If you are taking games that seriously then maybe..... well.
Dont be telling people what they can/cant do in a game or real life, dont like it thats your problem we dont all think games are you know real life or of any great importance, we have real lifes and a game is just that a game.
You guys need to get a grip on reality.

#69 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:46 AM

I like LBX's because they're direct fire LRMs.

#70 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:19 AM

My feeling is is that if you don't know how to use a weapons system to have a high probability of defeating a *single* opponent focusing *you* (think about that), then you probably need to get better at using said system before dropping solo in team play.

If you drop solo, no ones gonna have you're back for sure so you have to be able hold your own, or try to. I will take the onus off the system and put it on the pilot, is that fair? If you can't beat a comparable class mech 1v1 in the builds you dropping, why drop solo?

Careful, your answer may reveal more about your character than you care to admit...

#71 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 18 January 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Geezus bro, you getting real life and a game mixed up? i suggest you step back and realize this is a game.
People Log onto games to relax ,chill a bit get away from the reality of a hard day or whatever, probably swinging a hammer and doing a great job providing for them selfs and probably family.
Dont be telling people what they can/cant do in a game or real life, dont like it thats your problem we dont all think games are you know real life or of any great importance, we have real lifes and a game is just that a game.

save it man, as long as competition exist whether its a game or anything else people tend to want to excel.

#72 DrunkKodiak

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:10 AM

(Unpopular Opinion) I like lrm's though. I feel that its all about balance though and LRM boating is funny and with enough LRM's will blind the enemy. But more importantly I like LRM's because I'm primarily a 100 tonner so i need a weapon that i can spend a few tons on to deal damage before i get my slow mech into combat. I also think that LRM's (in small quantities) help cope with PUG games because it allows to you to deal damage regardless of positioning of the team.

Now this is a bad example of a balanced build (it probably only works because I'm in tier 2)
2xlrm 20 and 2xac20 king crab. Its a mindless build that allows me to dish out damage like only an assault can at any range so when my team undoubtedly leaves me behind, they'll be happy when I'm shredding armor from a distance and then coming in for the ole 'one, two' ac20 combo to clean up.

Just my two cents

First post, don't kill me please

#73 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Won't kill you...

Besides, that build can't even be classified as a missile boat as it only has about 50% dmg coming from lurms...

I don't begrudge fun, i think some feel that players taking their "fun" at the expense of teammates is the issue...

If you do it in QP it only affects people for prolly 8-10 minutes, most games... FP is much more of a time investment *and* players are locked into the match, unlike QP where you can join another match immedeately after one goes south.

I think that's the reason people get frustrated more than anything else. Loss of time.

Edited by MovinTarget, 18 January 2017 - 04:48 AM.

#74 Larendard

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:59 AM

I'm a casual player, i use lrms on some mechs, i don't care what you so called professionals think, so please whine some more - hugs & kisses ;-)

#75 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:16 AM

Now this is a bad example of a balanced build (it probably only works because I'm in tier 2)

Remember, this thread is about Faction Play on the IS side where there is no MM. IS teams rarely have ECM (most mechs are sub-optimal) vs Clan teams with decent/excellent ECM mechs that are almost always brought. Most IS will rarely fire their LRMS for suppression, ie firing at the ground in front or near the enemy when they are not able to get locks, instead they are generally way in the back waiting for locks with no LOS. Even funnier when they have ALRM since they are not even benefiting from Artemis 99% of the fight.

#76 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

View PostLarendard, on 18 January 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I'm a casual player, i use lrms on some mechs, i don't care what you so called professionals think, so please whine some more - hugs & kisses ;-)

I just so happened to make a post about this the other day.

"More so than any other game I've ever played, MWO has an overabundance of people and resources willing to help. But in stark contrast, it also has a shockingly large portion of the population who is not just unwilling to improve, they revel in their lack of skill and wear it like a religious icon on their collective sleeve."

#77 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

This is one of the places where PGI could improve FP-invasion immedeately with just two small changes.

1) You have to be at least in a group of 2 to drop invasion
2) No Trial Mechs

I know they want to get as many players as possible into FP and I don't blame them, however, since there is no "attunement" process, you get a lot of issues with people going rambo or zoning out or bringing lrms to attack on Grim Portico...

If you require them to be in a group, there is a better chance that those that drop are going to have at least one person coordinated with them, or possibly even feeling responsible for their play to that one person. Also, that means unless the trolls group up, they'll not have anyone that wants to group up with them. Will there be trolls and solo-acts that try to slip in anyway? sure, but we'll learn their names soon enough and keep them from joining our groups unless there is an agreement of coordination. I'm not being elitist, I'm stating that if I want to play a teamwork-based game, I'd like teamwork, LRMs or no LRMs.

Now, if they can't field a Trial-free deck, then there is a good chance they haven't played enough to be able to buy mechs and are probably not ready for FP...

My point is that CW/FP was supposed to be end-game content, but since *anyone* can do it and there is no MM, there is no motivation for people the learn to work with others to reap the benefits.... It just takes them longer to get the same rewards and apparently they are ok with that.

Edited by MovinTarget, 18 January 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#78 Inappropriate1

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Jawohl Mein Führe!!!!! Ve do vat you order! LONG LIVE THE LEADER SNAZZY!! (Marshal Music in the background.)

#79 LTG Renner

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

I see a lot of wining, I'm just wondering if i could get some cheese...

#80 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 18 January 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Except this is a game involving other people. I get that you're trying to say everyone else is obligated to put up with someone being a selfish incompetent nitwit because it's a game but this is a MP game. If you go to the park and decide that you want to cover 3 benches with your personal stuff, yes, it's just the park - however you've elected to go into a shared public space and do things that muck up everyone elses experience.

So if someone comes into a MP PvP team v team game and just wants to derp, then comes to FW and play badly why in the world do they deserve any respect or consideration? Sure, they can do what they want. You can take up extra seats, be obnoxious in public and be a rude, selfish prat in a variety of ways. I'm sure lots of people get a sort of sense of power in forcing other people to put up with their incompetence. That's not unique to games by any stretch.

If you don't want to deal with other people play a SP game. Don't want to worry about your impact on the team, go play QP. FW is the most team-centric part of the game which is a PvP team v team game to begin with. So if someone wants to intentionally be worthless, well, whatever. Just a game. However they are owed 0 respect or consideration as they are showing none. Anyone and everyone is well within their rights to call them out on it.

Someone who is new or inexperienced deserves plenty of help and consideration. We were all new once. However someone who's derping (be that bad loadouts or going Rambo or whatever) and says "Eff you I do wut I want" is electing to screw their team for their own entertainment.

How in the world is anyone else obligated to put up with that? Sure, they can do that. Anyone can go to a public environment and be a *****. Nobody is required to just ignore it.

Not like we're barging into their SP game experience. They elected to go into a PvP (which means competition) team v team (which means you're impacting other peoples game) environment, then opt into the most team-centric oriented part. Of course they're going to get called out and mocked.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users