#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 January 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Monpax does pretty damn well in his K2, to be fair.

I believe you but haven't noticed him. Euro times?

#22 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

It is just not a very good mech. The role it was designed for doesn't translate to MWO very well but if you do want to play that role the Adder does it better. The ACH is far superior for the same tonnage so it doesn't even have a niche in CW to fill out a dropdeck. The only thing it can do that is even slightly interesting or unique is 3x AMS and ECM to play a support role, but really the tem would be better of 9 times out of 10 with a better damage dealer than with the AMS or ECM.

#23 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

We should hit it with another blanket nerf cuz clan tech is stupid OP.

#24 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 09 January 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I like how you are penalized in structure bonus on the legs for spending 2 tons on jumpjets that give barely any left, on a platform that can't really poptart too well.

Thanks PGI

#25 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

Shi-- I Mean Kit Fox. How To Play It Effectively?

ask "fox with a shot gun" he seems to do pretty good in his

#26 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

7 SPL, ECM, and JJs worked well enough for me in casuals. Nasty little ambusher/spotter, even on polar.

#27 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 09 January 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

7 SPL, ECM, and JJs worked well enough for me in casuals. Nasty little ambusher/spotter, even on polar.

OP said he doesn't have a Purifier. Too bad as it revolutionized the chassis. Literally the only build it didn't improve was the splat build.

#28 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostTercieI, on 09 January 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

OP said he doesn't have a Purifier. Too bad as it revolutionized the chassis. Literally the only build it didn't improve was the splat build.

More than doesn't have one, he doesn't want one. Agreed. Too bad. He's missing out. Similar to having all other Jenners and no Oxide, the playstyles are quite different and enjoyable with the options unlocked.

#29 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

I'm going to give you a build that works very well for me. Play it like a Medium 'mech that has less armor. Use your teammates for cover, attack targets that have their attention on your bigger allies. It's not gonna take much damage but it sure is good at dealing it.

KFX-PRIME

#30 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostMole, on 09 January 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm going to give you a build that works very well for me. Play it like a Medium 'mech that has less armor. Use your teammates for cover, attack targets that have their attention on your bigger allies. It's not gonna take much damage but it sure is good at dealing it.

KFX-PRIME

Good build. Could also be modified to include 2 more MGs and JJs. ERMeds are also an option to include more heatsinks + range. IMO JJs are so important, it's the one thing besides ECM that differentiates stock Kitfox and Adder. It gets you to hard to reach places and shoot from there.

#31 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostOberost, on 09 January 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

Ask Fox With A Shotgun. He plays really well with the Kit Fox.

He's been known to carry teams in it, this usually happens when he's on the other side.

He's also been known to have bad games in it also, this only ever happened when he was on my side.

but yeah he's one of the few people I've dropped with can play them well consistantly

#32 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostNighthawK1337, on 09 January 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Good build. Could also be modified to include 2 more MGs and JJs. ERMeds are also an option to include more heatsinks + range. IMO JJs are so important, it's the one thing besides ECM that differentiates stock Kitfox and Adder. It gets you to hard to reach places and shoot from there.

It runs pretty hot, so I don't view the addition of 2 more MGs worth the loss of the heat sink that I'd have to take out to get them. The same goes for the extra jumpjets. As far as ERMLs go, I've tried playing my Kit Fox as a longer range harasser/sniper. It gets out-traded really easily and I've just never had any luck with it. I like to stick close to the heels of a friendly assault or heavy and support them in close range brawls with my MGs and MPLs. You only want to engage in a Kit Fox when you are going to be the low-priority target that is going to be largely ignored until your larger team mates have fallen. When it goes right, you can inflict some absolutely brutal damage with the thing.

#33 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 09 January 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I so want to hit this post with a like. Posted Image

sadly a lot of people around here would think i'm being serious Posted Image

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Um, my only tips for the Cute Fox:

1) Must use the Kitfox-C's right arm all day every day for the ECM.

2) You need JJs from any part of the Kitfox-S side torso or legs set. You only really need 1 of the omnipods.

3) Pretend you're a fragile medium, like the Vindicator.

4) ?????

5) Do teh Cute Fox smile. I mean, profit.

Edited by Deathlike, 09 January 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#35 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

It's pretty much a two trick pony.

trick one ECM + long range weapons

Trick two 3x AMS ECM and streaks used as a babysitter for direwhales and the like.

unfortunatley some of the better builds for this mech do require the Purifier's side torsos so that's a 10 dollar paywall.

#36 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

One of my favorite loadouts for the Kitfox is to have ECM, one AMS, a large pulse, one SRM 6 and one SRM 4. It's worked well for me and I usually average around 400-600 damage per match with it. A lot of people get down on the Kit Fox, and they really shouldn't. It just doesn't fit into the "current meta." Bah! One of my unit members plays Kit Foxes exclusively and he has really mastered it to the point that he's very dangerous.

Think of the Kit fox as an "assault" version of a light - with jump jets. It doesn't have a ton of speed, but can carry a pretty hefty payload for it's size. Add in Jump Jets, and the possibility of running three AMS systems at once, well, it can be pretty fun to pilot!

Good luck! :)

#37 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

My best luck with the CuteFox?

ECM, 3x ERML (with cooldown module), 3x AMS (with AMS overload module), ~4 tons of AMS ammo, some jets.

Just make friends with whoever is under enemy fire and add to their firepower.

#38 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

I know nothing about the Kit Fox, but I know someone who does:

Kanajashi chose it as his Light Mech for his Steam F2P series. Worth a look for builds and gameplay.

#39 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

There isn't a single day that passes without the Kit Fox being called a Sh*tfox. And that makes a certain fox very sad.

PURIFIER 719 467 249 1.88 1,245 391 3.18 354,638 1,108,893

719 drops, 1.88 WLR, 3.18 KDR. 355k damage, or ~493 damage a match on the KFX-PR. The Kit Fox is not a bad mech. It is, however, extremely demanding on the pilot as far as situational awareness and positioning goes. If you cannot position yourself, predict enemy movements and react before they even move, you are not going to have a good time with it. Your slow speed will make sure that you get mangled if you are caught out of position. That is guaranteed.

Most of this is done without the Purifier ST pods. As much as people love to say that the high mount ears are power creep because of their position, I'd say it's not. The Kit Fox, owing to its extremely undersized engine, has horrendous torso pitch rate. Couple this with its below-average torso pitch range, and you will find yourself with a lot of frustration aiming at things above and below you at long range. Sure, it's nice to be able to shoot and not hit terrain in the process, but what's the point if you're either going to hit the ground (PPCs come to mind) or scratch paint and then hit the ground (ERLL, LPL)? Those ST pods are best used for brawl builds (4 flamer, 4 SRM6; 8 SPL; 8 ERSL) rather than sniper builds, which benefit more from the improved structure and cooling provided by KFX-C STs.

The Kit Fox does not benefit from long burn durations. At all. It suffers greatly from having one of the absolute worst hitboxes for avoiding damage (note: it also spreads damage like a boss, owing to this same defect, and thus becomes easy-to-damage-but-hard-to-kill), so you want to keep face time to a minimum regardless. ERLLs and even LPLs are not very good options for it. ERPPCs come to mind, as the arms help with faster aiming than torso mounts while keeping face time to less than a second or two while minimising spread of damage (if you have good aim).

Here are a few builds to start you off on your journey of Kit Fox enlightenment. Note that with the exception of the KFX-C RA, all KFX arms have +20 armor. This means that it can effectively save on 1 whole ton just from the armour quirks on the arms.

SplatFox Classic SRM6x4 SplatFox, 700 ammo, 13 heatsinks. Keep a cool shot or two handy.

KFX-C 1 C-ERPPC, ECM, 2 C-ERSL, 14 DHS and TComp III.

Due to the quirks on a full set of KFX-C pods, you end up with +10% Energy Range/Cooldown/Heat reduction. ERSL helps with putting some damage at short range if push comes to shove, and TComp III helps you to make use of that extra range on the ERPPC. 972m optimal range on an ERPPC is a real blast!

Lefty BlasterFox 2 C-ERPPC, 14 DHS.

Again, full set of KFX-C pods give you some good quirks on the KFX. The arm is slightly lower than the right side, but convergence is god tier for these PPCs, regardless of where you aim. They will *always* hit the exact same component. Always. The two PPCs are side-by-side like a double barrel shotgun. Being slightly lower and on the left side, it can be a little difficult to use; you will need to master the art of Free Look aiming to get the most use out of this. PGI, please let us hide the battlegrid. It really does get in the way T.T

Another benefit of this build is that the RT and RA literally have nothing in them. Deadside like a boss, and laugh as you only lose a bit of speed and 2 DHS worth of cooling when they finally manage to burn through all the struct and armor.

Righty BlasterFox 2 C-ERPPC, 14 DHS.

KFX-S RA is cockpit level, so you'll hit a lot less terrain with this build. Convergence is still god-tier, owing to its over-under double barrel shotgun layout for the PPCs.

Also, if you are going to do BrawlFox, it is always good to remember this:

Two mechs go in, One mech comes out. And it better be yours.

If you ever engage in a Kit Fox to brawl, you better damn well kill the enemy mech. Because if you don't, you're toast. There is no 'try' on a brawling Kit Fox; you either do, or you die. Just remember that if the Adder is the Direwhale of the lights, the Kit Fox is the Warhawk of the lights. You are not a featherweight when it comes to delivering punches; hit them like you really mean it.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 09 January 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#40 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 09 January 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

I don't have the power creep torsos for the 4E high mounts so don't suggest that. I'm not throwing $10 at a light mech.

But how do you make this mech do work? Adder I can do because it's got a lot more punch, but kit fox is a rough experience for me so far. Any advice?

Dakka Fox - UAC10 (3t) + 2x ERML

Incognito Dakka Fox - UAC10 (3t) + 2x ERSL + ECM

Close-Encounters Kit-Fox - 3x AMS (2.5t) + ECM + PPC + 2x SRM4 (2t)

Incognito Plinking Kitfox - ECM + 2x UAC2 (4t)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users