• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

Posted Image

Hello MechWarriors! <o

The [CWX] 1v1 Tournament is back!

Our unit aims to enhance and enrich players’ experiences through a strong sense of community, and to facilitate connections between pilots with shared goals, whether the goals are casual, competitive, or anywhere in between.

We are applying those goals with the support of lots of great members of the community in hosting our second free-to-enter 1v1 tournament. It will take place on Saturday the 21st of January, 2017 at 1200 PST. The tournament will feature a simple best-of-three single-elimination format with bigger prizes than last time, and more of them! Every participant will receive two (2) 24-hour Premium Time codes and 1 entry into a raffle for a Bushwacker standard pack!

Prizes include:

7500 MC for 1st place (Tier 1)
5000 MC for 2nd place (Tier 1)
3500 MC for 3rd place (Tier 1)
Varying MC prizes for the TOP competitor of each Tier other than T1
There will be additional quirky in-game challenges for all participants ; more details in the "rules" link below.

The tournament will be broadcast live on https://Twitch.TV/CerridwynsKeep.

Registration for the tournament is completely free!

Register now!

Rules

Discord is required for ease of coordination. It is free and easy to use. Signup and Download here

CWX Community Discord Server

We hope to see you all there!

Edited by CerridwynsKeep, 12 January 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

Can't wait to be totally smashed :D

#3 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

Nice

Registered.

See you on the battlefield!

#4 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:48 AM

H Y P E

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

I participated in the last one, and it was an awesome event, albeit dominated by 228 guys. I'm gonna try to rally up (MS) so that there will be more variety. Posted Image

Casters did an awesome job.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 January 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#6 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

I think the Warhawk-C(C) duels on Steiner with no skills is the way to go, personally, after my duels with Shiroi. Balanced matchup, the map is hot but not too terribly so, the build has good range mixes and can skirmish up close, and it's crammed with enough DHS for backing off into terrain to cool down to be viable-- it doesn't take a year to go from 80% back to 0% like it can on some other builds. It's maneuverable and fast and side peeks well enough-- and the warhawk will melt under improper twisting. It really puts you through your paces to keep it alive and from overheating.

#7 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Registering...as soon as I make sure wife did not make plans for that day.

Suggestion for next time: Maybe set some standard non-meta loadouts as the choices. Allow players to tweak armor/heat sinks/engine size. Would feel more tournament like than whoever gets off the first near instagib lazor meta alpha. Would love to go toe-to-toe with others in Dragons.

#8 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Events like this our great for the community. I hope this is a roaring success and continues to grow. Props to the organizers for the initiative to put forth the idea and putting in the work to make it happen.

#9 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

an Tournament live on Twitch... you have an new Follower on Twitch <3

#10 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Sounds pretty awesome! Unfortunately i don't have time that day, but best of luck to the participants!

#11 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

Damn that looks really fun! Unfortunately I'll be traveling that weekend - what a shame!

#12 CerridwynsKeep

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 12 January 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Registering...as soon as I make sure wife did not make plans for that day.

Suggestion for next time: Maybe set some standard non-meta loadouts as the choices. Allow players to tweak armor/heat sinks/engine size. Would feel more tournament like than whoever gets off the first near instagib lazor meta alpha. Would love to go toe-to-toe with others in Dragons.

You can play whatever you want as long as you and your opponent agree upon each other's choice. The trial Warhawk is just a backup, in case the pilots can't come to a tonnage agreement.

#13 CerridwynsKeep

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 12 January 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Sounds pretty awesome! Unfortunately i don't have time that day, but best of luck to the participants!

View PostAphexTwin11, on 12 January 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Damn that looks really fun! Unfortunately I'll be traveling that weekend - what a shame!

Bummer you guys can't make it, but not to worry- there will be more of these in the future! <o

#14 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 12 January 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

I think the Warhawk-C(C) duels on Steiner with no skills is the way to go, personally, after my duels with Shiroi. Balanced matchup, the map is hot but not too terribly so, the build has good range mixes and can skirmish up close, and it's crammed with enough DHS for backing off into terrain to cool down to be viable-- it doesn't take a year to go from 80% back to 0% like it can on some other builds. It's maneuverable and fast and side peeks well enough-- and the warhawk will melt under improper twisting. It really puts you through your paces to keep it alive and from overheating.

Definitely agree!

#15 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Neat.

Wait... doesn't the stadium require premium time?

Posted Image

Well, have fun folks.

#16 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostBombast, on 12 January 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Neat.

Posted Image

Well, have fun folks.

Actually, if two spectators with premium time are slotted in, two people without premium time can play. Pain to organize but there's a way around it.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 12 January 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#17 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

One thing I noticed last time was that there were lots of new players being matched up against top players in their first match where they got smashed (Hard)!. They were defeated so hard that most of them did not even stayed around for the T2-3-4 matches.

As a small suggestion, after the registration are closed, you can use the leaderboard data (as far as the past 2-3 seasons) to come up with your own rating for individual pilots. (W/L, K/D, and average match score).
Then You can make the first match a good experience for participants.

The casting was great. It was exciting!

Edited by Navid A1, 12 January 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#18 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

I will not be playing (I iz potata pilot), but I think things like this are great, and I will try and tune in.

Thanks to the units/players putting on these types of events!

#19 CerridwynsKeep

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostBombast, on 12 January 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Neat.

Posted Image

Well, have fun folks.

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 12 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Actually, if two spectators with premium time are slotted in, two people without premium time can play. Pain to organize but there's a way around it.

One person per team is required to have premium time. This (in addition to prize and participation reward distribution) is why we ask for your email in the registration. If you are participating, you will receive (1)24 hr Premium time code (via email) to use for the event. <3 We didn't forget about you.

Edited by CerridwynsKeep, 12 January 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#20 CerridwynsKeep

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 January 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

One thing I noticed last time was that there were lots of new players being matched up against top players in their first match where they got smashed (Hard)!. They were defeated so hard that most of them did not even stayed around for the T2-3-4 matches.

As a small suggestion, after the registration are closed, you can use the leaderboard data (as far as the past 2-3 seasons) to come up with your own rating for individual pilots. (W/L, K/D, and average match score).
Then You can make the first match a good experience for participants.

The casting was great. It was exciting!

View PostSiegegun, on 12 January 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I will not be playing (I iz potata pilot), but I think things like this are great, and I will try and tune in.

Thanks to the units/players putting on these types of events!

Unlike last time, this tournament is split into FIVE sections- one for each Tier. Tier 5 pilots will only be competing against other Tier 5 pilots, T4 against T4, and so on. (All of this information is in the "rules" link above) <3

Edited by CerridwynsKeep, 12 January 2017 - 02:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users