• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

View PostSidefire, on 13 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

You do know that the HAG is basically the horrible love child of a gauss rifle and an LRM, right? It fires however many projectiles it's rated at at one damage per shot. So a HAG20 fires 20 1 damage shots. Actually hitting anything with them is going to be a pain in the ***.

Negative, not a Gauss/ LRM, sorry, but that statement is ridiculous. I play Clan in the Tabletop, with appropriate honor, and HAGs are a wonderful weapon system... when they are not exploding...

This weapon is far more akin to a LB-X - Gauss hybrid. A HAG-40 is devastatingly effective... not that a Gargoyle can hope to mount one... The Gargoyle M is fun by the way, with a HAG-20, ERPPC, and 3 SRM 2s.

Edited by Black Lanner, 14 March 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#22 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

I'm hoping the new weapons will get us the Gargoyle Conal. It'd be nice to finally have a torso with weapons in it and ECM to help it excel at close quarters combat. Does that kind of suggestion belong in a specific thread?

#23 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 12 January 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'm a huge fan of the gargoyle but with the complete lack of side torso hard points and the low tonnage available for weapons, coming up with builds isn't as easy on this mech.

Please share your builds here so the gargoyle enthusiasts can have a new load out list with consideration to the current quirks!

6 small lasers and 6 small pulse on the D variant. or 6 small lasers and 5 small pulse on the Prime. You need a lot of armor in the arms and don't forget to front load the armor in the side torsos and center torso. The rest is heat sink allocation.

#24 TheRealBrightNoa

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

So the last post was a few months ago but I feel it's warranted after the SPL nerf in last month's patch. I was really bummed because regardless of the meta drawbacks of the Gargoyle it is one of my favorite mechs to run in the PUG queue. The speed and armor bonuses are my weapons of choice in this case. Post nerf I was floundering for about a week trying to recapture my combat effectiveness and landed on this build: GAR-D

Now this smurfy build doesn't appear to reflect the HUGE armor bonuses in this arm pods (86 POINTS!!!). Beautiful for this twisty brawler build.

I am completely inept when it comes to meta analyses, I simply have my experience in the field to go of and this build absolutely shreds in the short game.

As stated before, if you're caught out alone you are in tremendous trouble. However, stick with one other assault and you won't be focused, work your way around the flank of any larger mech and they are mince.

Just my uninformed two cents, love this mech and I will always find a way to make it work for me.

#25 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostTheRealBrightNoa, on 04 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

So the last post was a few months ago but I feel it's warranted after the SPL nerf in last month's patch. I was really bummed because regardless of the meta drawbacks of the Gargoyle it is one of my favorite mechs to run in the PUG queue. The speed and armor bonuses are my weapons of choice in this case. Post nerf I was floundering for about a week trying to recapture my combat effectiveness and landed on this build: GAR-D

The build looks very interesting, I'll be testing it out for sure. The only adjustment I would make is to switch the SRM 6s for SRM4 +ARTEMIS just because the spread on the 6's are atrocious.

A build I've found myself running a lot lately is 6 small lasers in the right arm, 4 small lasers in the left, medium pulse and TC 1 in the CT and the rest is heat sinks. There is the option to switch out a heat sink or two so you can stick AMS on there, which I have been considering more and more as the small lasers really build heat slowly on this build.

#26 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Here's what I use when I'm running my clan alt: GAR-A

Edited by Karl the Plumber, 21 July 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#27 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

Small update here courtesy of the new E variant that was just released and the requirking of the mech.

The stock Gargoyle-E is an excellent build that can really deliver damage effectively, especially in the 120-500 meter range. In order to improve the heat dissipation and add additional armor, downgrading the ATM-12 to an ATM-9, removing one ton of armor provides tonnage for both armor and heat sinks, downgrading the Streak-6 to a Streak 4 adds a little more, and finally upgrading the mirco lasers to ER smalls will help provide range to match the Streak-4 range and provide a bit more damage.

I also recommend looking at the the armor quirks for all the variants again. As I understand it, each variant with no CT hard points has gained 20 points of armor, helping its durability significantly.

#28 nUUUUU

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

Er Small boat Anyone try this yet? You have 16 Er smalls, which is a lot no doubt. The idea is to stagger them in groups of 3 and then chainfire all when hot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users