• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

nice personal jab thrown in their.

Still trash engine

The earths atmosphere is made up of a very thin layer of gas, which is comprised of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 0.8 argon, and traces amounts of other gases. all those are facts that I acknowledge so your statement is false.

True. To some it is a trash engine, however, in the long run it'll give us options. Don't forget there're other engines to consider as well as other technologies like the XL Gyroscope, Compact Heat Sinks, and Compact Cockpit, and this also includes Internal Combustion Engine, like the Roughneck coming to the game soon enough.

If the Light Engine is added, it will give the Inner Sphere a slight advantage, due to the fact, it will not take up a lot of space.

Example:

Light 2 Crit Spaces RT/LT
XL 3 Crit Spaces RT/LT

All I'm saying is this. . . it gives us Inner Sphere Player more options, and if they add the Compact engine, then it'll mean we Inner Sphere players will have a bit longer lifespan in battle. We'll just have to see what shakes loose in the coming months.

I know this, and if I'm right, the Inner Sphere will be getting Targeting Computers.

#62 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

No charge-up for Light Gauss. Really, 12 tons, 8 damage. If MWO can't balance the canon operation (no charge up) of the Light Gauss Rifle do not advance the timeline.

#63 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

@Blood Wolf: I am not so sure about that. The IS will get most of the weapons the Clans have now. A little worse on paper.

But in the end it depends on what PGI does about IS Streak reload and IS Ultra AC burst or pinpoint.

ER Medium Lasers will have less range and do less damage, but they still are one ton and one crit. Probably they will get less beam duration compared to the Clan variant and in the end be relatively even.

I think Heavy Laser, Heavy Gauss, ATM and MRM launcher are all very promising. The light Gauss not so much. It weights 12 tons, deals half the damage of a regular Gauss Rifle and has a bit less range, but you also save some weight because it gets double the shots per ton of ammo.

Edit:
@Lightfot: Since the Light Gauss has a minimum range just like the standart Gauss Rifle they will probably give it a charge mechanism to stay consistent. But probably less cooldown and maybe shorter charge time. That would be in line with the ACs in my opinion.

Edited by Duvanor, 13 January 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#64 PaddyG

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 13 January 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

IS will probably get:
Full range of Ultra ACs. (Will IS Ultras be burst or do they get pinpoint Ultra 20s?)
Full range of LB-X and ER Lasers as well.
Heavy Gauss and Light Gauss.
Medium Range Missiles.
Maybe Rotary Autocannons. (3062. would be necessary for Templar and Argus)
Maybe C3 networks. (C3 systems seem mandatory for many IS Omnimech variants. But their effect should be fairly different from tabletop since our Mechs are capable of doing most things a C3 would do)

Full range of Lbx and Ultra autocannons would be an awesome addition for IS customization!

Also, clan R-AC's and HAG's would be intense. With the development of both designs around 3069 mark... sounds like 3060+ to me haha!

All this speculation has me stoked to see whats in the pipelines. I doubt we'll get half of whats on that list, but anything PGI does to add diversity on the battlefield is good news to me. Props on committing to making this happen PGI Posted Image

#65 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

It would be awesome to see these two great mechs go head to head:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

If the Light Engine is added, it will give the Inner Sphere a slight advantage, due to the fact, it will not take up a lot of space.

Example:

LFE 2 Crit Spaces RT/LT
is XL 3 Crit Spaces RT/LT
cXL 2 Crit Spaces RT/LT

How exactly does it give IS a slight advantage with the LFE? The LFE will work well for the "competitive" mechs, using the same equipment but have a speed somewhere between STD and isXL. A durable isXL would most benefit the outlier mechs, those that can not "boat" weapons but generally use 2 out of 3 weapon systems, and the weapons a mix of 1 long range weapon, if that, and a gaggle of short range weapons, weapons that do not come close to cERML range (except for extreme quirked) and definitely not the damage.

Majority of IS tech is heavier than Clan tech, never mind bulkier for comparative weapons. Unlike Clan mechs, majority of the performance mechs rely on energy weapons with quirked mechs. The isUAC10 will be one shining light but it is still heavy, almost Gauss Rifle weight, while the isERML is simply a quirked ML as the base value does the same damage but slightly longer range and heat increase.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 January 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#67 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostPaddyG, on 13 January 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Full range of Lbx and Ultra autocannons would be an awesome addition for IS customization!

Also, clan R-AC's and HAG's would be intense. With the development of both designs around 3069 mark... sounds like 3060+ to me haha!

All this speculation has me stoked to see whats in the pipelines. I doubt we'll get half of whats on that list, but anything PGI does to add diversity on the battlefield is good news to me. Props on committing to making this happen PGI Posted Image

I would like to have that stuff as well. But since it is not in Technical Readout 3060 and 3067 I'd be surprised to see those weapons. I mean, PGI already took some things from beyond the current timeline, so it is possible there will be Mechs from TRO 3075. But then again we should perhaps not expect too much and keep in mind that more weapons also means more balancing. I'm not too sure I want to deal with too much new stuff at the same time.

Edited by Duvanor, 13 January 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#68 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

Another patch, another f*ck you to the Clans. Why am I not surprised. And yes, it seems that those who work at PGI have never heard the word "buff". If they feel like they need to bring IS and Clan XL engines closer together, then the ONLY way to do it is by nerfing the Clans...

#69 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

How exactly does it give IS a slight advantage with the LFE?

by not taking up too much space in the Right and Left Torsos.

#70 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

Seriously, in lore, Clans had about 300 years to improve on Star League tech, but they barely improved much at all compared to how much real world tech improved from the 1700s to today. Yes, I know, even the Star League exiles fought amongst themselves after Kerensky (senior) died, but still it was relatively peaceful compared to the IS. Also, apparently all the good engineers left with Kerensky, because the IS factions could not reverse engineer tech to save their lives.

#71 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

Reducing clan cooling efficiency is totally equal to instant death from ST on Inner Sphere mechs.

#72 Ink Sikes

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

I may have missed it but I'd like to see an arena style map for duels or team vs. team with equal terrain advantage. Other than that I'm interested to see how all of these implementations go. 2017 and 2018 are big years in the BATTLETECH fandom for sure.

#73 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostHawk819, on 13 January 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

by not taking up too much space in the Right and Left Torsos.

Yes, LFE is just a lighter standard engine that takes up a bit more space, so no CT lasers :-(, but you can still lose both side torsos and live (and not have a heat dissipation penalty).

View PostSmithMPBT, on 13 January 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Reducing clan cooling efficiency is totally equal to instant death from ST on Inner Sphere mechs.

Clan cooling efficiency in this game is already incredibly nerfed compared to lore / tabletop.

View PostInk Sikes, on 13 January 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

I may have missed it but I'd like to see an arena style map for duels or team vs. team with equal terrain advantage. Other than that I'm interested to see how all of these implementations go. 2017 and 2018 are big years in the BATTLETECH fandom for sure.

You can duel on the Steiner Colosseum map in private matches, it is quite fun, I practice legging my unitmate all the time on that map.

#74 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

well, i am disappointet. Not even the Clans get another Nerf *Tada!* after Nerfs before (UACs, Falloff for Large P., less Tonnage for Drops, no 55t Mech in Scouting,...) we dont get the Firemoth. This Mech was realy needed as a counter for the realy tough Locust and would fill a gap we still have. But we need another IS Light... :( . Additionaly we "get" another Clan Heroes which brings "unique" Hardpoints/Omnipods which are so powerfull that you need them for maximize the performance of your "old" Omni Mechs (for example have a look to the Purifier/Kit Fox Heroe with his 4 Energy HPs in Torsos). Sry, but it has a bad taste of Pay to Win in my humble opinion.

#75 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

3.... THREE Clan light mechs in the current time line where I would have gone for a collector pack instantly - Fire Moth, Locust IIc and Piranha. But ANOTHER IS light? Can't think of any chassis even remotely exciting as those three and not DoA in this game.

#76 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Still no Quadrupeds?
Eh...

#77 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Losing a side torso on my shadowcat already felt like standing in lava with an utter inability to cool off...now it's doubled!? This is why I hate blanket nerfs.

#78 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

You mean the lore, the table top rules where dice were used to determine hit/miss, then if a hit, actually location?

The engine crit rules were made when the only there was only the STD engine, 6 engine slots. So yeah, if you crit 3 slots/half of the slots the engine scrams and shuts down. For TT with dice, there was no real reason to modify that rule, but then MWO is not a board game with 10sec or 2.5sec rounds, it is a FPS where most weapons hit the spot you are aiming for.

Edit, not crying about the cXL penalty increase, except for when I do play Clan mechs. I simply find it hilariously, and I am sure no one really saw THAT change coming.

For a FPS/live action game, and imho it is a bad balance design.
No, I mean the Lore as in the fictional description the whole game is based on.

I'm not talking direct copy of TT rules.

The description of IS engines is, that the XL version when the section in an ST is destroyed, will wreck the mech.
That is the lore - as per fluff, books, and previous games.

Clan tech is superior, so it doesn't do that.

Plenty of minor things have been tweaked for game balance, which is fine.
This is not a minor tweak though.

Simply making IS XL engines do something completely different to what they SHOULD, is a major change, and starts ignoring the lore of the universe the game is based on.

At which point - why bother with any of it?
If you're going to ignore the Battletech source material - why even have a battletech game?
At that point you might as well go play Hawken or sometthing that doesn't need anything, and has stripped + dumbed everything down to pure gameplay and balance.

#79 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

Losing a side torso on my shadowcat already felt like standing in lava with an utter inability to cool off...now it's doubled!? This is why I hate blanket nerfs.

Psssst.
It's still better than just out-right DYING Posted Image

#80 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

Still no Quadrupeds?
Eh...

and no new weapons nor new techs until mid 2017!

LOL

But, mind, ..... you can always buy new heroes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users