• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

Still no Quadrupeds?
Eh...

Let's get other physics right like water slowing you down and knockdowns / real collision damage first.... not to mention, low gravity, which is not on most of these maps, because PGI needs to make it happen.

Edited by S0ulReapr, 13 January 2017 - 11:47 PM.

#82 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

Yes, LFE is just a lighter standard engine that takes up a bit more space, so no CT lasers :-(, but you can still lose both side torsos and live (and not have a heat dissipation penalty).

Posted Image

LFE takes up the same amount of engine slots as the cXL for 25% weight savings vs isXL/cXL 50% weight savings over the STD engine. 6 in the CT and 2 in each side torso. So a IS can have CT weapons/etc.

Not including the weight PGI has MWO setup, as it contains other items.

300 STD - 19-tons
300 XL - 8.5-tons (both Clan & IS)
300 LFE - 14.5-tons

Remember, IS weapons/etc are heavier and take up more slots. A weight savings of either 8.5-tons vs 4.5-tons

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 January 2017 - 12:09 AM.

#83 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 13 January 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

I just had to log in to mourn the Firemoth. It's not PGI's fault I got my hopes up, but some of Russ' tweets seemed like he was hinting at it. It was so going to be an insta-buy for me.

Not just tweets, he was hinting at it in all-chat in mid-drop too.

Thing that has me worried though is the tech upgrade. RB's been hinting for 4+ months at a tech upgrade (mostly in reference to the Mad Cat Mk II) so it isn't suprising. But PGI blanket refused to discuss balancing FutureTech at MechCon. There is no word about balance FutureTech here. But there is another blanket-nerf to the Clans. ~six months out to a potentially major destabilizing patch and still pulling blanket changes? Seriously?

And how hard is it to give a buff for a change? Make IS XLs survive a side-torso kill. It'll probably have to happen anyway if the IS Omnis (I think only the Hauptman runs a standard) are to hit the field, that or unlocking armor/structure/engines and if you do that for IS it's harder to justify not doing it for the Clans.

For that matter, make standard engines come with a massive armor buff to side/center torsos, start at, say, 30% and adjust from there. The Clans don't need it that high, but enough to make the standard engine relevant for the OrionIIC and Highlander IIC (Nada for the Kodiak which is generally fine as is).

Oh hey, there's two ideas right there that don't require nerfs, help to make something relevant, and don't require a new item (looks at light fusion engine). How many posts will it take for someone to come up with a third potentially-balancing buff in place of a nerf?

But seriously. The last thing this game needs is another wave of seriously unbalanced tech--and there's enough stuff floating around in post-3060 that both IS and Clans could be stupid OP in completely different (and equally screwy) ways--that require massive rounds of nerfing.

Edited by Kael Posavatz, 13 January 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#84 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

How underwhelming.

Having not been bothered to make a three-monthly roadmap until the middle of the month, all we learn is that PGI is planning to deliver the things that were supposed to have been done last year.

Oh, but there's a promise of "secret big things" planned for mid-year, including new weapons.

Yeah, sure PGI. I've seen this movie several times before.

Edited by Appogee, 14 January 2017 - 12:17 AM.

#85 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 January 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Psssst.
It's still better than just out-right DYING Posted Image

Yeah, but the problem is - the IS can choose whether they want to risk dying from losing a ST or run a STD engine and sacrifice some speed and tonnage for safety. Most Clan mechs (with the exception of a few Clan battlemechs) don't have that luxury. So now we'll be stuck with the nerfed XL engines and no options... And still PGI have the audacity to charge outrageous amounts of C-Bills for Clan tech because it is supposedly "superior".

#86 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Edit, not crying about the cXL penalty increase, except for when I do play Clan mechs. I simply find it hilariously, and I am sure no one really saw THAT change coming.

I actually suggested it to PGI, a couple weeks ago that they make losing two engine crits actually mean something significant like it was in table top, by applying major heat penalties (In TT it was an automatic +10 heat every turn).

#87 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

I hope the Nightstar is one of those March mechs... #pgiplz

#88 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:40 AM

PGI have gotten great at saying very little of any substance with a lot of words designed to obfuscate the fact that they have no clue what they're doing.

I was really looking forward to Assault being redone, but I see instead it will remain in game, but another mode will be added.....I simply have no words for this. I mean, "uninstall" comes to mind. I've waited so long to see Assault get fixed, now I get to see it will never truly be fixed, just remain yet another mode to always be voting against.

Everything PGI says and does anymore, the more I read or hear, the less I have any faith in their ability to do anything except be predictably bad at their jobs. It's really unique. I've almost never seen people this bad at their jobs maintain something as long as MWO has been held together with duct tape. They have however gotten really good at lawyering and writing promises and statements designed to make it look like they're professionals, when in reality they're in a constant state of stalling for time.

PGI, you make neat-looking mechs, you made a semi-entertaining game. Then you proceeded to kill it, and after it was dead, pissed all over it's corpse. Then when your players begged you to learn the errors of your ways, learn what makes us tick, what makes us want to spend money- you spat on us, or more correctly, Russ did, repeatedly, and now this game and it's progress are an absolute joke.

What's really sad is that MWO once had so much potential, and such a strong niche player base, but when you have several people at the top that are amazingly bad at dealing with people(or balance, if we're talking about Paul here too), give them Twitter accounts, and then allow those few people at the top to ruin the entire potential of the dev team...you will get the current state of MWO.

MWO has been one of my absolute favorite games I've ever played at times, and I wanted so much for it to be one of the games I played for years to come. Rarely in my life have I been so consistently and repeatedly disappointed by professionals.

#89 CaptnCrunch

• Pip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

A new map would be greatly appreciated. Of course that doesn't make money like new mechs...

#90 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

Wow, PGI finally got some balls to introduce new tech! Can't wait for MRM.
With upcoming new skill tree, IK and retirement of extortionist 50$ per mech distribution model there's only two things left that keep me from spending money on this game again:
1. B&W heat vision
2. Cry Engine

#91 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 13 January 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

It means that your mech's feet react to what they are standing on like a slope or rock.

Take a look at the IK picture in this link.

https://mwomercs.com...y-these-exists/

WOAH!

That looks sweet! Posted Image

#92 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Are all clan planets salty wastelands or ocean worlds? So you get a heat nerf if you lose a side. IS explode.....

And before it's said LORE.....

This is mechwarrior a game based on battletech.....
Kinda like "Pearl Harbor" a movie loosely based on reality

Edited by Jondoeiowa, 14 January 2017 - 02:10 AM.

#93 sCOREscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 859 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Thanks PGI - sounds great ! Good work !!!

#94 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:00 AM

This March, we will be detailing the mid-summer release of new Inner Sphere and Clan weaponry and equipment for MechWarrior Online.

I really want to hype this, but seeing all the other release dates being pushed further and further (and with new assault mode is already 6 month late) I'm really sceptical towards PGI's ability to meet the timeframe. And there is no reason to believe that PGI won't screw up balance with new tech. We'll see, I guess.

#95 Cub

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:00 AM

Uhhhh.....another IS light 'mech? Is that a typo? Ya'll at PGI understand Clan is missing representation in the 20 ton light 'mech range, right? If I'm not mistaken, this will increase the IS light mech options up to 10 and leave Clan with 5 to choose from (none of which are 20 tons, an important number when it comes to drop deck building.)

#96 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

Thanks Pirahana! Sounds like a promising few months on the run up to summer! I sense that my wallet may well lose a fair few pounds if you make this stuff good Posted Image. Look forward to it!

#97 Inappropriate1

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

But don't ask PGI for ANY brand new maps because there will apparently be none.

#98 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostCaptnCrunch, on 14 January 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

A new map would be greatly appreciated. Of course that doesn't make money like new mechs...

I REALLY want to stress how much I second this! As a QP player it really would be super great to get a couple of new maps.

#99 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

"Balance Adjustments

January will see a number of balance-related adjustments, including a fix for AMS not reacting correctly to certain angles of incoming fire, quirk adjustments for 7 IS ‘Mechs and 6 Clan ‘Mechs – the details of which will be provided in full with the January patch notes – along with a reduction to Clan XL Engine Cooling Efficiency in the event of Side Torso destruction; bringing the total efficiency penalty from its current 20% up to 40%.

In regards to the Clan XL change, the balance dynamic between Inner Sphere and Clans is something that we have and will continue to evaluate heavily. This adjustment to Clan XL cooling efficiency is a step in that process, making the loss of a Side Torso more impactful on the performance of Clan ‘Mechs.

Beyond this change we have identified some larger balance points that we will be pushing after the release of the Skill Tree system, which will see some critical changes to the overall Clan vs. IS dynamic. More details will be provided about these changes after the release of the new Skill Tree, within the new context of balance introduced by the release of that feature.

We will continue to heavily examine the overall balance between the Inner Sphere and Clan factions through 2017, and adjust as needed.
"

We All know what this means dont we more Nerfs coming to our Mechs !!!, who whinned to the devs to have this implemented!!!

Edited by Grey Death Storm, 14 January 2017 - 03:15 AM.

#100 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

I am very excited at the upcoming changes, and very happy about the to-be-announced IS Light.

While i am no founder´, i am around for some time, and i really dont get the tears and salt everyone is shedding right now.. but there are enough Threads in this Forum to cover that Topic.

Back on this Topic: New Mechs, 2 from the 3060-era? Nice, even though i like the old SLDF Designs more. ( Give me the Excalibur, plz)
New Weapontech? Also nice, although ist gonna be some hard work balancing it. Im talking especially about isUACs and Clan Heavy Lasers
I expect the Light/Heavy Gausses & MRMs to hit the Field too, which are gonna be interesting. BUT again: How to make the MRM not vasty superior to SRM, just spread? Chainfire-like behavior like Clan LRMs? What about the HGauss, how to implement ist recoil? Its otherwise a very promising replacement for AC20s on big Mechs.

One Weaponsystem that could make Clan enthusiasts very happy... Microlasers! Why? Because it makes the Piranha more feasable to appear!

All in all, Roadmap approved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users