An Interesting Fan-Art Idea

6 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

Would it be possible for someone with artistic talent to make an Ukiyo-E or Japanese Wood Art depicting the Draconis Combine and it's army? Like, say, a Hatamoto-Chi with a sword plunging into the heart of a Dire Wolf?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

I'm sure it is possible, but there should be an incentive for that. :P

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

You'd need the funds of a Clan Diamond Shark Star Admiral to commission something like that. But now I really want to see it.

#4 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 13 January 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

You'd need the funds of a Clan Diamond Shark Star Admiral to commission something like that. But now I really want to see it.

I was inspired by Samurai Jack, which I hear is coming back. I decided to rewatch the series, and I had forgotten that they had made three such paintings for the beginning of the episode. ( For reference )

#5 Wil McCullough

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

sounds like something that would be awesome as a tattoo sleeve as well. incoming tattoo booth at #mechcon2017 HYPE.

not sure how well the dire's blocky brick-like design will lend itself to wood cut style though. i have a nagging feeling it'll look very generic and not very japanese-like.

#6 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostWil McCullough, on 14 January 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

sounds like something that would be awesome as a tattoo sleeve as well. incoming tattoo booth at #mechcon2017 HYPE.

not sure how well the dire's blocky brick-like design will lend itself to wood cut style though. i have a nagging feeling it'll look very generic and not very japanese-like.

It could be stylized.

#7 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

Of course it's possible. Don't be silly. People have been doing that sort of stuff for a while.

Posted Image

It'll just cost you. Get a pay pal account, shove a couple hundred bucks in there, and start shopping on deviant art (Or where artist go to do commission artwork these days. I don't think patreon allows for single commissions, though I can't say I've checked).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users