Times, They Are A Changin'.... In Line With That, What One Single Battlemech Would You Like Added?

144 replies to this topic

#101 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostBombast, on 16 January 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

I know, I was just correcting him. It's not quite that slow.

Personally, I'm not for it, partially for the reasons you gave, and partially because, visually and fluff wise, it's just a circumcised Addar. Boring.

But I don't play Clan mechs, so... you all can decide among yourselves if you like it or not.

I've always liked the Cougar, just for its looks, but the Pouncer really would be better in every way compared to it.

#102 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

unapologetically Lyran, Defiance's flagship Mech, and Archon Peter's ride:

Posted Image

Edited by FLG 01, 16 January 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#103 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 16 January 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

unapologetically Lyran, Defiance's flagship Mech, and Archon Peter's ride:

Posted Image

Me wanty!

#104 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 15 January 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

My main vote going for Mad Cat MKII gotta extend the TImberwolf bloodline.

Second on my list is the Savage Wolf/ Timberwolf Mk IV

Posted Image

Yes... lets give the Clans a Timber Wolf that runs hotter and dies on ST loss....

'Cause that is exactly what the Mad Cat Mk IV does....

locked 375 XXL (4 crits in each ST!)
Generate a boat load of extra head (2/4/6; Standing/Walking/Running... also double JJ heat)

Granted the XXL does give you an extra 6.5t to work with over the XL 375, but you spend most of that weight savings on DHS to counter the extra heat...

#105 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Yes... lets give the Clans a Timber Wolf that runs hotter and dies on ST loss....

Generate a boat load of extra head (2/4/6; Standing/Walking/Running... also double JJ heat)

Granted the XXL does give you an extra 6.5t to work with over the XL 375, but you spend most of that weight savings on DHS to counter the extra heat...

I love Diamond Shark tech, but the Mad Cat MK IV would never hold up in one of these games. Now, the Mad Cat MK III might, but I wouldn't place bets on that ever getting into any of the Mechwarrior titles.

#106 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

No mech would get me back into the game.

#107 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 16 January 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

No mech would get me back into the game.

Then get off the forums-- if you aren't playing and won't return there is no point to posting here

#108 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 16 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Then get off the forums-- if you aren't playing and won't return there is no point to posting here

No.

#109 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 January 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

I love Diamond Shark tech, but the Mad Cat MK IV would never hold up in one of these games. Now, the Mad Cat MK III might, but I wouldn't place bets on that ever getting into any of the Mechwarrior titles.

It's funny my only complaint about the Mk III, is that she's not an omni-mech, that's it. In all other ways she lives up to the original, just 20t smaller. Fast, well armed, tough and efficient. The Mk. II fails in two categories, (Not an Omni and not efficient, seriously if the Mk. II was 85t to efficiently use the JJ's and an Omni she would be perfect.) and I'm down right puzzled over the Mk IV being considered an improvement on the original...

#110 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 January 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

It might, and it might be a CDS mech I'd actually like beyond the Tiburon.

#111 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

It's funny my only complaint about the Mk III, is that she's not an omni-mech, that's it. In all other ways she lives up to the original, just 20t smaller. Fast, well armed, tough and efficient. The Mk. II fails in two categories, (Not an Omni and not efficient, seriously if the Mk. II was 85t to efficiently use the JJ's and an Omni she would be perfect.) and I'm down right puzzled over the Mk IV being considered an improvement on the original...

That's 3100+ tech for you. Either OP AF, or oddly UP. And honestly, in this game, the Mad Cat MK II will only benefit from being a Battlemech. Only reason the JJ's aren't efficient is because PGI hates us. :P I never did understand the outrage over the Mad Cat MK III though.

#112 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yeah, the Savage Wolf isn't the best of mechs(although, in this game it might make for a halfway decent Long-range counterpart to the Timby. Swap the SSRMs for ALRM5s and we might have something good on our hands). The FailCat MK2 would be pretty much a worse Marauder IIC, but the MadCat MK 3(Or Wolf Pup as I refer to it) might actually be pretty good as a heavy attack Medium. Eight energy Hardpoints stock plus enough room to run two ALRM20s? That would be terrifying.

Edited by Requiemking, 16 January 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#113 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 January 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

That's 3100+ tech for you. Either OP AF, or oddly UP. And honestly, in this game, the Mad Cat MK II will only benefit from being a Battlemech. Only reason the JJ's aren't efficient is because PGI hates us. Posted Image I never did understand the outrage over the Mad Cat MK III though.

No, no when I say effecient JJ's, I mean 85t is the cut off for 1t JJ's. 90t pay 2t per jump jet...

At 85t the Mad Cat II, could run the exact same weapons, armour, ammo, jumping ability, run speed and cooling while being 1t under weight meaning she could bring her armour up to 14t or become a 4/6/4. both of those options would take her from good to great, making her an Omni only makes her even better in TT...

An 85t version I used in a very recent TT campaign...

Spoiler

#114 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 16 January 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

No.

If you don't play and the sole purpose of your existence here is to ***** about how you don't play anymore because you hate PGI and their game you literally offer absolutely nothing worthwhile and you are wasting your time and effort. :)

#115 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 16 January 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

If you don't play and the sole purpose of your existence here is to ***** about how you don't play anymore because you hate PGI and their game you literally offer absolutely nothing worthwhile and you are wasting your time and effort. Posted Image

I'm here because I helped fund this game. More so than many. I played for years and offered direction. I want to keep informed in case PGI (or whoever) does something that I would consider returning for.

I don't hate PGI. I don't know them personally and hate requires too much energy. But I am disappointed in their ability to deliver. If you aren't, I find it amazing.

I don't hate the game. I want it to be more than it is. And mechs don't add the more. Too many here seem to be content with the status quo. I no longer am.

If you don't want to read desenting opinions from your own, there is a block feature. Use it. I am well within the terms of use and I will continue to post as long as I please.

#116 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,784 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

No, no when I say effecient JJ's, I mean 85t is the cut off for 1t JJ's. 90t pay 2t per jump jet...

That said, the Class II JJs aren't anywhere near as bad as the Class I JJs. In fact the Mad IIC can poptart somewhat with 4 Class II JJs.

#117 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I like the extra heat, and risk of running a insta death side torso.

I don't look for competitiveness in mechs just for fun and visuals. I most likely not care bout the heat since I can manage it pretty fine.

#118 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Y'know?

Digging through the TRO links given (purely on the Clan side, as I have no horse on the Sphere side. Not that anyone'd pay attention to, at any rate)...I'm noticing a distinct lack of good.

Oh sure sure, your Blood Asps and Sad Bat Muck Toos and whatever, obviously the Nova Cat...but outside of a couple of intriguing light 'Mechs in the 3067 sheet, and I'm not sure 3067 is on the table, I'm not seeing much I'd be super excited about. 3060 is basically nothing but second-lines, and most of them kinda sadly flawed. Of the available designs I'd always liked the Stalking Spider best, but...well, Juodas Problems. The Arctic Wolf is fun, but completely lacking in variants and I'm not sure how that'd go anymore. Not that I'd care if it did go in, but it also doesn't debut any new tech, so...

Yeah.

I suppose I'll settle for the new guns and the inevitable Nova Cat + Muck Too/Blood Asp releases. The odds of my personal favorite of the lot (oh my delicious li'l Hellion...) making it in are...slim. So hey! All hail the fatbro overlords, I suppose.

#119 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 16 January 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

I like the extra heat, and risk of running a insta death side torso.

I don't look for competitiveness in mechs just for fun and visuals. I most likely not care bout the heat since I can manage it pretty fine.

I can understand that, I'm looking at it from actually playing against them in TT (the Prime Mk IV costs 1 point less than a Timber Wolf Delta does with a 3/4 pilot), in my experience playing against them with Delta Timber Wolves, is that a Delta will beat a Mk. IV around 70% of the time, so I fail to see the reason why developing the Mk IV was even done. In universe it is said it was done as the venerable Timber Wolf was having trouble keeping up with it's star mates, yet the Mk IV is no faster, no better armed and is much more vulnerable, so why? Why would CDS/CSF develop the Savage Wolf?....

#120 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

I can understand that, I'm looking at it from actually playing against them in TT (the Prime Mk IV costs 1 point less than a Timber Wolf Delta does with a 3/4 pilot), in my experience playing against them with Delta Timber Wolves, is that a Delta will beat a Mk. IV around 70% of the time, so I fail to see the reason why developing the Mk IV was even done. In universe it is said it was done as the venerable Timber Wolf was having trouble keeping up with it's star mates, yet the Mk IV is no faster, no better armed and is much more vulnerable, so why? Why would CDS/CSF develop the Savage Wolf?....

lore answer is probably the same as why they want to replace the A10 with the F16.... politics.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users