Times, They Are A Changin'.... In Line With That, What One Single Battlemech Would You Like Added?

144 replies to this topic

#121 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

I can understand that, I'm looking at it from actually playing against them in TT (the Prime Mk IV costs 1 point less than a Timber Wolf Delta does with a 3/4 pilot), in my experience playing against them with Delta Timber Wolves, is that a Delta will beat a Mk. IV around 70% of the time, so I fail to see the reason why developing the Mk IV was even done. In universe it is said it was done as the venerable Timber Wolf was having trouble keeping up with it's star mates, yet the Mk IV is no faster, no better armed and is much more vulnerable, so why? Why would CDS/CSF develop the Savage Wolf?....

All I can think of is a fluff explanation of better building materials and better factory molds for them, so it held together better over time. That's all I got.

#122 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

I can understand that, I'm looking at it from actually playing against them in TT (the Prime Mk IV costs 1 point less than a Timber Wolf Delta does with a 3/4 pilot), in my experience playing against them with Delta Timber Wolves, is that a Delta will beat a Mk. IV around 70% of the time, so I fail to see the reason why developing the Mk IV was even done. In universe it is said it was done as the venerable Timber Wolf was having trouble keeping up with it's star mates, yet the Mk IV is no faster, no better armed and is much more vulnerable, so why? Why would CDS/CSF develop the Savage Wolf?....

I think I read something from Sarna while bored, it was to bring back the legend of the Timberwolf and capitalize a new design with new tech. Been a while since I gone on Sarna tho.

#123 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 16 January 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I think I read something from Sarna while bored, it was to bring back the legend of the Timberwolf and capitalize a new design with new tech. Been a while since I gone on Sarna tho.

That's the fluff for it, as well as it supposedly to keep up with star mates... yet the only new tech in it that was an improvement over the Timber was the FL armour.... but load FL armour on to the Timby and you take a an Apex predator and put it on steroids....

#124 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

I like threads like this. Nice change from all the whiney nerf threads.

Personally, I like mechs. Keep new ones coming.

#125 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

View Post1453 R, on 16 January 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Y'know?

Digging through the TRO links given (purely on the Clan side, as I have no horse on the Sphere side. Not that anyone'd pay attention to, at any rate)...I'm noticing a distinct lack of good.

Oh sure sure, your Blood Asps and Sad Bat Muck Toos and whatever, obviously the Nova Cat...but outside of a couple of intriguing light 'Mechs in the 3067 sheet, and I'm not sure 3067 is on the table, I'm not seeing much I'd be super excited about. 3060 is basically nothing but second-lines, and most of them kinda sadly flawed. Of the available designs I'd always liked the Stalking Spider best, but...well, Juodas Problems. The Arctic Wolf is fun, but completely lacking in variants and I'm not sure how that'd go anymore. Not that I'd care if it did go in, but it also doesn't debut any new tech, so...

Yeah.

I suppose I'll settle for the new guns and the inevitable Nova Cat + Muck Too/Blood Asp releases. The odds of my personal favorite of the lot (oh my delicious li'l Hellion...) making it in are...slim. So hey! All hail the fatbro overlords, I suppose.

Oy. The MK3 is actually good. Yes, its a 55 ton Medium Battlemech, but thats a good thing in this game.

#126 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 16 January 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Oy. The MK3 is actually good. Yes, its a 55 ton Medium Battlemech, but thats a good thing in this game.

It's also twenty years out of even the new timeline. So no :-P Besides, how much would people scream at a 10E/2M Clan 55-tonner?

#127 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

View Post1453 R, on 16 January 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

It's also twenty years out of even the new timeline. So no :-P Besides, how much would people scream at a 10E/2M Clan 55-tonner?

If the Inner Sphere gets a Men Shen, maybe not that many.

#128 AWOL 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Literally any of the original 3025 mechs... yeah the new tech is cool but I'm kind of upset that they haven't added them yet, and now they'll likely be forgotten.

We could have had the Stinger in BattleTech! Thanks a lot PGI!

More on topic though, I'd pick (for each weight class) the Eagle, Buccaneer, Toyama, and Hauptmann.

#129 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostAWOL 01, on 16 January 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thanks a lot PGI!

Posted Image

#130 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostAWOL 01, on 16 January 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Literally any of the original 3025 mechs... yeah the new tech is cool but I'm kind of upset that they haven't added them yet, and now they'll likely be forgotten.

I am an Ostmann-fan myself, but the last 6 six IS releases were 3025-Mechs (Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer, Phoenix Hawk, Cyclops) and we are getting another one soon (Assassin).
I really think PGI should give TRO:3025 a break. Even without the timejump into the 60ies the world of BattleTech is so much more to explore.

#131 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Sounds like a good time for the Mackie to me!

I still want a lot of the remaining "classics", and most importantly the Stinger/Wasp, but that's in the sense of wanting PGI to model them for those other, succession-war era games. Though if they model them, and I think it'd make little sense to not try and monetize them as a MWO 'mech pack, the best they can. And I'd buy the hell out of the Crusader. Personally I think these few months before the new tech lands would be a good time to get some of the missing classics out of the way.

Not up to speed on the "new tech" 'mechs, so no strong opinions there. Though for sure all those guys who've been campaigning for the Mad Cat Mk. 2 should finally get it.

#132 Archangel.84

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warhead
  • The Warhead
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

I'm probably the only one to say this but: Valkyrie. There, I said it.

In general though, I want to see more mechs that either haven't gotten a Mechwarrior release at all, or haven't in 20+ years.

#133 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostBradigus, on 15 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hammerhands looks too much like the Warhammer, and needs hardpoint inflation in order to actually get some mileage out of those ballistic hands. Not to mention stock it is completely reliant on arm weapons, meaning no PPC + AC10 combinations.

1st Bandersnatch variant comes with 2xB 6xE 3xM. 2nd variant comes with ECM. 3rd variant shuffles 1st variants hardpoints around a bit by shifting 1xE from each arm to the side torso. Can actually build an XL safe 2x Gauss + 6x Medium Laser build.

To be fair the HHands is the predecessor to the Whammy. Similar looks should be expected.

The biggest knock against the HHands is it's tiny engine and the BSnatch comes with a decent 300

#134 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

In reference to the Cougar...

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 16 January 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Oh joy, a 86 KPH light mech with a locked engine.. with 35 tonner scaling.

How about no! Posted Image

How about yes!

Hey, the Stinger, Wasp, and Flea will be all terrible too, but that doesn't stop people from wanting those mechs.

Besides, the Cougar is my pick, you are free to make your own. Posted Image

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 17 January 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#135 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 17 January 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

In reference to the Cougar...

How about yes!

Hey, the Stinger, Wasp, and Flea will be all terrible too, but that doesn't stop people from wanting those mechs.

Besides, the Cougar is my pick, you are free to make your own. Posted Image

You know what, lets get the hoodless Adder. It will be a great joy to be piloting my Urbanmech, and not be the slowest non-assault on the field.

Edited by Bombast, 17 January 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#136 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

A tough one... I'll go with the Javelin, but there is actually a bunch of TRO 3050 Mechs i'd like to see added before completely moving on

Flea: Good Hardoints & MASC
Stinger: Legendary & Humanoid 20t with JJ
Wasp: see Stinger
Firefly: Non-humanoid 30t with 7 energy HPs, JJ & ECM
Hermes: speeeed, MASC or ECM
Vulcan: humanoid energy/ballistics & MASC
Hatchetman: Hatchet, nuff said
Dervish: better Griffin 3M, hell yeah
Scorpion: Quad for being truly different...
Axeman: see Hatchetman
Crusader: I don't have any good arguments, except it just belongs here
Charger: who doesn't want to scout in an assault
Hatamoto-Chi: The beauty
Annihilator: so ppl stop asking for it

#137 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

After much thinking. This is the ONE mech i'd want in MWO.

#138 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

3067 pick:
although we can even have it in the current 3050 timeline - because of its prototype

Posted Image

#139 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 18 January 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

3067 pick:
although we can even have it in the current 3050 timeline - because of its prototype

Posted Image

I know that mechs, but I can't recall the name....

#140 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 January 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

I know that mechs, but I can't recall the name....

Legacy

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users