Hit Registry Issues?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

This week I've noticed SRMs are having trouble registering. You could fire a full volley at an assault and not see your reticle light up. This morning I unloaded 4 salvos from a 4xLB10 build point-blank and hit dead center with every one (plus a few less-accurate salvos and some laser shots thrown in) and ended the match with 90 damage. By my math, I got credit for around half of the hits. Next drop I did in a Gauss+LPL build, and I saw a direct hit with sparks flying from my Gauss, and no reticle flash.

What is going on with hit reg?

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

Haven't seen anything like that (though there were a couple games the other night where a dev was on the other side and there was some very fishy stuff going on, but I digress). Overall hit reg recently has been the most consistent that I can recall (I do NOT miss magically phasing PPC bolts of early last year).

Around here video or it didn't happen. If you think there are real issues, then your best bet (even without video or screen shots) is to write to support and give them as much info as you can recall regarding the circumstances.

#3 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

Same old afaik.

Its always been this way.

Lasers that don't do proper damage, ppc's that fly through people, srm's that don't reg.
Usually the only thing that actually works is Gauss, and even that is funky sometimes.

IMO, its HSR and hitscan not doing their job, the netcode tries to interpolate player positions vs hitbox positions and something is always off, unless your target will sit still for you.

Aim helps, but I will guarantee you that even the "PRO" players have some pretty significant groans about hitreg being less than 100%.

Edited by Mister D, 15 January 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#4 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Now, I'm not going to deny that sometimes I miss (quite often, actually). That's what makes it even more maddening when I should hit and don't get credit for it.

#5 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

I really only notice the hitreg issues with PPCs and SRMs, and sometimes gauss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users