#1 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

[Redacted]

in the above video, you will see an experiment i did on [Redacted], i call it, do they use a ghost uav hack or na?

as you can see, in the 3 30 minute mark theres a guy far off in the distance. as time passes, youll notice he does a straight line straight across the entire map (i was hidden far from the fight, they were literally on the border of the opposite side of the map) to kill me. thats just straight amazing considering how hard it is for literally EVERY OTHER PLAYER in the game to find another specific individual on that map. just try finding the last light mech on it in scouting. so heres the proof, next time we hear anything about how [Redacted] is just so l22t and everyone else sucks, remember this.

Edited by draiocht, 15 January 2017 - 07:23 PM.
name & shame

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

For the record... if you can see the target, they are able to see you (assuming they are staring in your direction).

So, that's not a hack, it's just simple logic.

Why do you think you are/should be immune to it?

I'm specifically talking about vision, and not so much about radar.

Edited by Deathlike, 15 January 2017 - 06:02 PM.

#3 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 January 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

For the record... if you can see the target, they are able to see you (assuming they are staring in your direction).

So, that's not a hack, it's just simple logic.

Why do you think you are/should be immune to it?

because im peekabooing from behind a massive rock, and hes over 3000 meters away.

Edited by naterist, 15 January 2017 - 06:02 PM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

View Postnaterist, on 15 January 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

because im peekabooing from behind a massive rock, and hes over 3000 meters away.

As far as I'm concerned, if I see you on the corner of my eye like that player did... I know you're there and will report your position to others.

#5 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

Accusing people of hacks on a forum, this thread will go far, not sending it to PGI, priceless. K-Town here we come.

Before my chrissy holidays I was using my TV as my monitor, then I got a good 144mhz monitor and low and behold, I can see clear across maps. It amazed me that I could see the mechs moving around in the drops zones on Boreal while on the Omega platform. If you can see them, they can see you.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

You were not hidden?

3:40. JJ'ing (viper by the looks) is not looking at you but then turns and can clearly see you. That is when PPC shots start coming from other mechs who can likely see you as well, maybe a JJ summoner, you won't know being shutdown though.

1. Your head it above the ridge, clearly visible. Given it takes PPC fire too from another mech, its absolutely impossible that is it all covered.
2. Right arm/torso is almost certainly visible.

Sadly this video shows non-participation, not hacking. Probably not best to be making such a video public.

View Postnaterist, on 15 January 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

It is not 3km away.

So some simple mathematics about a Viper max speed vs time it takes it to get to you. It is significantly less than 3km.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 January 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#7 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

You think it's a Hack, report it with your proof as it is, and let P.G.I decide if your correct, or blowing bubbles.

what you shouldn't be doing is making accusations like this on the forums .

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

If you can see him, he can see you.

I think the more likely explanation is: he jumped high - as Vipers can do - saw you, and headed your way.

Also, experienced players develop a good knowledge of where enemies probably are on maps. (For example, on Canyon network, I make a beeline for a place that I know LRM boats like to camp and spam remote locks.) Not sure whether that was a factor in this instance.

Edited by Appogee, 15 January 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#9 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

You may also soon be experiencing a forced holiday from the forums and perhaps the game, GG.

#10 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

View Postnaterist, on 15 January 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

in the above video, you will see an experiment i did on [Redacted], i call it, do they use a ghost uav hack or na?

as you can see, in the 3 30 minute mark theres a guy far off in the distance. as time passes, youll notice he does a straight line straight across the entire map (i was hidden far from the fight, they were literally on the border of the opposite side of the map) to kill me.

As I can see, at 3 30 mark no one is coming straight at you, but at 3 40 mark you are spotted by the medium mech as he does a really high jump looking for you, and spots you when he is about at the maximum height of his jump. You can even see the moment he spots you, as that's the moment he stops twisting around and just stares right at you. After that naturally everyone comes straight at you.

Edited by draiocht, 15 January 2017 - 07:23 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#11 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

i did send pgi a copy of this video as well, however people have been calling [Redacted] for hacks for a long *** time, so now well be able to see, everyone, if pgi actually is gonna look into, or let it pass because they think there more important that the rest of us or some **** like that. now we got a match, a hella suspicious curcumstance, and the video evidence of what im refering to. if pgi wants to ignore it ok, but this is were well see it publicly. if PGI responds saying im wrong and yall are right, ill poast it here, but i highly doubt i am since this crap happened the day before as well on forest.

Edited by draiocht, 15 January 2017 - 07:24 PM.
name & shame

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Bad players accusing good players of hacks, best compliment ever.

Bad players are bad.

#13 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostAppogee, on 15 January 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

If you can see him, he can see you.

I think the more likely explanation is: he jumped high - as Vipers can do - saw you, and headed your way.

ya no, a few minutes before that you can see him on the opposite side of the map, much further from were the viper is jumping, walking directly at me from the opposite border of the map, were everyone else was getting spawn camped. theres no ******* way. as well as that, this dude can bne seen walking, all the way across the map on the mid upper left side of the screen. this is minutes before the jumping viper. they could tell from the other side of the map. and idc how big your moniter is, to find me in the random location i parked my mechs *** in, youd have to be zoomed in directly on my head to have noticed i was there.

but as i said before, let pgi invesdtigate this. i know im convinced. i know a lot of others were convinced, and this behavior was repeated multiple times weve played them, we just never recorded it till now. you dont lucki9ly find everyone, every game you play.

Edited by naterist, 15 January 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

All this video does is:

1. Show you broke the terms of the game and are having a bit of a QQ.
2. Provided clear evidence [Redacted] does not hack.

If you think this video shows anything suspicious from the other enemy team, then that's great. But fact is, it doesn't back you up one bit from an experienced player point of view. Not saying you are not experienced, but so far it is already 5 against 1... Surely that tells you something?

Edited by draiocht, 15 January 2017 - 07:24 PM.
reference

#15 Tempest Omega

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 January 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

You were not hidden?

3:40. JJ'ing (viper by the looks) is not looking at you but then turns and can clearly see you. That is when PPC shots start coming from other mechs who can likely see you as well, maybe a JJ summoner, you won't know being shutdown though.

1. Your head it above the ridge, clearly visible. Given it takes PPC fire too from another mech, its absolutely impossible that is it all covered.
2. Right arm/torso is almost certainly visible.

Sadly this video shows non-participation, not hacking. Probably not best to be making such a video public.

It is not 3km away.

So some simple mathematics about a Viper max speed vs time it takes it to get to you. It is significantly less than 3km.

The above sums it all up quite nicely, but nothing anyone says here is going to convince the OP of anything.

Always remember that a sufficient level of skill/awarness will appear to be "magic" to some.

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

View Postnaterist, on 15 January 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

youd have to be zoomed in directly on my head to have noticed i was there.

Nah, the entire right half if your mech is visible...

#17 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 January 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

All this video does is:

1. Show you broke the terms of the game and are having a bit of a QQ.
2. Provided clear evidence [Redacted] does not hack.

If you think this video shows anything suspicious from the other enemy team, then that's great. But fact is, it doesn't back you up one bit from an experienced player point of view. Not saying you are not experienced, but so far it is already 5 against 1... Surely that tells you something?

when they ban that mofo, ill be the one laughing and telling you something.

Edited by draiocht, 15 January 2017 - 07:25 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#18 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

When you get a nice holiday you will be the one getting laughed at.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

I was with dropping with a very good team the other day and someone from the other team in a Cheetah tried to sneak around us on the flank. Caught the movement out of the corner of my eye, we did some poking around, found him and killed him.

Why?

Because the idea that nobody can see you is never true. If you've spotted the enemy at any point they likely spotted you too. Even if your out of sight when they're looking for you they likely saw you when you were visible and came looking.

Crying haxx when someone outplays you isn't going to make you better or them worse. If you think top performing players and teams don't get reported for hax all the time and investigated like gangbusters you're also mistaken.

However if you think you've got video evidence, submit it, file a report and see what happens. Going to the forums is just going to get you mocked.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

View Postnaterist, on 15 January 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

when they ban that mofo, ill be the one laughing and telling you something.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users