• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

Greetings,

i´ve got some problems with my fps rate .. actually one problem :
when i change the graphic settings it doesn´t have an impact on performance
(got between 60 and 30 Fps, seems to me depending on map)
i get nearly the same fps no matter if ´have everything on medium and fxaa or nearly everything
on ultra and txaa .I only get a change in fps in the testing grounds maps where i get between 180 an 70 fps depending on graphic settings

my setup : amd Fx 8320@4,4ghz
msi Armor gtx 1060 0c 6gig
16GB DDR3 @1600

i simply don´t get it to run with at least 50-60 fps stable it keeps dropping to even 20 fps sometimes
(using the repair tool has no effect)

any suggestions ? is this a general problem of the game ?

#2 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostA Hobo with a Shotgun, on 17 January 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Greetings,

i´ve got some problems with my fps rate .. actually one problem :
when i change the graphic settings it doesn´t have an impact on performance
(got between 60 and 30 Fps, seems to me depending on map)
i get nearly the same fps no matter if ´have everything on medium and fxaa or nearly everything
on ultra and txaa .I only get a change in fps in the testing grounds maps where i get between 180 an 70 fps depending on graphic settings

my setup : amd Fx 8320@4,4ghz
msi Armor gtx 1060 0c 6gig
16GB DDR3 @1600

i simply don´t get it to run with at least 50-60 fps stable it keeps dropping to even 20 fps sometimes
(using the repair tool has no effect)

any suggestions ? is this a general problem of the game ?

Standard troubleshooting goes something like this:
1st - make sure you are running to most current driver released gor your video card.
2nd - check to confirm that MWO is running in 64 bit mode with DX11
3rd - check your computer for the following:
- the Microsoft DVR is turned off in the xbox app.
- power settings is set to High Performance
- third party graphics software from your gtx card should be disabled or uninstalled.
4th - check your computer hardware for cooling issues/tempeture spikes.

If you don't understand how to perform one of the tasks above, let me know which and I will post instructions or a link to instructions here.

**edit**

I didn't mention this originally since you mentioned that you had played with Graphics settings from "Ultra" down to "Medium", but performance varies greatly with certain Advanced Graphics options. Particles and Shadows are probably the two settings you want to keep on Low if you are having performance issues.

Also, as Tesunie suggested below, using the MWO Repair Tool to remove your old Shaders may help.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 18 January 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#3 Rintero Pryde

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

Had exactly the same problems with my rig. Your frames dont improve when you change settings because at all settings, your're bottlenecked at the CPU. Sounds like you have a pretty diesel graphics card, that isn't the problem. Your AMD CPU is. My last CPU was an AMD Athlon II 860k, which as far as currently marketed AMD CPUs without integrated graphics are is as good as you can get. Still miles behind an Intel CPU. It actually was only on part with a dual core i3 3220.

MWO is incredibly CPU intensive, more so than any other game I've played. This is the post that I threw up in the forums, and everyone was extremely helpful. Their advice axtually netted me another 10 fps, but still wasn't enough to satisfy me.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5461021

I just ended up buying a new CPU, an i5 6600k. Playing at high/very high with about 70 fps. It required a new motherboard and Ram as well, just a heads up. Outlet PC was extremely helpful, and it has a compatibility thing that let's you know if your components will work together or not. Good luck!

#4 Rintero Pryde

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

Correction to my earlier post: your CPU is more powerful than my Athlon, it edges it out on multi core performance by a few percent. Still eclipsed by Intel CPUs.

Here's a post to a site that has been great for putting power into perspective as far as components. This site ranks performance of CPUs AND GPUs, with 1 being the best, higher numbers being worse. It also gives an evaluation based on its capability as a gaming, workstation, or standard desktop build.

http://cpu.userbench...600K/2985vs3503

I hope it helps you shop, or at least provides some perspective as far as where your rig stands.

Edited by Rintero Pryde, 18 January 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

When I had this problem, I found out that I had to clear out my shaders and let them recreate themselves for the new graphics settings to actually take effect. So, alter your settings as you feel you need them, then shut down the program and run the repair tool (in the patch launcher). This will not only check to make sure everything is operating fine with your game, but will also delete your shaders folder.

Just my 2 worth. It worked for me when I had to drop everything down to lowest setting. Doesn't take much time and might be at least worth a try for you.

#6 A Hobo with a Shotgun

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

.. i thought it could be the cpu..
the bench was helpful cause it said my cpu is the weakest part in my System.
Sooo i got some things to figure out
Thanks to all of you for replying on this topic

#7 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

Does your decrease in FPS happens momentarily as in "lag-spikes" or is it gradual?

If its gradual check your CPU temperatures when you play as your CPU might lower down its frequency when it starts overheating.

If its spiky then you might want to consider using something like BES. I've used it on my old PC in order to play Witcher 3 without lag, you only need to limit max CPU usage to 99% and the remaining 1% should be enough for core system processes, because sometimes when your game uses all 100% of CPU power your OS might temporarily halt it alltogether in order to perform smth essential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users