#21 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

While I normally would agree, there isn't a really iconic mech that shows off new tech well and is powerful outside the Fafnir and a bunch of mediums that we don't really need. The Fafnir is cool, but I chose the Sagittaire because it would only be the second 95 tonner for the IS.

Well the Sunder has an MRM variant with Streak SRM-4s and a variant with an LB20. It also has a variant with Streak-6s and Snub nose PPCs but I'm guessing those are going to be too far out of timeline. Granted, the Sagittaire also has a higher chance of being a good performer.

Fafnir... I'm only interested in if we can fire two heavy-gauss rifles at once. Since PGI hates happiness chances are you can only fire one Heavy Gauss at once.

#22 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Yea I am sorry, Rifleman IIC will be after the Warhammer IIC and probably after the Mk II/ Blood Asp. It's a shoe in mech I would put money on. But it's not a right now mech...much more options.

I am hoping mk ii be the future option.

But I am prepared for Nova Cat and Warhammer IIC or Blood Asp.

#23 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostCK16, on 19 January 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Yea I am sorry, Rifleman IIC will be after the Warhammer IIC and probably after the Mk II/ Blood Asp. It's a shoe in mech I would put money on. But it's not a right now mech...much more options.

Not true. If PGI is smart, they'll drop the Rifleman IIC - It would appeal to the Overwatch crowd.

Posted Image

#24 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

The sad thing is you can almost guarantee that those 2 IS mechs won't be there, because they are almost never talked about/not iconic enough.

Are all the MWO mechs so iconic though? I don't know how the TT guys feel about it, but as someone who primarily knows Battletech through the MW games, there were a lot of mechs coming out of left field, for me.

#25 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well the Sunder has an MRM variant with Streak SRM-4s and a variant with an LB20. It also has a variant with Streak-6s and Snub nose PPCs but I'm guessing those are going to be too far out of timeline. Granted, the Sagittaire also has a higher chance of being a good performer.

Sunder does out of timeline stuff, but I figured a mech that can mount the LFE might fair better for showcasing new equipment.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Fafnir... I'm only interested in if we can fire two heavy-gauss rifles at once. Since PGI hates happiness chances are you can only fire one Heavy Gauss at once.

It would at least be able to mount 4 Light Gauss (in the torso) and an LFE, so there is that going for it at least.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 19 January 2017 - 03:26 PM.

#26 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Now that PGI has shown they will make up entire mechs out of whole cloth, and not just variants, and that Catalyst will go along with it, I anticipate seeing the Archer IIC as part of a The Clans-Unseen! program.

#27 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

Question for the clanners... what do you all think of the Savage Coyote? I think it's pretty.

Posted Image

View PostTristan Winter, on 19 January 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Are all the MWO mechs so iconic though? I don't know how the TT guys feel about it, but as someone who primarily knows Battletech through the MW games, there were a lot of mechs coming out of left field, for me.

Any specific ones? Most of the IS mechs are nostalgic to some crowd, besides maybe the Cataphract. They've either been in a battletech game, feature predominately in a book or two, are one of the 'premier' faction exclusives, or were included in at least one Battletech starter kit.

#28 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostBombast, on 19 January 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Question for the clanners... what do you all think of the Savage Coyote? I think it's pretty.

I know some people like it, but I think the Blood Asp looks cooler AND is more useful than an 85 ton wanna-be Whale.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 19 January 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well I don't think the Sagittaire or Toyama have ever been in a MechWarrior game, so there is that. I could be wrong about that though.

#30 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

Any specific ones? Most of the IS mechs are nostalgic to some crowd, besides maybe the Cataphract. They've either been in a battletech game, feature predominately in a book or two, are one of the 'premier' faction exclusives, or were included in at least one Battletech starter kit.

If I'm being honest, I much prefer the Canis...

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Canis

#31 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I know some people like it, but I think the Blood Asp looks cooler AND is more useful than an 85 ton wanna-be Whale.

I'd rather have the 95 ton wanna-be Whale that at least represents one of the 4 main Clans. Clan CJF is still unrepresented in the assault class...

Edit: This is directed @ Savage Coyote, not Blood Asp

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 19 January 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#32 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

The sad thing is you can almost guarantee that those 2 IS mechs won't be there, because they are almost never talked about/not iconic enough. I would be surprised if we got the Blood Asp dropped before the Mad Cat Mk. II.

Not to mention, could you imagine the rage deuce that would be dropped on the forums if that happened?

I think there is a decent chance they would do the Blood Asp before the Mad Cat MkII since it would be a better showcase for the new weapons being added. Both are pretty popular so it could go either way and some people are going to be disappointed.

#33 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 19 January 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Now that PGI has shown they will make up entire mechs out of whole cloth, and not just variants, and that Catalyst will go along with it, I anticipate seeing the Archer IIC as part of a The Clans-Unseen! program.

So the Mad dog?...

#34 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostCK16, on 19 January 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

So the Mad dog?...

Mad dog is really Archer 2.0...

It went like this:

Archer ---> Lupus ---> Mad Dog

#35 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

There's a bunch of IS mechs I don't recall from any of the older MW games. Panther, Javelin, Crab, Kintaro, Grasshopper and Banshee, for a start. I can see on sarna that most of them were in fact featured in some of those games though, so I guess I've just forgotten about them. But I certianly wouldn't count them as iconic, based off the games alone. There are many IS mechs that stand out as iconic to me, just based on the old MW games. The Mauler, Timber Wolf, Summoner, Cyclops, Centurion, Raven, Catapult and Jenner, just to name a few.

As for Clan mechs... I don't think I remember Night Gyr from any MW games. And I had never heard of the Huntsman before.

#36 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 19 January 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

There's a bunch of IS mechs I don't recall from any of the older MW games. Panther, Javelin, Crab, Kintaro, Grasshopper and Banshee, for a start. I can see on sarna that most of them were in fact featured in some of those games though, so I guess I've just forgotten about them. But I certianly wouldn't count them as iconic, based off the games alone. There are many IS mechs that stand out as iconic to me, just based on the old MW games. The Mauler, Timber Wolf, Summoner, Cyclops, Centurion, Raven, Catapult and Jenner, just to name a few.

Oh yah, all those IS mechs are nostalgia bait. The only one I'm not sure of is the Kintaro.

As for Clan mechs... I don't think I remember Night Gyr from any MW games. And I had never heard of the Huntsman before.

The Clan mech stable isn't as robust as the Inner Spheres, particularly in this time period, and considering they have to keep a few fan favs in reserve for special occasions/emergencies.

#37 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 19 January 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

That's true, I heard of the Night Gyr in the book "Freebirth" as well as on these forums. Upon research it was decided that it would be a badass mech, and it ended up doing very well in a Clan omnimech poll. Huntsman was in one of the Twilight of the Clans books as a Nabori-nin, but I agree, that one isn't exactly iconic. It also did pretty well in the omnimech poll IIRC.

Edit: JK, the Black Lanner KILLED the Hunstman in the poll, but I guess decided the Huntsman was a better fit given the limited firepower capability of the Black Lanner.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 19 January 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#38 Bradigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Leave the IIC nostalgia/ powercreep sillyness for separate packs.

Bandersnatch and Nightstar or Cerberus for Inner Sphere, Nova Cat and Blood Asp for Clans.

IS gets really good 75 and 95 ton 'mechs, Clans get really good 70 ton and 90 ton 'mechs.

Roughly equal in tonnage and capabilities. Both fill voids in their respective tech bases lineups in terms of performance, both sides 'mechs have variants that feature new tech.

#39 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I guess I just prefer the 'Walking Bunker' look to the 'Over The Shoulder Cannon Holder' look the Blood Asp has.

To each their own!

#40 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

SO far down the list of Clan mechs to desire. Nova Cat, Mad Cat Mk. II, Blood Asp, Fire Moth and several others are all above the Roflman IIC.

You would be surprised. The Warhammer IIC was more desired than the Mad Cat MK.2 on CK16's mech poll for awhile. I haven't checked that poll lately so maybe it surpassed it. I was surprised how in the beginning it was so low on votes, then just dramatically shot up out of the blue.

Besides, I think the remaining IIC's should be released along side the newer 3060+ mechs. I for one want to see the remaining Mechwarrior 2 mechs get in game before the Mad Cat MK.2 makes it on the list. I have a hunch that PGI is saving it for the grand mech con 2017 announcement since it is so highly desired. Perhaps a Novacat/Rifleman IIC pack in March then a Blood Asp/Warhammer IIC pack in April. They don't seem too worried about quick sales by evidence of the Javelin.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 January 2017 - 06:10 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users