#41 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 January 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'd really rather have the more firepower-oriented 70 tonner (compared to the agile Summoner) in the Nova Cat, than a 4th Clan 65 tonner.

How isn't the Rifleman IIC firepower oriented with it's load outs?

As a clan battlemech, it will have 5 higher energy hard points than the Nova Cat's torso region 5. Plus it will have the additional option to run a clan standard engine that will give it the edge of survivability over the locked XL engine of the Nova Cat. PGI wanted more players to run clan standard engines with their load outs and the Rifleman IIC is the ideal mech for that role.

Edit: I did a test against the Rifleman IIC Prime with the Nova Cat A, or the most identical variant vs variant. Here are the results from a three round test.

Spoiler

So as you can see, the Rifleman IIC won twice while the Nova Cat won once. This is largely due to the clan large pulse lasers and the standard engine. Now a RFL-IIC Prime vs a Nova Cat Prime might be a different story for the edge going to the ER PPC's. I like both mechs but I think the Rifleman IIC is going to be able to take a few extra hits with the clan standard engine and slimmer profile on the field.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 January 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#42 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

We have 3 65 tonners. Hellbringrr, Ebon Jaguar, and Linebacker. We need 60 tonners and 70 tonners in the heavy bracket.

#43 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 January 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Edit: I did a test against the Rifleman IIC Prime with the Nova Cat A, or the most identical variant vs variant. Here are the results from a three round test.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with these "tests." We get the Rifleman IIC is cheesy powerful in TT.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 19 January 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#44 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostCK16, on 19 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

We have 3 65 tonners. Hellbringrr, Ebon Jaguar, and Linebacker. We need 60 tonners and 70 tonners in the heavy bracket.

Ah. I forgot about the Linebacker. I'll fix that.

#45 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with these "tests." We get the Rifleman IIC is cheesy powerful in TT.

I was trying to point out similarities of how both mechs would function on the field. Just trying to show the advantages that it can bring to the game. I'll shut up about it once it's finally added.

#46 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 January 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

I was trying to point out similarities of how both mechs would function on the field. Just trying to show the advantages that it can bring to the game. I'll shut up about it once it's finally added.

TT =/= MWO
Whale is pretty much the perfect assault in TT, not so much here these days.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 19 January 2017 - 08:18 PM.

#47 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

While I normally would agree, there isn't a really iconic mech that shows off new tech well and is powerful outside the Fafnir and a bunch of mediums that we don't really need. The Fafnir is cool, but I chose the Sagittaire because it would only be the second 95 tonner for the IS. I chose the Toyama purely because it would be a viable choice of a heavy for the IS and it happens to have future tech. That said, with the time jump, people are just going to have to accept that Word of Blake will be a thing.

You will get salt either way, there are a lot of people who want a Blood Asp too, the Mad Cat MKII just has more vocal irritants. Plus the Blood Asp is more unique which is why I want to see it before the Mad Cat MKII.

You make me & the Nightstar sad (Nightstar > Sagittaire)

#48 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 19 January 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

You make me & the Nightstar sad (Nightstar > Sagittaire)

I know, but you gotta celebrate new tech right with mechs from the new era so it was that or the Albatross (though honestly the Albatross has my interest).

#49 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

I know, but you gotta celebrate new tech right with mechs from the new era so it was that or the Albatross (though honestly the Albatross has my interest).

Hmm but the Nightstar practically is from the 3060s and it's most famous pilots fought the most during the Fedcom. Also the 9SS comes with a uac20 & lbx20 which are probable new tech.

#50 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 19 January 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hmm but the Nightstar practically is from the 3060s and it's most famous pilots fought the most during the Fedcom. Also the 9SS comes with a uac20 & lbx20 which are probable new tech.

It still isn't actually from the 3060s though :P

#51 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 19 January 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

It still isn't actually from the 3060s though :P

But the roadmap only said the mech would have a variant or two with new tech. Not that it'd be from the 3060s. :P

#52 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 19 January 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

But the roadmap only said the mech would have a variant or two with new tech. Not that it'd be from the 3060s. Posted Image

I'd prefer both be from the new era otherwise it seems silly to release two like that.

#53 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostCK16, on 19 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

That's definitely a problem. On the other hand, MWO had approximately a million IS 55-ton medium mechs before there was more than one IS 45 ton mech, and we still only have one IS 40 ton mech.

Also, we have 3 Clan 50 tonners and 1 Clan 40 tonner.

So there is hope. For me, at least.

#54 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

Whatever they will be, the Uziel (3065) will be part of them. Not that i care for it, but many former MW4 player seem to... Maybe they surprise us with the Men-Shen, but I doubt it.

#55 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

I would say guys expect these 4 mechs to be well known mechs. It is like how the orginal 8 for MWO were and the first 8 Clan mechs for wave 1. They bring the most well known chassis first, I would guess the next 4 to 6 for each faction after March to be popular chassis and not obscure ones. Thing that scream 3060 ect.

#56 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 19 January 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I can't hear what you're saying over the sound of how cool the Rifleman IIC is.

Posted Image

Besides. Blood Asp, Mad Cat Vol. 2 and Laser Cat are so mainstream. It's boring.

I'm holding out for the Riflesamurai and the Cougar. Neither is likely to be very meta, due to engine caps.

Im all for the Cougar. Its the update on the Adder. Say what you want about it, sure the Cougar might be one of the slowest lights but also packs one of the biggest punches. A reliable pocket medium, even heavy with the right setup/ pods.
And I loved having them around in MW4 and Mech Commander. Got alot of weapons low and high and just looks great!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostCK16, on 20 January 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

I would say guys expect these 4 mechs to be well known mechs. It is like how the orginal 8 for MWO were and the first 8 Clan mechs for wave 1. They bring the most well known chassis first, I would guess the next 4 to 6 for each faction after March to be popular chassis and not obscure ones. Thing that scream 3060 ect.

Or they might do something like give us mechs that were never featured in any previous mechwarrior titles like the Predator or the Canis. It wouldn't be the first time they gave us mechs nobody asked for. Don't forget about all the 3060+ mechs outside the assault bracket that they can choose from. Want to buy an Arcas or a Scylla?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Canis

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Predator

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arcas

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Scylla

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 20 January 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#58 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

It needs to be the Couger, its just the mech I need right now

#59 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 20 January 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Or they might do something like give us mechs that were never featured in any previous mechwarrior titles like the Predator or the Canis. It wouldn't be the first time they gave us mechs nobody asked for. Don't forget about all the 3060+ mechs outside the assault bracket that they can choose from. Want to buy an Arcas or a Scylla?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Canis

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Predator

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arcas

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Scylla

I highly doubt that man, sorry but rule of cool applies here. Nostalgia will be a lot larger factor than anything else. The got to make money. I expect and hope they give us the first few as well known options, the others will probably be sprinkled in as they go.

#60 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 January 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

How isn't the Rifleman IIC firepower oriented with it's load outs?

As a clan battlemech, it will have 5 higher energy hard points than the Nova Cat's torso region 5. Plus it will have the additional option to run a clan standard engine that will give it the edge of survivability over the locked XL engine of the Nova Cat. PGI wanted more players to run clan standard engines with their load outs and the Rifleman IIC is the ideal mech for that role.

Spoiler

So as you can see, the Rifleman IIC won twice while the Nova Cat won once. This is largely due to the clan large pulse lasers and the standard engine. Now a RFL-IIC Prime vs a Nova Cat Prime might be a different story for the edge going to the ER PPC's. I like both mechs but I think the Rifleman IIC is going to be able to take a few extra hits with the clan standard engine and slimmer profile on the field.

Lol TT results don't apply (a 65 tonner going that slow in MWO would be a joke), and no one runs STD engines in Clan mechs unless you are trying to cram dual gauss in one side torso. I'd rather have a second 70 tonner than a 4th 65 tonner too...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users