The Ambiguous Contest (3 Standard Javelins Up For Grabs)

91 replies to this topic

#81 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostBrenden, on 26 January 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Where do we submit it? Just in here or what?

Pretty sure you just need to post it in here.

#82 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 January 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Art is subjective, and the only way to "improve" is practice. I don't believe art is a competition, in fact I feel competitive thinking stifles creativity. So I would rather encourage any and all who enjoy any of the arts, no matter their "skill".

Just look at the stuff I posted here in these forums four years ago... compared to now. Practice. Lots of it.... and still miles to go before I sleep.

You're not wrong, I'm just a smartmouth. Posted Image

#83 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

K that was plenty of time. The weiners are;

Juodas, jjm, mad hornet, maxrobo, and Bishop.
I had originally started this as a Javelin contest and still can be (look at those pre-order colors!) But it can be a hero to as long as its ~$15.
The others were great, just that these were the most "finished"I'd say. I'm glad to see Bombast putting in the effort despite being a self cynic, a little more detail and practice and you'd be good.Maybe get on CKs nice little contest he's got going on, I know I will give it a shot.Slippn Griff yours was nice and clean but a bit unfinished - great start tho!

On a personal level, I think I do these just to break away from the forum whine meta, and bring in some creative flow.
Great stuff as always, esp Juodas - that pixel art is damn solid. Honorary mention to Bishop as his renditions look how they should be.
JJM that map needs to be in game, for the cool concept alone.
Thanks for participating all.

Winners pm me what you decide. Cheers.

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 January 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#84 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Congratulations to the winners!

View PostJackalBeast, on 28 January 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'm glad to see Bombast putting in the effort despite being a self cynic, a little more detail and practice and you'd be good.

What you have observed here is the grand result of nearly 25 years of doodling, practice, lessons, and one great big traumatic brain injury. It's as good as it's ever gonna get, I'm afraid.

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 January 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Congratulations to the winners!

What you have observed here is the grand result of nearly 25 years of doodling, practice, lessons, and one great big traumatic brain injury. It's as good as it's ever gonna get, I'm afraid.

I beg to differ. You'd be amazed at the odd things that make your skill levels take a quantum leap. Seriously, I look at what I was doing when MWO started...to now. over 30 years of drawing, to a 4 year window. (and tbh my best stuff doesn't make the forums, as it is usually not robots).

The only limit is when we start limiting ourselves. I got faith in ya.

#86 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Congrats to the winners been fun, need to pick up alot tips to improve.

GL on CK's contest.

Posted Image

#87 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 January 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

I beg to differ. You'd be amazed at the odd things that make your skill levels take a quantum leap. Seriously, I look at what I was doing when MWO started...to now. over 30 years of drawing, to a 4 year window. (and tbh my best stuff doesn't make the forums, as it is usually not robots).

The only limit is when we start limiting ourselves. I got faith in ya.

I second the quantum leap thing. I was doing dumb scribbles until three years ago when I decided I would improve. My current works are a product of three years of pencil breaking and page tearing until I finally developed a rhythm.

Edited by MadHornet, 28 January 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#88 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

I had originally started this as a Javelin contest and still can be (look at those pre-order colors!) But it can be a hero to as long as its ~$15.
The others were great, just that these were the most "finished"I'd say. I'm glad to see Bombast putting in the effort despite being a self cynic, a little more detail and practice and you'd be good.Maybe get on CKs nice little contest he's got going on, I know I will give it a shot.Slippn Griff yours was nice and clean but a bit unfinished - great start tho!

On a personal level, I think I do these just to break away from the forum whine meta, and bring in some creative flow.
Great stuff as always, esp Juodas - that pixel art is damn solid. Honorary mention to Bishop as his renditions look how they should be.

Hey! You forgot my epic painting. Posted Image

Congratulations to the winners! May the odds be ever in your favor with your new Assassins!

#89 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

I'm a weiner!

Good thing I came back and looked for this thread, totally missed the announce in all the other forum spam :P

Good job fellas.

#90 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

View Postjjm1, on 01 February 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'm a weiner!

Good thing I came back and looked for this thread, totally missed the announce in all the other forum spam Posted Image

Good job fellas.

He didn't PM you?

Hey, JackelBeast, PM these people!

Anyway, congrats.

#91 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Gg guys!

#92 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 February 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

He didn't PM you?

Hey, JackelBeast, PM these people!

Anyway, congrats.

Hey hey hey! Is it too much to ask for contestants to keep up and participate i.e. check on posts through their feed? I typically ask contestants to PM me, one minor requirement I would say. I can only hand hold so much, not running a charity here, well, not mostly Posted Image

Further, I think it was only jjm that I hadn't been in touch with thus far.

Edited by JackalBeast, 01 February 2017 - 09:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users